PDA

View Full Version : no student tickets again

rebelnorrie
07/01/2004, 4:23 PM
this student thing is ****ing me off. an under 18 ticket is a schoolboy ticket.normally students mean people in college,i.e over 18.they have forgotten us yet again, some1 needs to get on to dolan/lennox about this.

i know some people like myself come home from scumlin for d home games,not only do we get shaffted up d hole for 40euro train prices but then have to pay 10euro for entry to d cross sometimes for half a game coz of iarann rod eireann delays.

Peadar
07/01/2004, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by rebelnorrie
we get shaffted up d hole for 40euro train prices

The train costs me €51.50 and my tax pays for your train fare as well. Why don't you get some of your buddies to march on the Dail and block up traffic again?
You'll get no sympathy here mate.
I went to college in Dublin so I'm well placed to ignore your winge.

pete
07/01/2004, 5:56 PM
Yeah students don't get thier own drinks price list in pubs in town & I never hear them complain...

thecorner
07/01/2004, 6:25 PM
do they want every fcuking thing at cut price

we work hard all week for our money

y the fcuk should ye get discounts

Estar
07/01/2004, 6:54 PM
I remember a lad from Athy telling me you could get into Terryland for the same price as an OAP if you had a dole card!:D

I think the student reduction would be worth a look at and kept on if successful.

The bigger the crowd, the better for the club.

The one thing bad about Kildare County matches are people getting in at half time for free:eek:

derm
07/01/2004, 7:36 PM
With such a big student population in Cork it would be stupid not to try to exploit it more. Student discounts and advertising in de colleges would be a start. But student discounts would need to guarantee more people thru de turnstiles for it to be worthwhile - hence de advertising.

Hmm, How to attract more students - your thoughts please ...

tiktok
07/01/2004, 7:54 PM
this has been around before. the club should be trying to get students in, we have a huge student population in Cork and offering a student rate is a good way to attract them.

what's better to the club, one hundred students coming in at seven euro a head or thirty coming in at ten euro? the club should be working much harder at attracting college students (many of whom come from areas where there are no EL clubs, therefore, we could be winning new fans to city).

and by the way....:mad: , i'm not a student any more, but i wasn't a sponge when i was, tax money might have helped me out, but i've more than repaid it in my taxes since and so will the vast majority 'sponging' now.

thecorner
07/01/2004, 8:48 PM
:( FCUK THE STUDENTS:(

WHAT MAKES THEM SO SPECIAL

Y SHOULD THEY GET A DISCOUNT AND THE PEOPLE THAT WORK HARD ALL THE WEEK TO GET A FEW EUROS GET CHARGED MORE

A face
08/01/2004, 12:38 AM
I dunno .... the situation for students is getting worse these days. The whole fess thing is still looming and the grant is alot less now and even harder to avail of.

There will always be for and against but lads, not all students are out on the town every night of the week, spending it all on beer.

Every other club in the country are giving a student rate. And it is better to get the students money and get another body in the door of the cross than to lose their custom altogether.

They might not pay full whack now but when they finish college you like to see them returning to the cross, paying full whack along with the next lot of students.

Giving student rates, for the club, is a really good fanbase building exercise.

ian
08/01/2004, 6:41 AM
Lads the club has student ticket's you can get them in the hshoe or at the ground. I see one or too get them last year.

So lads city do have them. So to all students you can get them. But they do not do the season ticket for the students.

thecorner
08/01/2004, 2:42 PM
ian,

would ye be able to get my student ticket in the horshoe next season
im sure u will get away with it,with that cute baby-face of yours

liamon
08/01/2004, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by tiktok

and by the way....:mad: , i'm not a student any more, but i wasn't a sponge when i was,

Didn't you use a student card to get a discount even after you finished college?

Anyway, it's been a long time, but I do remember getting in for student prices when I was in college.

Originally posted by thecorner

Y SHOULD THEY GET A DISCOUNT AND THE PEOPLE THAT WORK HARD ALL THE WEEK TO GET A FEW EUROS GET CHARGED MORE
Because it's a way of getting young supporters in the gate and these will stay with you for years afterwards.

tiktok
08/01/2004, 3:47 PM

because they don't work all week and therefore don't have as much money (or do you want me to use your argument to highlight the fact that kids and OAPs don't work all week either).

A Face and Liamon are spot on, offer a discount (the club have to be consistent and advertise it too Ian), get the students in the door for seven euros, get them hooked and then when they leave college and get their big jobs, they'll keep coming back (and bring their tenners with them, after their hard weeks work;) )

Peadar
08/01/2004, 3:56 PM
Ian already said that dirty rotten student bastad tickets are available so end of discussion.
Next you'll be looking for student discounts on the match day magazine and the chips and stuff.
Before we know it students will be claiming that they should be allowed to sing and chant less on account of their discount.
Where will it all end?
Think we need Tony Blair in here to sort this mess out.

Gary
08/01/2004, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by A face
I dunno .... the situation for students is getting worse these days. The whole fess thing is still looming and the grant is alot less now and even harder to avail of.

