PDA

View Full Version : Liam Kearney...

Campbell
14/01/2004, 10:59 AM
Hi, I was on here I while back, but i was just wandering how his progess has been?

Once he puts on a couple of pounds, he'll be a good player for you I think.

tiktok
14/01/2004, 11:23 AM
I think he's going to be a star for city although not everyone would agree with me. he went through a bad spell late last season but I've no doubt he'll impress come March.

he is a bit lightweight, but finds great space as you said, with a few pounds on him, he'll be class.

Eric
14/01/2004, 11:25 AM
I think his progress has been coming along nicely. He tore a stomach muscle towards the end of last season and that can only be put down to the fact he wasn't used to the physical nature of the game in the eL and that fact that he hadn't been playing much before signing.

He has bulked up a small bit physically in the off season but still needs to put on a small bit more I reckon

SÓC
14/01/2004, 11:59 AM
Kearney is a gem of a player.

So skillful and gets good crosses into the box. Ok he's small but so is Zola. If you have the skill your good enough. Needs to learn how to get free kicks ala Duff.

I think when Georgie isnt playing that Kearney is the man to play in the hole.

In the 2-0 victory over Pats in Richmond Kearney was outstanding. Himself and Georgie really enjoyed taking the pi$$ out of the Pats players.

adamcarr
14/01/2004, 5:22 PM
he is a reliable and very fast player but gets pushed off the ball too easily

liamon
15/01/2004, 8:48 AM
He's only a kid. He's bound to get pushed off the ball easily. As he gets older/stronger/more experienced, I'd expect that to become les of an issue. Should be a great player for CCFC over the coming years.

Éanna
16/01/2004, 1:09 PM
another few months playing for the first team and he'll be a class act. He just needs to get used to the physical side of things, but he has real quality