PDA

View Full Version : Brazil charge €470,000 for appearance

brendy_éire
13/01/2004, 4:09 PM
Brazil are charging the FAI €470,000 for appearing at Lansdowne next month. Even assuming the ticket gates amount to €900,000, the FAI won't have much left after paying off other charges.

Greedy, money-grabbin Brazilian scum! :mad:

Bald Student
13/01/2004, 4:11 PM
The game will be on Sky Sports because it is a friendly. That could have something to do with it.

Dodge
13/01/2004, 4:27 PM
No, I reckon its becaue they want a sell out so they can show the givernment, they "need" a top class stadium

Jon'o
13/01/2004, 6:41 PM
sky pay each premership team aprox £600,000 stg for each live game shown on tv.

international games are a diffrent story, id guess that they would pay the fai around the same amount..

i do agree that its a high price to pay but the benifits outnumber the cost. ie.. proving to the goverment that a new ground is needed and what tye of teams we could be playing.

also the benifit to the local economy is huge this will go to show what will happen if the fai get forced to play in england.... why shift money which should be kept in ireland to another country

niamh
13/01/2004, 8:20 PM
Wouldn't the game be covered by Sky's deal with the FAI so nothing more than they agreed already?

gspain
14/01/2004, 8:30 AM
Game is already covered by Sky deal but obviously Sky will be thrilled so positive benefits down the road. Ditto for the fans etc.

As discussed earlier the F.A.I. will have made more money from Canada than from Brazil but it does show the need for a stadium and keeps the pressur eon Bertie to make a decision.

I assume the F.A.I. will also make more money from the Czech game as they will now have asellout assuming it's a block booking system.