Bullshet. The grant, dont make me effing laugh. Now hands up, how amny students moaning about this actually go to college outside Cork? AND, how many of u students money grabbing whinging morons actually have part time jobs? Very few Id hazard. I went to college in Limk for a while, kept myself going by working saturday and sunday at home and DJing around a few pubs n clubs during the week. I did ok, because i worked for my money. Okay, i didnt do very well in college, but that had nada to do with me having a job, just the fact i was feckless when it came to study.

Im also sure that most of these student whingers are the same muppets who will moan and bitch about people "not supporting the club" by not singing. Well by being a cheapskate moaning about lack of discoounts, you not really "supporting the club" there either are you.

Thing is again with the grant. While in col in limk, when it came to grant day, what was the money spent on? essentials like food/clothes/rent. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it was all into town to buy CDs and stock up on drink and fags. Makes me sick.

And i know the ironing of all this, seeing as i havent paid full price to a single eL ground all yr ;)

We dont have a student price. Live with it. I dont see you prising Lennox for the fact we also have the cheapest entry price in the entire prem div!

Éanna
08/01/2004, 5:58 PM
There is no student price. They had it for a few games at the start of last season and it disappeared. Depending on who you asked it was possible to get a 5€ ticket if you showed a student card. Simple fact of the matter is student expect discounts and if we offered one it would encourage more students to come to the cross. Never mind all the cranky gits who are just jealous of our lifestyle cos they have to work :)

thecorner
08/01/2004, 6:14 PM
this is all we are short..a load of fcuking crusty's in the h'shoe before a game talking about their exams and complaining y their pint costs more than 2.50

we dont need these kind of fans

Éanna
08/01/2004, 6:32 PM
this is all we are short..a load of fcuking crusty's in the h'shoe before a game talking about their exams and complaining y their pint costs more than 2.50

since when are students crustys? and in case you haven't noticed we need all the fans we can get until the cross is a sellout for every game.

tiktok
08/01/2004, 8:36 PM

that's a load of Sh!te thecorner.

we can talk about fans who don't sing, are 'sunshine' supporters and all the rest, but the fact remains that the club will do better the more people we get through the turnstiles. we need as many kinds of fans. through the gates as we can get. There are already a lot of students who come to the cross and pay full whack, are you and Gary including them in your sweeping generalisations and stereotypes?

it's simple.......
Number of college students in Cork............20,000+
Effort city is making to attract them.............0

If city got 1% of those students into the ground at 7euro each, it'd pay georgie's wages for the week. would the club be worse off for having them there..don't be daft.

thecorner
08/01/2004, 8:56 PM
these students have no interest in city
if they had, they would have been here along time ago

wouldnt like them coming along so they can avail of another discount

their money shouldnt be worth more than ours

Gary
08/01/2004, 9:22 PM
Originally posted by tiktok

it's simple.......
Number of college students in Cork............20,000+
Effort city is making to attract them.............0

If city got 1% of those students into the ground at 7euro each, it'd pay georgie's wages for the week. would the club be worse off for having them there..don't be daft.

Two points on that tiktok.

You say there are 20k + students in Cork. Fair enough. But how many of them are from the areas surrounding Cork (ie the rest of the country!)? Lets say, for argument sake, 10k. Now that leaves another 10000 born in Cork, but its a big county, so that leaves, lets say, 6500 from Cork City and suburbs incl satellite towns. Now, most students are 17+, and not everyone is into 'soccer'. So lets bring that demographic down to 3500 who are into ball. Now, at the age of 17+, if you are not into City already, chances are, you never will be.

Now, for the other 10000, who are from the rest of the country. Lets say 7500 of tem go home every wknd, when we play. That leaves another 2500, who we must assume half have no interest in 'soccer' and have a grudge towards Cork because its to big and flashy, leaving 1250.

So of the 20000 we had initially, we now have approx 8000, of which about 50% are females, who, in general, have little or no interest in 'soccer', leaving our 20000 now at a mere 4000. Of that 4000, u say if we could get 1% of, that leaves 40 people. Now i'm no good at maths but €40 x €7 = €280, which, in the greater scheme of things, wont do much for us. Now i know its better than nothing, but what kinda marketing and at what expense need we go to to garner this €280?

From another view point, we have the returning students from around the country, who, will in all likelihood, go to a game anyway, if they have any interest in the 1st place.

So to try and promote CCFC to colleges is nonsense from a financial point of view. Christ i getting into a muddle here. It makes no sense either in the short or long term, as even if we do get a few ppl from the country to go to a few games, theyare invariably (most of anyway) going to leave Cork when they are finished their studies anyway.

Point 2:

You reckon a €3 discount will attract more punters thru the turnstiles? I think not. €3 isnt even an extar pint these days.

Jesus, i cant believe i spent all that time arguing about students! This home from work sick thing is getting to me.

