PDA

View Full Version : City jerseys to the fore nice to see

Counting Crow
09/01/2004, 7:58 PM
Avondale resumed their under age training tonight after the break.

It was great to see so many City jerseys on the kids ( and there were a lot of kids there tonight - I'd say nearly 60-65 in total ) ..... there were even some of the new home shirts on view.

Surprisingly they were the most popular on view ....... even more than ManUre believe it or not.........!

I thought the new home jersey looked good - it's growing on me.

adamcarr
09/01/2004, 10:07 PM
around 3 months ago george and john trained with the avondale youngsters

dcnags
09/01/2004, 10:28 PM
i was there that night, georgie was with 1 team for a while, ran rings around the younger fellas a couple of times, they all seemed to know who georgie and flynny were alright and they even had time to sign autographs, and casts!!

Sound lads i'd say, especially in the middle of flynnys injury and all, he took the time to go out.I also heard it was meant to be dolan but he couldn't make it so he sent the lads but dunno about that.

DolansWaistcoat
11/01/2004, 11:33 AM
It's good to see lots of City jerseys around the place especially on the young fellas and a few young wans aswell.

I still think the jersey is an eye sore though.:eek:

jofyisgod
11/01/2004, 2:05 PM
John and George are both very sound, and a credit to the club. It's great to see the shirts about, a lot better than the usual ManUre shirts, etc. All free publicity.

Wearing them on holiday or abroad is a great thing to do, as so many people ask you about them, and then go on Citynet, etc, and promise to go if they're ever in Cork,etc. AND, you might get in 'Where's me shirt?'!!:D

A face
11/01/2004, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by jofyisgod
'Where's me shirt?'!!:D

Or Wheres Me Jumper !!

derm
12/01/2004, 7:30 AM
Plus putting in de effort with youngsters now will pay dividends later on. Newcastle Utd have been doing this for years, and they enjoy great local support despite what happens on de field.

evan_h
12/01/2004, 7:33 AM
Save yourself 10 euro by popping into Champion sports, they sell the shirt for the bargain price of 45 euro. Shameless plug for my employers there

GavinZac
12/01/2004, 1:24 PM
isnt that nice of champion sports that after a good 4/5 years of being open they finally stock a city jersey?

fvck off. dublin ba$tards.

NorthoftheLee
12/01/2004, 3:10 PM
Have to agrre with GavinZac there...!! but I suppose better late than never....its an improvement on all that Waaaa gear they sell......

jofyisgod
12/01/2004, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by xtreme rebel
I guess that wasn't the complete jersey on the day it was launched.

F*cking well hope not. It looked like one of those jumper/coat things dogs wear in winter.

evan_h
13/01/2004, 7:47 AM
Gavin Zac, Champion sports managing director is a Cork man. I began working for them a couple of months ago and since then I've been telling them to get in the city shirts. Unfortunately due to deals that O Neills have wi other sports retailers in Cork, we only received them last wk. Still if u'd rather spend 55 euro rather than 45 feel free, no skin off my nose. Jus thought that ppl might like to save the 10euro and spend it on entry to the Cross.

GavinZac
13/01/2004, 8:16 AM
Originally posted by evan_h
Gavin Zac, Champion sports managing director is a Cork man. I began working for them a couple of months ago and since then I've been telling them to get in the city shirts. Unfortunately due to deals that O Neills have wi other sports retailers in Cork, we only received them last wk. Still if u'd rather spend 55 euro rather than 45 feel free, no skin off my nose. Jus thought that ppl might like to save the 10euro and spend it on entry to the Cross.

or buy it from the club shop and give the money to the club and not a dublin business who've never supported cork city. and it really doesnt matter who there managing director is, they are a dublin business and their store down here is an after thought. they had dublin and meath gaa jerseys and no city.

Shed End John
13/01/2004, 8:56 AM
Originally posted by GavinZac
they had dublin and meath gaa jerseys and no city.

Hell, that place even has Leinster rugby (w***ers) shirts for sale here in a proud European stronghold of the game noted for its teams fighting spirit.

Éanna
13/01/2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by GavinZac
or buy it from the club shop and give the money to the club and not a dublin business who've never supported cork city. and it really doesnt matter who there managing director is, they are a dublin business and their store down here is an after thought. they had dublin and meath gaa jerseys and no city.
I think people should try to buy it from the club where possible. The more money going straight to the club, the better.

Originally posted by Shed End John
Hell, that place even has Leinster rugby (w***ers) shirts for sale here in a proud European stronghold of the game noted for its teams fighting spirit.
We were talking about Cork John, not Limerick, and that fighting spirit needed the Emergency Response Unit to deal with it :D

Eric
13/01/2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Limerick, and that fighting spirit needed the Emergency Response Unit to deal with it :D

Leaving no overtime available for me!!!!!:(

Personally I think the away jersey looked very nice in the pictures from the launch. It's far better than the home one anyway. Hope they don't change it too much