PDA

View Full Version : Showgrounds capacity set at 2,700 For Europe

Pages : 1 [2]

Guts&Glory
21/05/2009, 12:48 PM
i agree season ticket holders have to be looked after first

I would have to say I hope the BORST, Forza Rovers and Dublin Supporters club get a hearing from the club also for their members.

Guts&Glory
21/05/2009, 12:51 PM
Ya id have to agree with that, I think for the 1st game we play that 2700 should be ok but if we were to get through the 1st round is when youll see the barstoolers and bandwagon jumpers for the 2nd round against what could be a decent team.
That Nantes game easily my favourite game in the showgrounds,Lee Thew if ye remember him with an equaliser with a couple of minutes to go......what a feeling:):)

My fave would be the Brugge game at home under the lights, TV cameras, great buzz.........

CarrickFan
21/05/2009, 12:54 PM
i would imagine BORST,FORZA etc would mostly be season ticket holders anyway?

celticV3
21/05/2009, 1:24 PM
Has there been anything made clear yet in regards ticket allocation? Is there definitely preference to season tickets holders?

avvenalaf
21/05/2009, 3:30 PM
Arrah, lads, slow down - we'll be lucky to get 2000 at the game.

1st time post
22/05/2009, 12:44 PM
My fave would be the Brugge game at home under the lights, TV cameras, great buzz.........

ya in fairness that game and the floriana game the same year probably the best atmospheres ive ever experienced in showgrounds but that finish to that game and the fact that i was lucky enough to be one of the 750 approx that seen that whole game:):)
In fact at a time when all loi teams were struggling i dont think we got the recognition we deserved for drawing with a french and dutch team in the same year all be it in a 3rd rate competition. If that was happening now we would be hearing the usual great nite for the league etc but rarely do these games ever get a mention!!!we could have won the 1st game against heerenveen too i remember Ian Gilzean had a great chance very late on and obviously the nantes game was exceptional!!

celticV3
22/05/2009, 4:47 PM
ya in fairness that game and the floriana game the same year probably the best atmospheres ive ever experienced in showgrounds but that finish to that game and the fact that i was lucky enough to be one of the 750 approx that seen that whole game:):)
In fact at a time when all loi teams were struggling i dont think we got the recognition we deserved for drawing with a french and dutch team in the same year all be it in a 3rd rate competition. If that was happening now we would be hearing the usual great nite for the league etc but rarely do these games ever get a mention!!!we could have won the 1st game against heerenveen too i remember Ian Gilzean had a great chance very late on and obviously the nantes game was exceptional!!

Just hoping us young whipper snappers will have stories like yee old timers after july:D

red bellied
26/05/2009, 4:38 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/763/1/

Sligo Rovers has announced that match tickets for their Europa League game in July will go on sale this week, but warned that there may not be enough tickets to meet the demand.

PRICES

Adult tickets will be €20

Students/OAP/Unwaged €15 (On presentation of ID at turnstile)

Children under 12 €5 (Must be accompanied by an adult)

Prices are fair enough.

Rovers1
26/05/2009, 4:53 PM
I'm getting that same "Unsafe Website" messagw RB, does it say where we can get them?

red bellied
26/05/2009, 5:00 PM
Sligo Rovers has announced that match tickets for their Europa League game in July will go on sale this week, but warned that there may not be enough tickets to meet the demand.

Limited ground capacity to increase demand for tickets

UEFA criteria for hosting the game in the Showgrounds do not permit standing spectators in the ground, which means that capacity is limited to the two stands. According to Sligo Rovers Chairman Dermot Kelly ‘The reality is that the attendance for the Europa League game is restricted to 2,700, and we are left with the responsibility of issuing the tickets in as fair and equitable manner as possible.’

Accordingly the Management Committee has decided to release the tickets for sale on a phased basis; The first series of tickets will shortly be offered for sale to shareholders, season ticket holders, 400 club members and Johnny Chadda Fund Members.

The Chairman confirmed that the balance of the tickets will then be placed on sale to other supporters at the Derry City game on Friday 5th June. In the unlikely event of tickets being available after this date, they will be placed in the usual outlets around the town and county.

‘Given that the draw is on June 22nd in Geneva, and our games will be played on July 2nd and 9th, the limited time to make travel arrangements will impose a serious financial burden on the club. However we believe every supporter should have a chance of seeing Sligo Rovers play in Europe, and especially in the current economic climate, we decided it was only fair to our supporters to set a charge for the European game as close as possible to the regular admission price. It has been some time since European football graced the Showgrounds. Everyone wants to be there on what will be a special night for Sligo Rovers, but unfortunately we have to stay within the assigned capacity.’

