PDA

View Full Version : UCD Game

Lamper.sffc
28/05/2009, 1:13 PM
Big game tonight for both teams. If UCD lose people will wonder if UCD are starting to falter and if we lose questions about our ability to get promoted at all this season will surely be asked and rightly so.

We have the same injuries as last week except Doyle and Byrne face fitness tests.

With Byrne i would be a bit more confident of getting the win we need.
A good result for UCD would be a draw or a win while i feel we need to win.

Wont be able to make this one myself, Could someone post up how the game went.

Any UCD lads have any views on tonights game.

DmanDmythDledge
28/05/2009, 1:16 PM
If Fingal play their best they will definitely win. Given the amount of times that has happened this season, if at all, it's questionable if it will. Regardless, in the context of the whole season a draw would be great result for us.

John83
28/05/2009, 1:32 PM
Wont be able to make this one myself, Could someone post up how the game went.
Keep an eye on twitter.com/ucdupdates. I presume it'll be carrying updates tonight.

Lamper.sffc
29/05/2009, 9:45 AM
Great win for us and a much needed one also. How did the game go. Where we lucky or was it a fair result.

pineapple stu
29/05/2009, 9:51 AM
It was very similar to the game in Morton. You were largely disinterested, with basic errors such as sliced passes into touch all too common. Shane McFaul should possibly have walked after 20 minutes; in the second half, we hit the bar, had two shots off the line and then passed the ball straight to Conan 20 yards out with no-one near him. Dreadful error, and arguably we got what we deserved for it. Harsh lesson though.

Lamper.sffc
30/05/2009, 3:32 AM
It was very similar to the game in Morton. You were largely disinterested, with basic errors such as sliced passes into touch all too common. Shane McFaul should possibly have walked after 20 minutes; in the second half, we hit the bar, had two shots off the line and then passed the ball straight to Conan 20 yards out with no-one near him. Dreadful error, and arguably we got what we deserved for it. Harsh lesson though.

Fair enough. Did we make any decent chances or was it one way traffic.

John83
30/05/2009, 12:39 PM
Fair enough. Did we make any decent chances or was it one way traffic.
You had some chances; I thought you outplayed us a little, but lacked the concentration to look like winning it before we made the error leading to the goal.

Fingal Fan
30/05/2009, 5:49 PM
A great result and a badly needed one after the disaster that was the Waterford match . We seem to have a better away record this season then at home .Hopefully we can built on this and get a good run going .