PDA

View Full Version : Massive Week

The Fox
31/05/2009, 7:31 PM
Two really big games now this week - real 6 pointers!!
Hopefully the lads are as up for it as they were on Friday night. I think that there is plenty of reason to remain upbeat after that solid performance.
I presume the two lads that were sent off are both suspended for Sligo - how many matches do they miss. I thought that both were a bit unlucky although I was quite far away from the Mulcahy one. I thought Deans was particularily unlucky - he had only eyes on the ball and i thought that he got a touch on it.
Is Foran injured or will he be available?

Sheridan
31/05/2009, 8:16 PM
Two really big games now this week - real 6 pointers!!
Hopefully the lads are as up for it as they were on Friday night. I think that there is plenty of reason to remain upbeat after that solid performance.
I presume the two lads that were sent off are both suspended for Sligo - how many matches do they miss.
Automatic ban for the next game, any subsequent additional bans will be issued by the disciplinary committee in due course (but may not kick in for a while.)

naoise kennedy
01/06/2009, 8:43 AM
totally agree huge week but i can't see us getting six points. we should beat dundalk but sligo could be more dangerous. Of the two lads missing mulcahy's absents will be the biggest loss. Ithink we have enough to fill deansy boots but do we really have somebody to take over mulcahy's..

BrayUnknowns
02/06/2009, 8:58 AM
Injuries and suspensions are really starting to show how thin or squad is... We need reinforcements big time but don't think anyone will be coming in during the window.

Mulcahy is becoming a very important player for us and pretty much drives the midfield forward. On Friday night we were being over run in the middle of the park but then Mulcahy and Brennan swapped and it was Bray who started to run midfield. Silly sending off which was deserved, but the camera angle on MNS didn't do it justice in fairness. Both players raised their hands and deserved to go, one of the only things Douglas actually got right on the night.

I said at the start of the season Deans was a liability - sent off twice in 2 games :mad: He must be due a fairly lengthy ban for that, plus all the yellows he has picked up, it's no wonder he was dropped on Friday night. He wont be missed what so ever, give one of the young lads a run in the team ahead of him, at least they would have a bit more cop on.

Paddy Kavanagh's put for a few weeks as well now with a hamstring injury.

I'd be happy with 2 draws being honest...

Well Red
02/06/2009, 6:17 PM
Sad to see that there is no build up to the Sligo match on your Official Website or is it out of action. Typically a lot of clubs ignore the fans by not trying to promote the game and you would have to wonder if there was a match at all tonight. If the BW website is out of commission then I understand but if it is not then somebody needs to get their finger out.

naoise kennedy
02/06/2009, 9:29 PM
what can you say.. great match, with so many players missing the players that came in were fantastic. great to see forsyth getting his start, did nothing wrong and made the second goal surprised that he was taken off.

foran and webster had fantastic games, can't knock any of the defenders and great goal by doire doyle. i taught mccabe and kelly had quiet first half's but both made up for it in the second half. great result going into dundalk game .. well done eddie and well done the team..

superfrank
02/06/2009, 9:43 PM
Yeah, it was a great performance and a great win. Second half was the best I've seen from us all season.

Absolutely delighted with the result I can't have any complaints about us.

Dunny
03/06/2009, 1:58 AM
Tough game for us Friday, we desperatley need the win but I don't see it happening. Maybe 0-0 or 0-1 Bray.:(

BrayUnknowns
03/06/2009, 1:28 PM
Good result and premorance from all involved last night, very good nights work !

Great prefromance from Massey, Foran and Brennan (MOTM IMO) yet again. McCabe and Coughlan had excellent 2nd halfs and Kelly did very well up front. Byrne looked sharp when he came on near the end and was unlucky not to get on the score sheet (he was fairly decent on Karoke King on MNS as well haha, we should try and come up with a song for him out of that).

Skippy made a couple of excellent saves, especially the double save in the 1st half, ya'll have to go a long way to see somethinng better than that this season.

Our only problem is consistancy, we need to become ruthless but the young lads will only get that in time.

The Fox
03/06/2009, 8:53 PM
So what is the story with George O Callaghan?

KR's Post
03/06/2009, 9:15 PM
So what is the story with George O Callaghan?

Don't get anybody started there!

Dunny
03/06/2009, 9:19 PM
Personal issue's. End of.

sligoman
03/06/2009, 11:26 PM
So what is the story with George O Callaghan?He couldn't handle the abuse from opposition players and fans according to Sean Connor's programme notes.

naoise kennedy
07/06/2009, 9:36 AM
After last tuesday's fantastic performance what happened up in oriel, nobody can say that dundalk are one of the better teams we played (going on the 3-0 score). We played the same starting eleven as tuesday so are we back to the same old good performance one week crap the other week, when was the last time we heard the term good performance and ger rowe in the one sentence and also to score against us, he could'nt kick a ball last year.
OK they are a good group of young mostly young lads but we have no consistency, drawing against pats, beating sligo, i did not expect a 3-0 defeat against a team that has not won in five games.

rant over

BrayUnknowns
08/06/2009, 10:33 AM
After last tuesday's fantastic performance what happened up in oriel, nobody can say that dundalk are one of the better teams we played (going on the 3-0 score). We played the same starting eleven as tuesday so are we back to the same old good performance one week crap the other week, when was the last time we heard the term good performance and ger rowe in the one sentence and also to score against us, he could'nt kick a ball last year.
OK they are a good group of young mostly young lads but we have no consistency, drawing against pats, beating sligo, i did not expect a 3-0 defeat against a team that has not won in five games.

rant over

A bit of both really, poor preformance but an even worse preformance from the Lineo, Dundalks goals in the first half were both off side, especially the 2nd one - it was at least 5 yeards off side. Really shocking decisions indeed, and as for the 3rd goal ! well the less we talk about Skippy and his part in it the better, very very poor indeed. Bring back Goughy now that he's not with Longford :D

They never got to grips with the pitch and couldn't get into their passing game. Poor decisions, poor prefromances and poor reffering let Dundalk win

Martinho II
08/06/2009, 6:48 PM
A bit of both really, poor preformance but an even worse preformance from the Lineo, Dundalks goals in the first half were both off side, especially the 2nd one - it was at least 5 yeards off side. Really shocking decisions indeed, and as for the 3rd goal ! well the less we talk about Skippy and his part in it the better, very very poor indeed. Bring back Goughy now that he's not with Longford :D

They never got to grips with the pitch and couldn't get into their passing game. Poor decisions, poor prefromances and poor reffering let Dundalk win

if ye get goughy any chance gormley could come to us as we are kind of stuck!!:p

Hulsey
09/06/2009, 1:53 AM

While the linesman was basically pathetic last friday, I don't think he can be blamed for the result. To a man the lads had a shocker and the better team on the night won, regardless of the offsides