PDA

View Full Version : eL Supporters Tickets For Upcoming Friendly Games?

Peadar
13/01/2004, 1:49 PM
Will the FAI allocate tickets for the North Terrace to the eL supporters again? Since it's terracing and not bucket seats there should be a great buzz.

Dodge
13/01/2004, 1:54 PM
They probably won't need us to fill the ground.

Peadar
13/01/2004, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
They probably won't need us...

That's true but everyone is saying that you will have to buy a ticket for the Czech game too if you buy a Brazil ticket?
These games are against quality opposition and tickets will sell themselves but there will be other games where the FAI will be glad of our support.

Dodge
13/01/2004, 2:12 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
That's true but everyone is saying that you will have to buy a ticket for the Czech game too if you buy a Brazil ticket?
These games are against quality opposition and tickets will sell themselves but there will be other games where the FAI will be glad of our support.
Yeah and I might be wrong, they may actually reward the real fans again.

I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough

tiktok
13/01/2004, 2:16 PM
I would have bought a ticket for the Czech game anyway, but it makes sense for the FAI to do that, no different than block booking for qualifying series.

I hope they do keep the EL section going, it'd only be right to reward those who put so much effort in before.

gspain
13/01/2004, 2:58 PM
EL fans got tickets for Russia home as well as other qualifiers.

I've no doubt they'll be offered again. It seemed to be a great success.

Surely a block booking system with the Czech game is in the fans interests as it cuts out some of the event trippers.

Peadar
13/01/2004, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
I would have bought a ticket for the Czech game anyway

Too right, they play some great football and will be a real test for Ireland.
I can't see Brian Kerr learning too much from the Brazil game to be honest but the Czech game is a chance to see how we handle a Euro 2004 team. Two good teams fair play to the FAI.
Lets hope the atmosphere is fitting for the occassions.

Schumi
13/01/2004, 3:34 PM
They probably won't need us to fill the ground. They didn't need us for any of the qualifying games they gave us tickets for so hopefully they will.

Gary
13/01/2004, 6:34 PM
They probably won't need us to fill the ground.

Dunno about that. This will be the bar stool event of the century. The feens who said "Ill never watch Aaaaaaaareland play again until Roy Keane blah blah blah" will be there in force. I reckon itll be incredible hard to get a ticket.

On the matter of the Czechs. I'd like to see that game, but if its mid wk im goosed, as ill find it hard enough to get time off for the brazil game. is it mid wk or is it a saturday?

Martinho II
13/01/2004, 9:40 PM
Gary, Brazils game is a midweek fixture.

Colm
13/01/2004, 9:42 PM
Originally posted by Gary
On the matter of the Czechs. I'd like to see that game, but if its mid wk im goosed, as ill find it hard enough to get time off for the brazil game. is it mid wk or is it a saturday?

Czech game is pencilled in for a Wednesday but there is the possibility of it being moved to the Tuesday to allow players return to their clubs early.

I'll be quite surprised if there isn't an el allocation for both these games. They've been more than happy to give us tickets up to now and I can't see why that would change all of a sudden.

niamh
21/01/2004, 8:20 PM
I'd say the same. The FAI could have sold out the Russia match without the eL fans. This is now the time to test how much they want the eL fans there on match day.

James
22/01/2004, 7:36 AM
heard last night there will be an EL allocation

guess details to follow from your local supporters club's and fanzines :)