PDA

View Full Version : Is that it????????

johno
10/01/2004, 2:38 PM
I'm sure I cant heap any more praise on Longford Town for their achievements last season apart from maybe a better performance in the league especially at home, but it amazes me that almost 3 months after their proudest moment in Landsdowne Rd that there is still not one piece of acknowledgement in the town of Longford that can identify this achievement.C'mon Councillors, Politicians and Businessmen, wake up to the fact that this team made history,most of you were in Landsdowne that day (probably your first Longford Town game)
and witnessed this historic occasion so give some recognition to this fact, maybe a sign or banner at the roundabout on the Mostrim Rd to replace the flag bearing pieces of metal that probably made history a zillion years ago.This achievement is worth the applause NOW and not in the future when its all a distant memory.:confused:

Maz
10/01/2004, 8:29 PM
in fairness for all sporting and other achievements in longford the councillors do hold civic receptions for the teams, id say this will be organised when the season is under way again!

johno
10/01/2004, 9:39 PM
I'm looking for a permanent fixture in or around the town that acknowledges this wonderful achievement,something that can be viewed by residents of Longford, tourists, passers by.Civic receptions are great but fade into a memory after a very short time. Lets keep this memory alive for a long time.

Martinho II
11/01/2004, 11:21 PM
Whenever you approach other towns, eg sligo have a name sign stating home of the famous Sligo Rovers and it is also the same for Ballybofey.

Isnt it about time that the longford co co did something similar along the lines of fai cup championms 2003?

johno
12/01/2004, 5:35 PM
Isnt it about time that the longford co co did something similar along the lines of fai cup championms 2003? [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly. Something simple but obvious would be appreciated.