PDA

View Full Version : Game v Mervue United

Youths4Ever
14/05/2009, 8:47 PM
Playing against the new boys of the league. Then seem to be getting some good results but we are on a good run and hopefully three points but won't be an easy game.

David Breen will be a big loss. Gary Sheahan finally off the injured list hopefully he will play some part in the game looking forward to seeing him play.

Sunny Jim
14/05/2009, 9:17 PM
Yeah Breen will be missed alright, not too much hopefully. We've only lost one out of the last nine, hard to believe it's the Youths we're talking about!

The lads looked tired in Monaghan last week on a pitch which was not the best, and I'm not sure Mick got his tactics right that night either. Anyway it's done now and they've had a rest so I'd expect us to beat Mervue narrowly. I'll go for 2-1, but 1-0 will do me. Hopefully Sheahan will live up to the hype.

The Optimist
15/05/2009, 8:49 AM
Looking back on last weeks game in monaghan i think the pitch played a big part in the way the team's tactics were set out.
That pitch was the worst i've ever seen in LOI.It was impossible to play the ball on the ground.Which made for a terrible game.

Tonight will be another test.I expect it to be very tight.
At the moment i would take a draw which would keep our unbeaten run going.

passinginterest
15/05/2009, 9:35 AM
I'd say this will be one of the mosy physical games the lads will play this year. They'll really have to be up for that side of the game. If they go out with the right attidtude I can see the Youths edging a bruising encounter 2-1. Breen will be a big loss at the back, but I think we're strong enough to cope this season.

ForzaForth
15/05/2009, 9:53 PM
Very easy win in Ferrycarrig tonight and should have won by more. Poor performance by Mervue on the night and unable to match Wexford's sharpness around the pitch. Midfield totally dominated by Sinny and Patsy. Breen started and scored a tap-in from a nod-on at a corner in the second half but went off again as in Monaghan with what seems to be a hamstring strain. Had three one-on-ones in the second half but missed them all. Best was to Anto Russell who ran unopposed from half-way but had too much time to think about it and shot tamely at the keeper.

Gary Sheahan came on for about 30 minutes and looked lively but stayed on the last shoulder most of the time and got flagged a few times. Wasn't level with them but the lads further along the stand weren't too happy with the linesman. Gary ran on to one chance but met the keeper on a fifty-fifty who looked to handle it outside the box.

Looking very good now and can look forward to Bohs and next set of 11 matches in the League. Tickets for Bohs match on sale at the game. About 420 at the match I would think.

The Optimist
16/05/2009, 9:25 AM
Excellent performance last night.The score line doesn't do justice to the team,we should have won by at least 3/4 goals.

For me man of the match was pasty malone.He totally dominated midfield througout.