PDA

View Full Version : Dave Rogers Sacked

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Black and White
23/05/2009, 3:02 PM
Dave Rogers has been sacked by the Dundalk board over last nights incident.

www.dundalkfc.com (http://www.dundalkfc.com)

Black and White
23/05/2009, 3:11 PM
No more than the **** deserves. Fairplay to Dundalk for being swift and fair of their punishment of him. What an eejit he is though. What club will take him in now?

The desperate Drogs!:D

dcfcsteve
23/05/2009, 3:12 PM
I've never liked Rogers - a poor player and a thug.

What did he actually do last night then ? Was he caught selling red diesel to Maxi....? :)

Black and White
23/05/2009, 3:15 PM
I've never liked Rogers - a poor player and a thug.

What did he actually do last night then ? Was he caught selling red diesel to Maxi....? :)

He went over to the corner in the away section when the ball went out of paly for a goal kick and kicked the ball over to Beno then preceded in mooning wither the Pats fans or the linesman or both and the linesman signalled to the ref who sent him off.

http://www.orielweb.com/dundalktalk/download/file.php?id=57

dcfcsteve
23/05/2009, 3:19 PM
He went over to the corner in the away section when the ball went out of paly for a goal kick and kicked the ball over to Beno then preceded in mooning wither the Pats fans or the linesman or both and the linesman signalled to the ref who sent him off.

http://www.orielweb.com/dundalktalk/download/file.php?id=57

Shockingly unprofessional stuff.

Good riddens.

Mr A
23/05/2009, 3:22 PM
Kudos to Dundalk for their swift and decisive action. It's difficult to believe such an experienced player would let the team and club down by such a pointless, stupid and idiotic action.

JC_GUFC
23/05/2009, 3:24 PM
Kudos to Dundalk for their swift and decisive action. It's difficult to believe such an experienced player would let the team and club down by such a pointless, stupid and idiotic action.

It was Dave Rogers.

topia
23/05/2009, 3:27 PM
ah sure it was only a bit of craic!

Rovers1
23/05/2009, 3:29 PM
Right thing to do from Dundalk's side. Rogers is an idiot, not a great footballer either. Wonder how long it will take for the papers to get hold of this and have another negative LoI story on their back pages? :(

Dodge
23/05/2009, 3:31 PM
ah sure it was only a bit of craic!

It definitely only was a bit of banter between Rogers and Pats fans. We gave him usual stick, he gave a bit banter. He's one of the few who can take it in fairness to him.

Scandalous decision by Dundalk IMO. It was never a sackable offence. Combined with Dundalk upping prices and the possible sacking of O'Callaghan it screams that money is an issue with Dundalk

Dodge
23/05/2009, 3:32 PM
Right thing to do from Dundalk's side. Rogers is an idiot, not a great footballer either. Wonder how long it will take for the papers to get hold of this and have another negative LoI story on their back pages? :(

Get real will you? :rolleyes:

It happens in most leagues in the world

dcfcsteve
23/05/2009, 3:35 PM

Hang on Dodge - are you claiming that players pulling moonies is a common occurence in senior league worlwide.......? :eek:

If only Drogheda had had the sense to do the same about 5yrs ago when one of their players took a **** on the edge of the Brandywell pitch iwhilst warming up.......

Rovers1
23/05/2009, 3:36 PM

ooh touchy!!

I'm just merely putting across an opinion that the papers will see this, and instead of using a LoI result as one of their stories, they'll always use something like that.

Obvious,no?

Mr A
23/05/2009, 3:38 PM
Mooning isn't a sacking offence to me, but that's not the point as I see it.

Getting yourself sent off for mooning in the middle of a vital game sure as hell is though.

Total plonker.

SligoBrewer
23/05/2009, 3:39 PM
How can it be negative to have this on the back pages?

That arse is like sooooooooooooooooo sexy!

LeixlipRed
23/05/2009, 3:48 PM
It definitely only was a bit of banter between Rogers and Pats fans. We gave him usual stick, he gave a bit banter. He's one of the few who can take it in fairness to him.

