PDA

View Full Version : Away to Kildare June 6th

DRDoc
16/05/2009, 3:48 PM
Any word on when this game is going to be played - it clashs with the Irish game

Martinho II
16/05/2009, 5:27 PM
i heard nothing as of yet. Setanta are showing the match live at 8 pm

De Town
16/05/2009, 8:57 PM
Setanta are showing the match live at 8 pm

What match, Kildare v Town?! :o

Martinho II
17/05/2009, 7:05 PM
What match, Kildare v Town?! :o

sorry! :eek: I assume that match would be the friday night as isnt that the nite that they play on? t

DRDoc
24/05/2009, 12:50 AM
sorry! :eek: I assume that match would be the friday night as isnt that the nite that they play on? t

No - KIldare normally play Saturday nights - hence the original question:D

prince20
24/05/2009, 9:23 AM
i heard nothing as of yet. Setanta are showing the match live at 8 pm

Game kicks off at 630pm Irish time.

Martinho II
24/05/2009, 7:15 PM
Game kicks off at 630pm Irish time.

u mean our match against kildare co....?

holidaysong
25/05/2009, 6:52 PM
The Ireland game kicks off at 6.30pm Irish time.

Martinho II
25/05/2009, 7:04 PM
ah fair enough I would assume that the kildare co game would be switched to a friday night so

KildareFan
02/06/2009, 1:16 PM
match is this friday night lads at half 7 in newbridge

any word on who will be your manager for the game?

Martinho II
02/06/2009, 2:59 PM
match is this friday night lads at half 7 in newbridge

any word on who will be your manager for the game?

not as of yet there is a shortlist of three but contrary to rumour Pete Mahon and John Gill arent in the running. Some fellow from the north has applied. We hope to have someone appointed by the end of the week...There was a big meeting out in Flancare late last night as I was driving past the ground..

Longfordian
02/06/2009, 3:51 PM
You'd think you would have pulled in and stuck your ear to the door Marty and find out a few tidbits for us. Heard former Town striker Liam Kelly was interviewed for it but I don't know if he's made the shortlist or not. He was or is managing Glebe North apparently.

Rocky77
02/06/2009, 4:36 PM
You'd think you would have pulled in and stuck your ear to the door Marty and find out a few tidbits for us. Heard former Town striker Liam Kelly was interviewed for it but I don't know if he's made the shortlist or not. He was or is managing Glebe North apparently.

He is in the running as far as I'm aware. He'd be my favourite from what I know, has a very impressive track record on the LSL and would probably know nof a few lads he could bring straight in on low money. His teams always play good football from what I hear.

Town Legend
05/06/2009, 4:04 PM
The only 2 names I heard that are def in for the job is Liam Kelly and Des Cawley and apparently Kelly really wants the job and is the favourite at the minute.

Any ideas on when an announcement will be made?

RonnieB
05/06/2009, 4:44 PM
Here is hoping for a win tonight.

Tallanted
06/06/2009, 12:11 PM
3 points is 3 points but we really robbed them at the end. Poor defensive performance from us. Fennelly looked like an outfield player who was asked to play in goal and didnt want to. Two very poor mistakes from him for there goals. I hope someone from the club has contacted kildare to see has he left the goalline yet! On a plus side michael lee had a smashin game down the left. We were lucky to get 3 points but you take it when you get it. Change urgently needed

RonnieB
06/06/2009, 12:25 PM
Left it late.... vital three points though.

Pauro 76
06/06/2009, 1:49 PM
Jaysis, embarassment averted. Lucky so it seems.

Tallanted
06/06/2009, 3:27 PM
Highlights here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KDOuevyA0c

Martinho II
06/06/2009, 8:20 PM
utter relief is the word. davy byrne deserved to be sent off for his mouthing off. apprently mccartney meant the goal we had a superb view of it. Kildare Co had their chances though.

I heard today there will be a new manager appointed by tuesday. My reading into the news is that it could be a surprise appointment . Liam Kelly was at the match with Stephen McGuinness. I dont think it is Kelly that will get it,

Tallanted
06/06/2009, 8:36 PM
suprise appointments havent worked before. I am not optimistic

KildareFan
06/06/2009, 8:41 PM
[QUOTE=Martinho II;1173426]davy byrne deserved to be sent off for his mouthing off. QUOTE]

Do you know what he said to deserve to be sent off????? I was at the far side of the ground but my first thoughts were confirmed by the highlights above, he doesn't seem aggressive in anyway towards the ref. It was very strange considering the kind of arguing you often see at refs when nothing is done.

[QUOTE=Martinho II;1173426]apprently mccartney meant the goal we QUOTE]

Haha yeah right he did!! I'm sure he said that alright - he would.Terrible goalkeeping, same as the third, i don't think it's much of a stretch to say that if kildare had a keeper, they could have won that game

Tallanted
06/06/2009, 8:45 PM
if thats how you see it then if we had a keeper and yous had a keeper then we would have won 1 nil!

