PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Army fans told to buy tickets in advance

Umberside
23/05/2009, 10:19 PM
Cork City have asked supporters to buy tickets in advance for next Friday's clash with champions Bohemians. The attendance for the game is hoped to be above 5,000 and because of such a big crowd extra tickets have been allocated to Ticketmaster and the normal outlets (i.e. Lennox's Chip Shop).

Because of the expected large attendance, large queues are expected outside the stadium and so the club have advised supporters to buy tickets in advance to reduce queueing times.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/main.php

sligoman
23/05/2009, 10:27 PM
the club have advised supporters to buy tickets in advance to reduce queueing timesNothing to do with Cork needing money ASAP then no?

Umberside
23/05/2009, 10:42 PM
Nothing to do with Cork needing money ASAP then no?

No I don't think so. We had a problem earlier this season where for the game against St Pats kick-off was delayed because there were still hundreds of people queueing outside by a quarter to eight.

And there will be a much bigger crowd for this game so big queues are expected.

MariborKev
23/05/2009, 10:43 PM
Shift this to the Cork forum, no relevance to this forum.

Umberside
24/05/2009, 12:16 PM
It smacks of a desperate attempt to get money in quickly to me. We're hanging on by the skin of our teeth from the looks of things

I think it's a marketing ploy. They say buy tickets in advance and you get the idea it's a big event but in reality, there's no chance of a sell-out.

tiktok
24/05/2009, 12:30 PM
I think it's a marketing ploy. They say buy tickets in advance and you get the idea it's a big event but in reality, there's no chance of a sell-out.

Nail on the head.
Seems to be working too, heard that 500 tickets have already been sold.
It's our biggest game of the season, not everything is a conspiracy.

pete
24/05/2009, 5:16 PM
It smacks of a desperate attempt to get money in quickly to me. We're hanging on by the skin of our teeth from the looks of things

Selling even a thousand tickets in advance won't affect our financial position.

The club always ask people to buy tickets in advance for big games to reduce queues.

corkboy360
25/05/2009, 11:47 PM
I doubt even 500 people would usually buy there tickets in advance so sounds good.
Selling this to all my friends as the biggest eircom league game all season.Hopefully it works.