PDA

View Full Version : City players in the champs team.

DolansWaistcoat
09/01/2004, 2:51 PM
Myself and my buddy were talking about Cork City players who would be good enough to get into the shels first team all the time and we both came up with only 4 who would definately make the Champions team.

Flynny
Georgie
Hoggie
D Murray

Doyler,Colin T,Billy,Kearney,Fenn and Greg all got honurable mentions but we both agreed that the 4 boys are our only top class players.Hopfully next year the whole City squad will be good enough to be in the shels side if we can win the title.

adamcarr
09/01/2004, 6:13 PM
what is so great bout shels. they only beat us once in the league this year and robbed 4 points from us on their visits to the cross. :ball: :mad: :cool:

Gary
09/01/2004, 6:53 PM
I would disagree only with D Murray there. he is good, but there are far better at the moment. He will in a few yrs. People have to remember he is only 21! Put Benno back next to him and he will shine again.

I think SuperKev would walk into any team in the country, ditto George, Flynn and Hoggie would certainly be in the 1st team squad. We will have to wait and see what Fenn can deliver

jofyisgod
09/01/2004, 7:30 PM
Originally posted by adamcarr
what is so great bout shels

Well... they are the champions. They have set the bar for the other teams. Hopefully we can reach, and beat it next season,
C'MON CITY!

niamh
10/01/2004, 1:05 PM
Shels played rubbish football most of the time. The odd time City were on form and at their peak, they were the better team.

Gary
10/01/2004, 1:20 PM
It dont matter that tyey didnt play a great brand of football. The fact is, they played winning football. And in football, the end justifies the means.

I know Id settle for City playing drab crap, if we were to be celebrating a league championship come November. Obviously Id prefer if we played swashbuckling attacking, total football, but every team has to cut its cloth according to its measure.

niamh
10/01/2004, 1:23 PM
I honestly think had City or Bohs or Pats or Rovers been more consistant last season then a different club would have won the league. All I am saying is that on their day City could have taken Shels last season.

patsh
10/01/2004, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by niamh
I honestly think had City or Bohs or Pats or Rovers been more consistant last season then a different club would have won the league. All I am saying is that on their day City could have taken Shels last season.
Definitely. It's probably useless to talk about ifs and buts, but if John had stayed fit for the whole season, he would surely have been worth at least 12 points more to us, and there were 2 games against $hels which we should have won.
One goal from him in each of the home draws against Waterford, Longford, $hels, Rovers and the away games against UCD and $hels would not have been beyond him. Given that he had scored 14 goals at the half way point of the season, 24-26 would have been a realistic return. Enough to win the league...;)

Soko
10/01/2004, 8:25 PM
Originally posted by DolansWaistcoat
Hoggie

LOL!!!!

DolansWaistcoat
11/01/2004, 11:43 AM
Whats so funny about Hoggie.He has been Citys most consistent player for the last few seasons,never puts a foot wrong,defends well and gets forward well and can play equally well at right back or left.He scores a few great goals from time to time too. He's one of the best full backs in the country if not THE best.

Laugh out load all ya want ya Dumba**.

jofyisgod
11/01/2004, 2:10 PM
Hoggie would walk into most teams. Mr. Consistent, a silent hero.

Éanna
11/01/2004, 7:48 PM
Originally posted by Soko
LOL!!!!
whats funny? the guy is the best full-back in the country apart from Owen "thug" Heary,and will be a legend in years to come

Colm
11/01/2004, 8:28 PM
Yeah, Hoggy is an outstanding full back and would probably get into any team in this league, to say otherwise is just plain stupid.
IMO, he was second only to George as our player of last season.

niamh
11/01/2004, 10:10 PM
The Denis Irwin of Cork City. Consistant and goes unnoticed until the rare occasion he makes a mistake.

DolansWaistcoat
12/01/2004, 7:24 AM
And RARE is definately the main word here when it comes to him making mistakes,Hoggie is the main man at City ask Dolan who he'd have in the team instead of him and he'd say no one else.Like miss fergie at manure would give anything to have dinny Irwin back and 10 years younger again.

Maybe Dolan would have Roberto Carlos,but his free taking has gone to the dogs since Beckham arrived so we'll stick with Hoggie.;) :D

pete
12/01/2004, 9:19 AM
How many shel$ players would get into the city team now?

Shel$ have a good defense & enough forwards to keep scoring goals. With Fenn coming in & cos O'flynn was injured will be like city starting the season with 2 new forwards!

Soko
12/01/2004, 4:39 PM
He's prbably good enough to get into Shels side bit I'd prefer a better quality full back. Too often he just lumps it aimlessy forward without looking at other options. He certainly has improved markingy but hes still not as good as some as say, just my opinion

DolansWaistcoat
15/01/2004, 10:42 AM
Who's better than Hoggy so,if he's good enough for shels,who are the champians then he must be better than the vast majority of eircom league full backs,thats my feckin point,Soko biy.:eek: :p