PRICES

For further information, contact the Showgrounds Office between 10.00am and 2.00pm at 071 9171212, or phone Frank Beirne at 086 1657515

Special jersey promotion

Jako Sports in association with Sligo Rovers are offering a very special deal to coincide with the Club’s return to European Football. Anyone presenting their Europa League Match ticket at Jako Sports will receive a 10% reduction off the price of a Rovers jersey.

Rovers Maniac
26/05/2009, 5:49 PM
€20 is a fair price, lets hope we get somewhere decent for the away league now.

srfc1928
26/05/2009, 10:15 PM
good decision by the club to keep the cost of tickets at reasonable prices

Guts&Glory
27/05/2009, 12:38 PM

Limited ground capacity to increase demand for tickets

Accordingly the Management Committee has decided to release the tickets for sale on a phased basis; The first series of tickets will shortly be offered for sale to shareholders, season ticket holders, 400 club members and Johnny Chadda Fund Members.

The Chairman confirmed that the balance of the tickets will then be placed on sale to other supporters at the Derry City game on Friday 5th June. In the unlikely event of tickets being available after this date, they will be placed in the usual outlets around the town and county.

PRICES

For further information, contact the Showgrounds Office between 10.00am and 2.00pm at 071 9171212, or phone Frank Beirne at 086 1657515

Special jersey promotion

Jako Sports in association with Sligo Rovers are offering a very special deal to coincide with the Club’s return to European Football. Anyone presenting their Europa League Match ticket at Jako Sports will receive a 10% reduction off the price of a Rovers jersey.

I would hope that the club limit the number of tickets season ticket holders etc can buy to 2 per person.

Anything else (6 per person or unlimited per person) and I fear that any general release allocation may be wittled away to little or nothing.

I presume the club have something along limited number per person in place - or should I say I hope!!

Dodge
27/05/2009, 12:48 PM
‘Given that the draw is on June 22nd in Geneva, and our games will be played on July 2nd and 9th, the limited time to make travel arrangements will impose a serious financial burden on the club. .

Just on this, there is serious prize money from UEFA, which can be drawn down before hand from the FAI, to help pay for this. I think it was about 70k per round last year

The Midget Gem
30/05/2009, 10:03 PM
Hi lads just wondering whats the story with the tickets? I seen on another thread 100 have been sold already. I know they are on sale for Season ticket holders at the minute and i have a season ticket so just wondering were did ye get yours so i can get my hand on a few.

Red&White Rover
30/05/2009, 10:29 PM
Apparently a few people who aren't season ticket holders have got some already, as I've heard of 2 anyway...:s

Don't shoot the messenger...

forza rovers
31/05/2009, 5:45 PM
office in the showgrounds also their dos not seem to be a limit on how many you can buy

red bellied
01/06/2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/F...fs/gnid-55300/

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has announced that five referees will be used during the first ever Europa League campaign next season.

A principal referee will still be in charge, as well as two linesmen, but the big news is that Uefa and Fifa have decided to put two more officials behind each goal during the entire competition.

The addition of two officials will help the man in black to have two more eyes on each penalty area and will make his task easier.

This new measure is a test and could become general in the close future if it proves fruitful and improves the game.

“In agreement with Michel Platini and Uefa, we have decided that Uefa will test this new measure during the Europa League, not only during group stages but until the end [of the competition],” Blatter said.

Probably wont be in use for qualifying games but havent seen confirmation anywhere yet.

sligoman
01/06/2009, 12:44 PM
So the 4th official will now be the 6th official?

Rory H
01/06/2009, 12:46 PM
So the 4th official will now be the 6th official?

Deering could wear a 6 on his referrees jacket....followed by another 6....... and one final 6.

:)

Rovers1
01/06/2009, 1:52 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this is set up.

Guts&Glory
01/06/2009, 10:06 PM
office in the showgrounds also their dos not seem to be a limit on how many you can buy

If the tickets stories are true it is amazing how the club manage to contradict themselves so quickly after a press release.

Have mine in the bag anyway and Credit card at the ready for the draw for the away leg lads!!

sligoman
01/06/2009, 10:26 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this is set up.Two goals, put a ref behind each one I'd imagine;)

Rory H
01/06/2009, 10:26 PM
If the tickets stories are true it is amazing how the club manage to contradict themselves so quickly after a press release.

Have mine in the bag anyway and Credit card at the ready for the draw for the away leg lads!!

Can we all use your credit card?! :)

Rovers Maniac
01/06/2009, 10:34 PM
Can we all use your credit card?! :)

If that fails should we try something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXjRFAtOu7Y&feature=related :)

Rovers1
01/06/2009, 10:37 PM
Two goals, put a ref behind each one I'd imagine;)

Seriously!?:eek: your mental..