PDA

View Full Version : M.N.S. 18th May

Iorfa2MaccaJim
18/05/2009, 5:11 PM
As usual M.N.S. is on tonight at 8pm on RTE 2.

Mr A
18/05/2009, 5:21 PM
Word on the Cork forum is that Tom Coughlan will be on the programme tonight.

niallsparky
18/05/2009, 6:54 PM
Don't know about Coughlan but Keith Fahey will be on the couch.

A face
18/05/2009, 7:01 PM
Word on the Cork forum is that Tom Coughlan will be on the programme tonight.

Oh dear, i hope this is ok :o

Dunny
18/05/2009, 7:17 PM
He's on now.

centre mid
18/05/2009, 7:21 PM
A fair grilling by Con, I suppose there are no real answers until next week.

Mr A
18/05/2009, 7:24 PM
He could have asked him about the comments from the examiner, but the interview was too short to really grill the guy. Also, the panelists appeared to know feck all about the situation.

gael353
18/05/2009, 7:25 PM
con started in asking him the big question, what about paying the tax man then withdrew (possibly got a nudge) and said good luck tom.

OneRedArmy
18/05/2009, 7:29 PM
Declan Hanney fuppin muppet.

niallsparky
18/05/2009, 7:29 PM
Coughlan certainly didn't look too comfortable there.

Candystripe
18/05/2009, 8:01 PM
WTF..how was the Derry goal disallowed?

Amazingly bad decision as per normal.

That had to be the save of the season from Dan Connor as well.

peadar1987
18/05/2009, 9:17 PM
I preferred Skippy's save from the first game of the season (http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2504234.smil) against Shams, but then again, I would!

What do people think about the way matches are presented on MNS? Personally I'd like to see a bit more buildup play before the goals, and maybe have more video during the analysis instead of just looking at the presenters. Ideally I'd prefer to have commentary on each game instead of just the voice-over, would having 5 separate commentators be too expensive though? Little quibbles aside though, I actually really like the show. Well done RTÉ

And have Sligo set a new record for the most balls thrown at a player on thunderstrike?!

niallsparky
18/05/2009, 9:20 PM
I preferred Skippy's save from the first game of the season (http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2504234.smil) against Shams, but then again, I would!

What do people think about the way matches are presented on MNS? Personally I'd like to see a bit more buildup play before the goals, and maybe have more video during the analysis instead of just looking at the presenters. Ideally I'd prefer to have commentary on each game instead of just the voice-over, would having 5 separate commentators be too expensive though? Little quibbles aside though, I actually really like the show. Well done RTÉ

And have Sligo set a new record for the most balls thrown at a player on thunderstrike?!

You should pass your suggestions on to MNS in an email. New ideas and opinions are what the show needs. mns@rte.ie

Dunny
18/05/2009, 9:23 PM
How the hell Chris Turner got those yellow cards I will never know. Well done Mr McKeon you ****.

sonofstan
18/05/2009, 9:41 PM

!

It's down to quality of the footage I expect: most of the time its from one video camera done by the club cameraman, so one angle, and if you slow it down, the poor quality becomes really noticeable. Like the Derry 'goal' for example: there was only one angle available so it was impossible to know if it was offside or not.

MeathDrog
18/05/2009, 9:59 PM
How the hell Chris Turner got those yellow cards I will never know. Well done Mr McKeon you ****.
You are joking?

Conroy
18/05/2009, 10:04 PM
Why would he be joking? He should not have got 1 yellow never mind two.

Dunny
18/05/2009, 10:04 PM
You are joking?

Not sure about the first yellow but it didn't look like a foul. He got booked for a handball for the second yellow when he headed it.

peadar1987
18/05/2009, 10:37 PM
It's down to quality of the footage I expect: most of the time its from one video camera done by the club cameraman, so one angle, and if you slow it down, the poor quality becomes really noticeable. Like the Derry 'goal' for example: there was only one angle available so it was impossible to know if it was offside or not.

Good point. I wonder how much it costs to get a few extra cameras? Do you think it would be worth it for the amount of times they would be used?

Dunny
18/05/2009, 10:48 PM
I'm sure they have the cameras but won't bother to send them. If you ever watch a Bogball match there is any amount of cameras.

Sheridan
18/05/2009, 10:53 PM
It's a bit rich of MNS to be so sniffy about clubs'-own footage when the audio quality of their own interviews is nowhere near broadcast standard.

