PDA

View Full Version : Game Tonight ?

Iorfa2MaccaJim
30/05/2009, 12:52 PM
Hi lads.

I was just wondering are many Wexford fans coming up for the game tonight ?

Splurge
30/05/2009, 7:49 PM
Hi lads.

I was just wondering are many Wexford fans coming up for the game tonight ?

Probably not as much as would have come as Wexford were playing a championship match at home tonight.

1:2 to the youths.

ForzaForth
30/05/2009, 9:22 PM
Great game of football in the RSC tonight with Wexford doing well to get all three points. Although we had a few injuries, the balance of the team lookd much better than usual with Vickers wide right and Locky wide left and Doyle and Sheahan up front. Only Rossi, playing out of position at left back in place of JFOC, looked uncomfortable against a good right-winger.

Wexford's first goal was a smashing free kick from Gavin and the rest of the first half was fairly even with Blues having one good chance and Devine making a good save from Sinny. Only worry was that the Blues were winning a lot of ball in the air.

Second half saw Sheahan getting our second with his usual run from off the last shoulder and a left-foot bobbly finish which I thought Devine could have done better with. Blues then went down the pitch immediately and got one back when they won a header at the far post and Kiely back-heeled (?) to score. Blues then threw the kitchen sink at us but Packie pulled off some good saves towards the end to keep us in front.

Another win against Fingal next week and we'd really be in the mix.

The Optimist
30/05/2009, 9:36 PM
Enjoyed the game tonight.
Those three points have been long overdue against waterford.

5ForKeeps
31/05/2009, 9:11 AM
My thoughts exactly the Optimist. There were a decent crowd from Wexford, probably about 50 or 60 including myself but in living down in Waterford really didn't have an interest what was going on at Wexford Park. Forgot that was even on last night.

Splurge
31/05/2009, 10:58 AM
Enjoyed the game tonight.
Those three points have been long overdue against waterford.

Definitely, we should have gotten something off them in the first home game and a couple of times last season.
Shame i missed it, i was all set to go but the lads i usually go with started dropping off like flies so in the end i stayed put and took the short walk over to Wexford park.

Sunny Jim
31/05/2009, 8:34 PM
Delighted with the result. I thought we bossed the midfield and the defence was pretty solid as usual. Vickers looked good too, it was my first time to see him I think and I was impressed.

I think we're starting to mature as a team now. This is the kind of game we would have lost two- or three-nil last year. It's great to see and there's no team we need to be afraid of in this division. We've beaten the top two away already and I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of this team getting better again next year.

bellavistaman
01/06/2009, 9:46 AM
Delighted lads, ye made my week, cheers!!!:D