PDA

View Full Version : EA Cup Semi Final Draw

clubman
01/06/2009, 3:18 PM
The draw for the semi finals of the 2009 EA SPORTS Cup will be made on Monday, June 1st.

Bohemians, Sligo Rovers, UCD and Waterford United will be entered into the draw, which will be broadcast live on RTE’s Monday Night Soccer (MNS) programme.

www.loi.ie

sligoman
01/06/2009, 7:51 PM
Bohs away, ffs.

CarrickFan
01/06/2009, 8:02 PM
Heartbreaking between this and and last week....will we ever get a home draw again?

red arrow
01/06/2009, 8:12 PM
now that the draws have being made we have to hope for the best and keep thinking positive

Rovers Maniac
01/06/2009, 8:14 PM
Ah Bohs are at home to Cork a few days after, but jesus such luck with draws of late. Hopefully we will get a home final :)

Rovers1
01/06/2009, 8:14 PM
Exactly, never know how things will be, come the day. We nearly beat them earlier in the season!

Rory H
01/06/2009, 8:17 PM
We would have had to play them in the final anyway. Should get a good crowd from Sligo for it, lets see how we do.

avvenalaf
01/06/2009, 9:05 PM
Bring back Fago, Stennie and Harry and away we go.

Red Star
01/06/2009, 9:13 PM
Good draw:D

Mayo Red
02/06/2009, 7:58 AM
I knew we'd get Bohs when I saw Roddy involved in the draw, he even had his special edition pink Bohs shirt on!!;)

The Midget Gem
02/06/2009, 8:16 AM
It was just behond obvious we'd get Bohs away. Sickener.:mad:
There must be someone in the FAI who has a grudge against us!;) We've gotten rotton draws for the past 2/3 years.
Its not like we can even say it will be a money spinner, if it was in the showgrounds there would have been a bigger crowd than what will turn out in Dalymount.

LondonRover
02/06/2009, 8:39 AM
Any idea when the game will be?

Mayo Red
02/06/2009, 9:08 AM
Any idea when the game will be?

It said on MNS lastnight, matches to be played on the week ending 3/4 August, which is a Bank Holiday Monday and the Tuesday!

LondonRover
02/06/2009, 9:16 AM
Hmmm...that roughly coincides with the start of a week home for me anyway. If they fix the date asap I might be able to make the game. :)

rovers100%
02/06/2009, 9:32 AM
think positive lads we were gonna get them in final regardless if got through to it. we will hold them to a draw then back to the showgies and whip the jackeeen cnuts. if we get through semis we will be favourites and a great chance of silverware !!! bring on the gypsies

LondonRover
02/06/2009, 9:34 AM
we will hold them to a draw then back to the showgies and whip the jackeeen cnuts

That's the spirit! :D

rovers100%
02/06/2009, 9:39 AM
well lets be realistic were underdogs in any final we got to down through the years and never stopped us before, the lads will know themselves get through the semis and we have a phenomenal chance of a bit of a silverware if that does not spur them on nothing will. if we met bohs away in the final the big occassion mite overawe them so we mite be better off playing them in semi plus im sure we will have a good following in dalymount on the nite and the forza will be singing like they are in the final of x factor !!!

clubman
02/06/2009, 10:04 AM
think positive lads we were gonna get them in final regardless if got through to it. we will hold them to a draw then back to the showgies and whip the jackeeen cnuts. if we get through semis we will be favourites and a great chance of silverware !!! bring on the gypsies

No replay for this one, like every other round there has to be a result on the night.
I feel upbeat for this one. Good surface, good support, we have it all to play for and I'm sure Bohs will have more things on their minds than winning this 'mickey mouse competition'

rovers100%
02/06/2009, 10:43 AM
lets get practicing penalties just in case............

redobit
02/06/2009, 1:18 PM
If we have aspirations to win this cup then Bohs are the team we wanted in the semi-final. They are more likely to play a weaker team in the semis with the top of the league as tight as it is.

sligored
02/06/2009, 2:51 PM
i thought the bowl that they drew the teams out of was a glass bowl with big numbers printed on balls inside it - could they not have put white pieces of paper into the drum or done something a little more transparent.

Martinho II
02/06/2009, 3:21 PM
If we have aspirations to win this cup then Bohs are the team we wanted in the semi-final. They are more likely to play a weaker team in the semis with the top of the league as tight as it is.

lads just to put a positive spin on it We beat Bohs in the League Cup Final in 2004 in flansiro. They havent won the league cup since the late seventies. You never know in the cup.

LondonRover
10/06/2009, 9:48 AM
Has there been any word on whether this match will take place on the Monday or Tuesday yet does anyone know?