Scandalous decision by Dundalk IMO. It was never a sackable offence. Combined with Dundalk upping prices and the possible sacking of O'Callaghan it screams that money is an issue with Dundalk

Exactly. Ridicuolous decision. One that smacks of opportunism in relationship to the financial situation. Stupid thing for Rogers to do, but a sackable offence??

kdjaC
23/05/2009, 3:48 PM

In fairness its completley out of character for Rogers to be taking the **** out of fans.

http://i34.tinypic.com/34dq7o4.jpg

Black and White
23/05/2009, 4:04 PM

Hang on a min there Dodge, if say Mark Quigley got sent off last night for a similar offence would you be coming out saying its all abit of banter, I distinctly remember this time yesterday alot of ye calling for Kenna head and if the shoe was on the other foot and he got sent off, ye missed a peno and we won 1 nil, would ye be saying the same? There was an altercation with Rogers and somebody when he went down the tunnel, perhaps this has somethign to do with him being sacked, we dont know, all we know is that he has being sacked for gross misconduct. There is nothing on the website to say that he was sacked for pulling his shorts down.

By the way did all ye miss Kyle Moran running over to the shed when ye scored and giving 2 fingered gestures to our fans? Think thats a red card offence too but sure the old saying comes to mind, Dubliners look after Dubliners!

topia
23/05/2009, 4:24 PM
Think thats a red card offence too but sure the old saying comes to mind, Dubliners look after Dubliners!

A lot of people in the league seem to think decisions go against them because they are not from dublin...in my opinion this is a cop out and they need to catch themselves on.

HulaHoop
23/05/2009, 4:28 PM
A nice excuse for Dundalk to get a wage off the bill

OneRedArmy
23/05/2009, 4:33 PM
Good riddens.Freudian slip Steve?

pete
23/05/2009, 4:41 PM
Picture of the incident (http://sportsfile.com/id/354780/5000/)

Muppet.

Black and White
23/05/2009, 4:49 PM
A lot of people in the league seem to think decisions go against them because they are not from dublin...in my opinion this is a cop out and they need to catch themselves on.

Officials from Dublin seem to be favouring and making favourable decisions towards Dublin teams when they compete against non Dublin based teams and you cant say they are not.

Longfordian
23/05/2009, 4:53 PM

I'd agree with this, if I were Rogers I'd be looking at challenging that decision legally. Not that I'd be a big fan of Rogers but I don't think it amounts to a sacking. A hefty fine or suspension yes but not a sacking.

Dodge
23/05/2009, 4:53 PM
Of course you can say they're not. Your delusional if you think that. Dublin people simply don't care about the rest of the country enough to screw it

Not to mention the fact that Kyle moran not being sent off was the red looking after a Dundalk lad

Maynard
23/05/2009, 5:00 PM
Seems OTT to me. An internal ban and a fine would be more appropriate IMHO.

Dunny
23/05/2009, 5:04 PM
Good enough for him. He showed a total lack of respect for this club.

John83
23/05/2009, 5:05 PM
Just saw the picture in the Indo.

http://chaobell.net/newgallery/d/1845-1/image_out_of_my_head.jpg

HulaHoop
23/05/2009, 5:16 PM
Officials from Dublin seem to be favouring and making favourable decisions towards Dublin teams when they compete against non Dublin based teams and you cant say they are not.

Just like when Stephen Bradley was sent off for us in Dundalk for mouthing to a linesman. Real bias for Dublin teams alright :rolleyes:

SligoBrewer
23/05/2009, 5:52 PM
Dubliners look after Dubliners!

:rolleyes:
Move to shaggin Dublin so!

Otherwise
http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:bQHZ9Uvs9_QJ7M:http://blog.ecr.co.za/breakfast/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/mouth-zip.jpg

adamd164
23/05/2009, 5:53 PM
I don't think there was any malice in it.

Dundalk board relieved they can knock a chunk off the wage bill.

A face
23/05/2009, 6:18 PM
Could have been the last straw for all we know. I'd agree its not a sacking offence but i think legal the club could fight their corner as well, a seriously dumb thing to do.

Black and White
23/05/2009, 6:26 PM
:rolleyes:
Move to shaggin Dublin so!

Otherwise
http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:bQHZ9Uvs9_QJ7M:http://blog.ecr.co.za/breakfast/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/mouth-zip.jpg

Nah it aint all what its cracked out to be!

Martinho II
23/05/2009, 6:32 PM
to be honest thinking about it its a red card but no way is is it sackable.. When he came down to flansiro in his shels days we always had the banter with him too but in a nice way.. I think he is very hard done by..

topia
23/05/2009, 6:45 PM

they arent though, you just think they are...in actual fact they are just of a shockingly poor standard they dont intentionally screw you over, and make just as many bad decisions against the dublin teams

OneRedArmy
23/05/2009, 6:52 PM
I'd hazard a guess doing what he did, in front of customers, would get you sacked in pretty much any workplace.