A face
18/05/2009, 10:55 PM
Not as bad as i thought it might be. I like the fact that Con grilled him a fair bit and he still looked good to be fair

WoodquayBoy
18/05/2009, 11:05 PM
Harsh sending off for Turner, whatever about the first one being a foul, it certainly was not a booking. Looking at footage, and without comments afterwards (that it was for handball) I though he was booked for leading with his arm. Yet another display of inept officiating, very harsh on him

monzo
18/05/2009, 11:10 PM
Anyone else find the constant ass licking of Keith Fahey a bit cringe worthy?

MickNolan
19/05/2009, 12:47 AM
Yup.. was getting sick of it at the end..

stann
19/05/2009, 12:59 AM
Cheers Con! ;) :D

razor
19/05/2009, 8:10 AM
Not as bad as i thought it might be. I like the fact that Con grilled him a fair bit and he still looked good to be fairThings are "more than dandy".

mandrake
19/05/2009, 8:25 AM
Not sure about the first yellow but it didn't look like a foul. He got booked for a handball for the second yellow when he headed it.

tough ;)
but hey you have to remember EVERYONE is against you ...

but thanks for all the fans coming down, its was a great atmosphere... its a long time since we played in utd park 98 i think...

Duggie
19/05/2009, 8:28 AM

ya a bit but in fairness he deserves it, the boy has done good as they say. yer man coughlan sounded a bit iffy at times. it sounded to me like it was a case of we will try and save the club. didnt sound to certain or sure. fair play to him for coming on though.

centre mid
19/05/2009, 8:31 AM
Interesting contrast between rte's coverage of different sports, I watched most of the sunday game and the production levels are far higher on it than mns, there was two fairly poor games on the weekend but the coverage they got was imeasurably better than what even the rovers v bohs game.

Duggie
19/05/2009, 8:57 AM
even though thunderstrike is a sh1t game its funny when they come up to the camera and introduce themselves. :D

ndrog
19/05/2009, 9:38 AM

Thats what your manager gets for running his big fat mouth :D " all out to get you "

Dunny
19/05/2009, 9:46 AM
Thats what your manager gets for running his big fat mouth :D " all out to get you "
You basically repeated what Mandrake said...well done:p

Ian Ryan nearly scored a great goal for us. Still a Lilywhite!;)

gufc2000
19/05/2009, 9:49 AM
3 lovely goals in Terryland, don't know how Bray didn't get a goal in that goalmouth scramble at the start of the second half

Ezeikial
19/05/2009, 10:31 AM

I see that you have bought into Sean Connor's conspiracy theory

Black and White
19/05/2009, 11:02 AM
even though thunderstrike is a sh1t game its funny when they come up to the camera and introduce themselves. :D

Something liek this should be done indoors, Bohs lads are all out on top as they ahd the wind behind them, think it was bray who ahd wind facing them, same with the Sligo lads. It leads to inept results!

BohDiddley
19/05/2009, 11:20 AM
Something liek this should be done indoors, Bohs lads are all out on top as they ahd the wind behind them, think it was bray who ahd wind facing them, same with the Sligo lads. It leads to inept results!
You forgot to mention the big pro-Dub conspiracy there too. Even Thunderyoke isn't immune!

seand
19/05/2009, 11:37 AM
You forgot to mention the big pro-Dub conspiracy there too. Even Thunderyoke isn't immune!

If only somebody in Sligo was clever enough to realise that if you're kicking into the wind shooting into one goal, the wind will be behind you at the other end! Rookie error!

peadar1987
19/05/2009, 12:55 PM
If only somebody in Sligo was clever enough to realise that if you're kicking into the wind shooting into one goal, the wind will be behind you at the other end! Rookie error!

I thought about that as well. I'd say the cameraman probably wanted Ben Bulben in the background. Just to show they were in Sligo.

oriel
19/05/2009, 12:59 PM
3 lovely goals in Terryland, don't know how Bray didn't get a goal in that goalmouth scramble at the start of the second half

Yep - was thinking that myself, great finishes for each goal, really impressive, played some good stuff too - hands off our mid table aspirations :D

WoodquayBoy
19/05/2009, 2:26 PM
its funny when they come up to the camera and introduce themselves. :D
You know, it really isn't to be honest

Redie
19/05/2009, 4:08 PM

Ya. And did you see how the wind was blowing all those balls into the path of the players taking their shots.

Rocky77
19/05/2009, 4:23 PM

How could you tell?

celticV3
19/05/2009, 5:09 PM
I have a terrible feeling your being serious:o

Mr A
19/05/2009, 5:15 PM
If they were really clever they'd kick the ball downhill.