PDA

View Full Version : Waterford Game.

Lamper.sffc
20/05/2009, 12:22 PM
These games are very important especially at home. We need a win here. Its time our team started making a dent in this league. 1st phase is over and a decent start was made. Time we pushed on now. With the players we have we should walk this league but we havnt always played to our potential. Now we have to start.

Fingal Fan
20/05/2009, 4:35 PM
For the amount of possession we have in games we are not scoring enough goals especially at home . In 7 homes games this season between league and cup we have only scored 7 goals . This will not get us promoted . The Limerick game a classic example , we dominated start to finish , couldnt take the chances . When we did finally score we concede a silly free kick on the edge of the box and concede . If we had taken our chances in that game we could have won 5-1 .

Lamper.sffc
21/05/2009, 11:28 AM
For the amount of possession we have in games we are not scoring enough goals especially at home . In 7 homes games this season between league and cup we have only scored 7 goals . This will not get us promoted . The Limerick game a classic example , we dominated start to finish , couldnt take the chances . When we did finally score we concede a silly free kick on the edge of the box and concede . If we had taken our chances in that game we could have won 5-1 .

Our pitch is quite small compared to some so if a team plays it tight in midfield and at the back we find it hard to break them down. I would prefare if we played with a 4-4-2 formation at home at least. Open the game up a bit with conan and kirby on the wings swapping over every so often. We need to use every bit of that pitch to spread teams out. At the moment we are just coming through the middle and if we do get it wide there isnt enough in the box sometimes because one of the the attacking three is the one crossing.

Lamper.sffc
22/05/2009, 9:28 AM
Robbie Doyle, Shaun Maher, Stephen Paisley, Gary O’Neil, Daniel Corcoran miss tonights game due to injury. Philip Byrne is also struggling while Robert Bayly is suspended.

Eamon Zayed is back after injury.

DmanDmythDledge
22/05/2009, 4:42 PM
How games has Paisley played this season? Would make a huge difference to your team.

Lamper.sffc
22/05/2009, 10:39 PM
How games has Paisley played this season? Would make a huge difference to your team.

Firstly may I just say:o:(:mad:

I think its about 2 to 3 games in total.

We where so bad tonight. Defensively we where brutal. I know we are missing players but still. We couldnt string 3 passes together and half the team didnt look bothered and can someone please explain to me why Zayed was the wide man of an attacking 3.

Waterford totally deserved the win. The waterford team looked the more hungry and where faster to every ball. The best team we have faced in the league so far.

Fingal Fan
23/05/2009, 3:47 PM
Waterford were superb last night and gave us a lesson in how to score goals . We are simply not creating enough chances or scoring enough goals from the possession we have . This defeat will hopefully work in our favour if it enables the Management to face up to this problem . I couldnt make head nor tail of how the team was set up last night . This was in contrast to Waterford who game with a plan , stuck to it and all the players seemed to know what they were about . Why was our best goalscorer - Eamon Zayed - playing wide left ? . Why were the fullbacks not going forward ?. Why is Liam Buckley so reluctant to make changes ? . The Waterford 3rd goal was on the cards long before it finally did come .

blue til i die
23/05/2009, 8:39 PM
delighted with the result, we played some gud stuff. Kiely's volley and Cummins' header were top class. Still a long way to go though!

Lamper.sffc
24/05/2009, 12:37 PM
delighted with the result, we played some gud stuff. Kiely's volley and Cummins' header were top class. Still a long way to go though!

A little longer for us.

Like said above. Couldnt understand our tactics. Its not like Zayed is going to rampage up and down the wing. Why was Gaynor played centre instead of Zayed. I havnt been impressed with Gaynor in any match yet.