PDA

View Full Version : Sligo on Monday

Rory H
16/05/2009, 1:15 PM
Impressed by the crowd of over 700 in your match with Athlone, that's almost as much as Galway had so not bad.

Do ya reckon ye will put out a full-team? Crowd of about 400 maybe? About 50 of us tops I reckon.

Lamper.sffc
16/05/2009, 1:29 PM
Impressed by the crowd of over 700 in your match with Athlone, that's almost as much as Galway had so not bad.

Do ya reckon ye will put out a full-team? Crowd of about 400 maybe? About 50 of us tops I reckon.

Our crowds are starting to pick up this season thank god. We would have had 350 to 400 for that game last season. We cant put a full team out even in the league. We where missing 6 first team players for the athlone game. Zayed, Williams, Byrne, Maher, Paisley, O neil. Williams was suspended not sure about Zayed and the rest are injured. We have put out descent teams in the cup so far. Maybe only resting 2 or 3 players. So i would expect a fairly descent side out maybe something similar to the athlone game. Hope we dont get any more injuries though. The league is the number one priority.
Id expect the crowd to be at the 3 to 4 hundred mark.
The price of the adult ticket has been dropped to €10 so that might encourage a few more.

Will yous put out a good side? Have you in the previous rounds?

sligoman
16/05/2009, 1:38 PM
Will yous put out a good side? Have you in the previous rounds?We've only had the one game so far, 4-1 Vs. Harps. We had a strong team out then yeah.

Rory H
16/05/2009, 1:40 PM
Yep will put out the best available. We're very stretched because of our squad. Going to be very difficult after a big effort on Friday. Ye may be the First Division side but very much a 50/50 match.

Good idea with the ticket prices.

Lamper.sffc
16/05/2009, 2:53 PM
Good idea with the ticket prices.

Yeah they announced that at last nights game. I was a bit annoyed when Drogheda where charging €15 for our game against them.

We've only had the one game so far, 4-1 Vs. Harps. We had a strong team out then yeah.

Should be interesting. Always good to test ourselves against a club in the top division.

dong
19/05/2009, 12:22 AM
Good game lads on a terrible night and difficult conditions. Thought we were just about worth our win. If ye had taken your chances it could have been a totally different story.

Lamper.sffc
19/05/2009, 12:39 AM
Good game lads on a terrible night and difficult conditions. Thought we were just about worth our win. If ye had taken your chances it could have been a totally different story.

Fair play lads. Congrats on the win. Felt it was a pretty even game myself. Cant believe we missed the pen but hey thats football.

TheBoss
19/05/2009, 12:46 AM
Looking at the lineups in the game, who is 'McConnell-Cook' ?

Lamper.sffc
19/05/2009, 12:48 PM
Looking at the lineups in the game, who is 'McConnell-Cook' ?

Youth player. We have so many injuries at the moment so he was on the bench.