PDA

View Full Version : O'Grady to sign for Derry

MariborKev
09/01/2004, 9:21 AM
Word up here is that we will be signing O'Grady in the next day or two

Éanna
09/01/2004, 9:23 AM
Handy player. He had a great first season with us, but never shook off the injury he got. I'd have liked to have seen us hang onto him as a squad player, but IMO he'll do a good job for ye.

Derry now becoming City rejects XI ;)

patsh
09/01/2004, 10:17 AM
Its sad to see Conor gone. He was surely worth a place in the squad, particularly given that Nwanko is so unproven.
He'll probably score a hat trick against us this season...:(

DolansWaistcoat
09/01/2004, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't like to see Conor going either.We have a series lack of Quality centre midfield players.It looks like George will definately be playing there so at the start of next season,behind Flynny and Fenny.

MariborKev
09/01/2004, 10:52 AM
Where did he mostly play when he was with you lot?

I remember him scoring the belter in 1-1 drawn game last year and playing in the middle and or the right

Éanna
09/01/2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Maribor
Where did he mostly play when he was with you lot?

I remember him scoring the belter in 1-1 drawn game last year and playing in the middle and or the right
yeah, that was a cracker alright. He nearly always played centre-mid, got stuck out on the right a couple of times but he was always pretty anonoymous when he was. good player to get stuck in and roll up the sleeves

DolansWaistcoat
09/01/2004, 10:59 AM
Ya he'd be a good signing for ye all right.

I just hope Dolan has a few centre midfielders up his xxl sleeve that he's gonna bring in.

niamh
09/01/2004, 11:38 AM
He seemed even to get a bit of form for a few of the games this season, but has never really got a decent injury free run in the team to get going properly again.

I'm also hoping that Pat knows something about new midfielders that we don't because otherwise we'll be pretty short.

derm
09/01/2004, 2:29 PM
Wish him all de best (cept against us ;) )

Never really got back de form he had, but still capable of doing de job as it is. Handy signing for Derry, and if he gets back to his best it could be a really good signing.

jofyisgod
09/01/2004, 7:18 PM
Well, maybe Pat is selling COG to make room for a new CM?
Please God.
He's a good player, just unlucky with his form. If he improved that, well, he'd be a great player. Shame he's going.

MariborKev
13/01/2004, 2:32 PM
Signed a two year deal

jofyisgod
13/01/2004, 5:17 PM
O'Grady complete Derry switch

13/01/2004 - 4:33:27 PM

Derry City have completed the signing of Cork City midfielder Conor O'Grady.

The Sligo native has signed a two-year-deal with Derry, having spent the last two seasons with City. The 23-year-old has previously won international caps with the Ireland U18 and U21 sides.

O'Grady was contracted to the Rebel Army until March, so the Candystripes have had to pay a nominal fee in order to see the midfielder available for the start of the season in March.

Sounds quite good. Hopefully the 'nominal fee' will go towards a new midfielder.

NorthoftheLee
14/01/2004, 8:25 AM
Best of luck to him!

paudie
14/01/2004, 12:59 PM
Good luck to Conor. He never seemed to fully regain his confidence after his injury.

This could be a sign that Lennox isn't willing to fund a big squad - Fenn and Nwankwo have come in so Grady has to leave.

Whether thats a good thing or not is another matter.

Neil
14/01/2004, 1:08 PM
Best of luck to Conor.

Was outstanding before his injury.
Was useless after it!

jofyisgod
14/01/2004, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by Neil

Was outstanding before his injury.
Was useless after it!

You've hit the nail on the head there Neil. Good luck to him. He'll do well for them i should think.

Éanna
16/01/2004, 1:11 PM
best of luck to him. he had some excellent games for us.

Neil
20/01/2004, 6:51 PM
http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=16158

SÓC
21/01/2004, 8:55 AM
Derry could have made the signing of the season if O'Grady plays like he did in his first season.

It's great to see a player move on from the club and not go the Rennie line talking crap just to get the home fans onside.

He deserves a good reception when he comes back.