PDA

View Full Version : Another departure

pineapple stu
08/01/2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by me -

How's Gav Whelan? Any more news on the Swedish wan?!

Talk about jinxing someone! Gavin Whelan has signed for Dwoheda, according to their website. Roll on next season when Doolo can crash and burn...:mad: :mad:

We're getting seriously short of a midfield at this stage - only Gaffney, McDonnell and Micko left! Might well need that Marseille winger after all!

Still no news on the three outside signings Pete Mahon was looking at?

pineapple stu
08/01/2004, 12:59 PM
They've also signed David Sullivan - that lad who played for us in the friendly in Bray in July before heading out to the US.

Schumi
08/01/2004, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
They've also signed David Sullivan - that lad who played for us in the friendly in Bray in July before heading out to the US. Thank god for that, I was afraid that Aertel had mis-spelled Pat Sullivan's name!

CollegeTillIDie
08/01/2004, 4:09 PM
Before we go castigating the lad bear two things in mind.

1/ He lives in Drogheda. Commuting from there to Belfield must have been nightmareish.

2/ His Dad manages non-League Drogheda Town last I heard.
By the way if Doolo gets the sack at United Paul Whelan might be a good outside bet to succeed him .

Declan

pineapple stu
08/01/2004, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by CollegeTillIDie
1/ He lives in Drogheda. Commuting from there to Belfield must have been nightmareish.

Hmmm...problem = living in Drogheda and working in Dublin.

Solution 1 - work in Drogheda as well!
Solution 2 - move into a flat on res.

I wonder which would be the obvious choice!

CollegeTillIDie
08/01/2004, 4:40 PM
he might miss his Mammy too much though

pineapple stu
08/01/2004, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by CollegeTillIDie
he might miss his Mammy too much though

Not if can persuade that nice Swedish bird to move in with him!:D :eek: :D

CollegeTillIDie
08/01/2004, 4:44 PM
Sweden came runner-up in the recent Women's World Cup. And a lot of Swedish women play the game so maybe we can get her to turn out for College's Ladies, in the summer

pineapple stu
09/01/2004, 12:51 PM
Swedish girlfriend?

Swedish drunken five-minute-stand more like!

Schumi
09/01/2004, 12:59 PM
What's this Swedish thing about?

John83
09/01/2004, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Thank god for that, I was afraid that Aertel had mis-spelled Pat Sullivan's name!
That was my first though too! Though they did it before, in a match report, so maybe it's not so surprising.

pineapple stu
09/01/2004, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
What's this Swedish thing about?

Sure were you not there in the Montrose on the last day of last season when we were talking to Hugh Davey and Gav Whelan? This was the time Gav asked me who I thought would be leaving during the summer, ironically enough...

Anyhoo, Hugh told a lovely story about the pre-season tour in Malta, when Gav met this lovely Swedish bird, well and truly completely drunk, and Mr W took her home and did the business. I would say allegedly, but he was sitting right beside me and didn't deny a word.