Whilst I acknowledge footballers are more knuckleheaded than average (IMO), but I'm not sure it's a good enough reason for different rules to apply.

balls
23/05/2009, 7:04 PM
was managing an underage team where a player mooned oponent. he got a 1 year ban from league , the chairman of our club also banned the player for life from club so in alot of peoples views it is a serious offence not too major in mine though. liiked the way in todays star they refered to dundalk as crazy gang, what will be next from connors bunch of bandits? is george out in greece can anyone from dundalk confirm

brianw82
23/05/2009, 7:10 PM
I'd hazard a guess doing what he did, in front of customers, would get you sacked in pretty much any workplace.

Whilst I acknowledge footballers are more knuckleheaded than average (IMO), but I'm not sure it's a good enough reason for different rules to apply.

Spot on. It's indecent exposure, whatever way you look at it. Sure don't players get booked all the time for taking their shirts off to celebrate a goal?

Ezeikial
23/05/2009, 7:10 PM

Ridicuolous decision. One that smacks of opportunism in relationship to the financial situation. Stupid thing for Rogers to do, but a sackable offence??

A nice excuse for Dundalk to get a wage off the bill

Dundalk board relieved they can knock a chunk off the wage bill.

To suggest that his sacking was motivated by a wish to reduce the wage bill is disingenuous, and completely misses the point.

I posted last night that I would shed no tears for Dave Rogers if this was the outcome, but that I doubted that this would happen.

I think that Dundalk may be on dodgy ground from a legal perspective, but I have no doubt about the morality of it.

His actions were immature, unprofessional, and disrespectful. He let down his team mates, the club, and the large fan base who have shown patience, tolerance and loyality in a difficult season.

Dave Rogers has actually been one of the few good preformers for Dundalk this season, and with a shortage of defenders in the squad it hardly suits to terminate his contract.

This is simply the latest in bizarre indiscipline which has cost the club dearly in league points. Sean Connor appears to have failed to deal with this (some would say they he has facilitated it), and he must take ultimate responsiblity.

I believe that the board have taken a morally brave decision here, but fear that the risks are substancial, both legally and from a team morale perspective.

Dodge
23/05/2009, 7:14 PM

In fairness most people don't get the level of abuse footballers do. And the customers he did it in front of will be back at most once this year, and even then practically everyone one of us laughed when he did it.

hoops1
23/05/2009, 7:33 PM

Never agreed with you more. Rodgers is one of the players who you can have a bit of banter with during a game. He gets dog abuse wherever he goes (alot vicious some probably racist and there is never one word of complaint from him. OK he probably overstepped the mark but jesus christ to sack him is a disgrace.

SligoBrewer
23/05/2009, 7:52 PM
Spot on. It's indecent exposure, whatever way you look at it. Sure don't players get booked all the time for taking their shirts off to celebrate a goal?

For it to be indecent exposure, his genitals have to be exposed. And his balls aren't THAT big.

Dodge
23/05/2009, 7:52 PM
Never agreed with you more. Rodgers is one of the players who you can have a bit of banter with during a game. He gets dog abuse wherever he goes (alot vicious some probably racist and there is never one word of complaint from him. OK he probably overstepped the mark but jesus christ to sack him is a disgrace.

raicst? :rolleyes: x 1,000,000

Seano
23/05/2009, 7:53 PM
Was it a full mooner or was it just down to his jocks?

SligoBrewer
23/05/2009, 7:54 PM
Was it a full mooner or was it just down to his jocks?

Jocks

Seano
23/05/2009, 7:57 PM
Jocks

I think that punishment is a bit harsh so

Dodge
23/05/2009, 7:58 PM
Jocks

Full mooner actually. Pic in the paper caught it at the end (as he was pulling up)

SligoBrewer
23/05/2009, 7:59 PM
Full mooner actually. Pic in the paper caught it at the end (as he was pulling up)

I stand corrected.

oriel
23/05/2009, 8:33 PM
Scandalous decision by Dundalk IMO. It was never a sackable offence.

What about the children at the game ? Was it right for them to witness this ? I think it sends out a clear message to the rest of the squad and I support the decision.

Besides, didnt pats sack a player last year for being too fat !

stamullendrog
23/05/2009, 8:42 PM
prices up at the gate,two players sacked,well one definite one rumoured,a manager that wouldnt manage a **** up in a brewery,i think between dundalk and bohs off the field woes drogs will stay up and cement our place as the pride of louth