Martinho II
06/06/2009, 8:50 PM
[QUOTE=Martinho II;1173426]davy byrne deserved to be sent off for his mouthing off. QUOTE]

Do you know what he said to deserve to be sent off????? I was at the far side of the ground but my first thoughts were confirmed by the highlights above, he doesn't seem aggressive in anyway towards the ref. It was very strange considering the kind of arguing you often see at refs when nothing is done.

[QUOTE=Martinho II;1173426]apprently mccartney meant the goal we QUOTE]

Haha yeah right he did!! I'm sure he said that alright - he would.Terrible goalkeeping, same as the third, i don't think it's much of a stretch to say that if kildare had a keeper, they could have won that game

I didnt spot it at all to be honest but from lookin at the video again was it not for waving his arms in protest at the ref?

Tallanted
06/06/2009, 9:00 PM
he was sent off for dissent. Its irrelevent what he said. There was no need for him to protest he wasnt even gonna get booked

KildareFan
06/06/2009, 9:43 PM
[QUOTE=KildareFan;1173461][QUOTE=Martinho II;1173426]davy byrne deserved to be sent off for his mouthing off. QUOTE]

I didnt spot it at all to be honest but from lookin at the video again was it not for waving his arms in protest at the ref?

waving your arm at the ref is now a red card?? i just thought it was very minor compared to a lot of complaining that you see going unpunished

Tallanted
06/06/2009, 9:54 PM
his reaction to the red card says it all. He turns to leave the pitch before he even sees the colour. He knew he said somthin bad

Blue Man
07/06/2009, 1:45 AM
Byrne said himself that "the ref had a chip on his shoulder and wanted me off" as i was sitting at the tunnel.

In fairness the referee was terrible at best and in no way did Mc Cartney mean the goal!!!!

Kildareman
07/06/2009, 11:47 AM
The sending off was terribly harsh.
There was a big fella over near the dugouts before kickoff that looked alot like Graham Doyle. Could he be your surprise??

sligoman
07/06/2009, 11:57 AM
Great goal by Jay...even though he didn't mean it. Think it took a deflection just after he hit it?

Tallanted
07/06/2009, 12:29 PM
It didnt no it was just a really bad cross

L.T.F.C.
07/06/2009, 12:47 PM
is this the davy byrne that used to play for us?

De Town
07/06/2009, 1:41 PM
Great goal by Jay...even though he didn't mean it. Think it took a deflection just after he hit it?

Our best player so far this season in my opinion.

Town Legend
07/06/2009, 3:00 PM
is this the davy byrne that used to play for us?

Yeah thats him.

Martinho II
07/06/2009, 7:05 PM
The sending off was terribly harsh.
There was a big fella over near the dugouts before kickoff that looked alot like Graham Doyle. Could he be your surprise??

I am not sure . I thought I saw Liam Kelly at the game with Stephen McGuinness . Hes heavily linked with town job and is currently managing Leinster Senior League Side Glebe North. Ex town favourite Ger Thompson is playing there now with them

Tallanted
08/06/2009, 3:47 PM
This surprise appointment wouldnt be philip coffey by any chance?

Keen2win
08/06/2009, 4:31 PM
Would it be a surprise if we told you?

:D

Tallanted
08/06/2009, 5:11 PM
Wouldnt be a surprise it would just be predictable

Longfordian
08/06/2009, 6:12 PM
Martinho wasn't on about Coffey I believe, it was another name he'd heard somebody with no previous Town connection. I don't know who he heard it from, but it has since been dismissed as a rumour apparently. Doubt Coffey will get it to be honest, haven't heard his name mentioned in the few bits I have heard. It's hard to be very surprised at anything though these days.

Tallanted
08/06/2009, 6:42 PM
We need someone to freshen it up, hopefully we will have good news soon

Frank76
08/06/2009, 7:02 PM
Could your surprise appointment be Jimmy Greene? Word in Athlone is he applied and seems to be highly regarded with his coaching abilities with the board in Longford. But just a word of warning just like Aaron Callaghan he's a great coach but seems a little out of his depth in management.

Martinho II
08/06/2009, 7:10 PM
Could your surprise appointment be Jimmy Greene? Word in Athlone is he applied and seems to be highly regarded with his coaching abilities with the board in Longford. But just a word of warning just like Aaron Callaghan he's a great coach but seems a little out of his depth in management.

no it wasnt jimmy greene I heard paul byrne was going to get it but I have being told hes not getting it. Jimmy Greene didnt he apply for town job before?? whats your opinion of Jimmy Greene hes still involved with Tullamore Town isnt he??

Frank76
08/06/2009, 7:20 PM
He's a good coach but when he went into management with us he just didn't cut it very much like Aaron Callaghan. I do know he applied for it when Callaghan got it. I was chatting to a mate of his yesterday and he told me he had applied for it again and he was asked back again. Apparently there's only 2/3 in the running for it.

Any ideas yourself on who's going to get it?

howsyourtouch
09/06/2009, 1:20 AM
heard from a pretty reliable source that phil coffey didnt even put himself forward,at least he hadnt before the kildare game...

ltfc_2004
09/06/2009, 12:26 PM
I got a text saying its going to be Gareth Cronin ...................