MariborKev
08/01/2004, 10:48 PM
Derry don't offer student tickets either

thecorner
09/01/2004, 2:24 AM
Originally posted by what biy!
CORNER ur totally out of line. to boost attendances we should target the students. give them what the want, discounts on tickets-no prob, provide free travel from ucc and cit to turners cross-no prob and what a student section- sure take the derrynane side between the kids inclosure and the corner boys.

can just picture it. some young kids watching billy woods run down the wing when all of a sudden there r these things sitting nxt to them who havent changed/bath since xmas and smoking on some of their ROLL UR OWN'S.

nxt home game theres nobody in the kids inclosure and the students r outside the ground protesting about how they want more. great isnt it

and the award for the most sarcastic post ever goes to.......

WHATBIY!

tiktok
09/01/2004, 8:07 AM

their money shouldnt be worth more than ours

is OAP and children's money worth more than your's by that logic, or do you just hate all students?

Poor response but let's assume that those 20000 already in college here don't have any interest in city, there will be another 5000 students starting every year, shouldn't we give them an opportunity to make up their own minds about city by offering the discount rather than making it up for them....

Originally posted by Gary
You say there are 20k + students in Cork...edited for the sums......leaving our 20000 now at a mere 4000. Of that 4000, u say if we could get 1% of, that leaves 40 people

c'mon Gary....you're reasoning suggests you're more intelligent than that. When I said 1% it was of 20000, I'd already included 'those who wouldn't avail of a discount' in the remaining 99% of students.
even after removing ALL the people you think wouldn't avail, you've still left us with 4000 people we can try and attract, that's twice our average attendance, shouldn't we chase that

Now i know its better than nothing, but what kinda marketing and at what expense need we go to .......?

very little Gary. All the club would have to do is to offer support (it need not even be financial) to any lads interested in setting up college branches of the supporters clubs. we know ourselves from the fourfiveone boys how much a bit of dedication and brainpower can achieve, why can't this be done again.

You reckon a €3 discount will attract more punters thru the turnstiles? I think not. €3 isnt even an extra pint these days.

exactly, it's not the price of a pint, so for students who are strapped for cash and in Cork on a Friday night, to spend seven euro to watch a football game is going to cost a lot less than 90 minutes in the pub.
I know the argument follows that the same could be said of ten euro, but my point is that the club should be making an effort to attract these students, by advertising a student rate around the college.

and Gary, even 280euro over 18 home games is five grand the club wouldn't have made otherwise.

Éanna
09/01/2004, 9:17 AM
ok, so by that logic the club should do an advertising campaign saying "if you're not a city fan by the time your 17, we don't want you" :rolleyes:

The simple fact of the matter is that if we had even 5 people taking advantage of a student discount who weren't city before, its 35€ the club wouldn't have made. As long as there are empty seats at the Cross, its potential gate money being missed out on and City should be trying to fill them

liamon
09/01/2004, 10:02 AM
at the age of 17+, if you are not into City already, chances are, you never will be.

You reckon a €3 discount will attract more punters thru the turnstiles? I think not. €3 isnt even an extar pint these days.

IS the average 15 year old allowed make their way home to a satellite town on their own late on a dark Friday night? Is that kids dad going to stay home from the pub so he can collect him? A lot of kids from outside Cork can't go to CCFC games til they're 17 anyway. So scratch that argument.

€3 imay be nothing to you, but it's a significant amount of cash to someone living on little over €100 a week. I can remember £2 being very important to me when I was a student. Going to a city game was a major financial outlay for me back then and I wouldn't have gone half as much if it wasn't for the discount.

I guess Gary and thecorner have never been students and don't understand the value students place on discounted events.

Surprised they haven't pointed out the fact that summer soccer means a lot of the students aren't around for a significant portion of the league. Maybe that's why there are no student tickets?

Éanna
09/01/2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by liamon
I guess Gary and thecorner have never been students and don't understand the value students place on discounted events.
maybe they're just yearning for their youth (one of them is anyway) :)

Gary
09/01/2004, 10:57 AM

Thats a very snobby, elitist comment Liam

if you botheres to read my earlier post, you will have seen that i spent 3 years in college in Limerick and a while in the College of Comm in Cork. But pedantry aside, students dont value anything. Im sure you will find that the only students who are moaning are those who already avail of the grant, which they most likely píss up against the wall anyway on cider and sambuca. If a student is so bloody hard up for a few quid try this GET A FURKING PART TIME JOB. That what the rest of us have to do when we are short on cash. Jsut because you are a student dont mean you should be entitled to cheaper prices willy nilly. Some people work in badly paid jobs, you dont hear them screaming for discounts. Also, im sure you will find that an awful lort of these students are smokers. Do they think they should get a reduction on a pack of tabs? probably.

A students living is essentially studying. Studying is essentially mortgaging ones future. Its a badly paid job, like many people have. These students all they want is 'gimme gimme gimme'. Well here is another idea for you, take an example from abroad, get a bloody student loan, which you can repay when you are in the real world.

Surprised they haven't pointed out the fact that summer soccer means a lot of the students aren't around for a significant portion of the league. Maybe that's why there are no student tickets?

Now that you mention it, i hadnt thought of the summer, when most students have summer jobs, therefore earning money, so €3 shouldnt be a problem.

What a non argument. :p :) ;)

tiktok
09/01/2004, 11:10 AM
......students dont value anything. Im sure you will find that the only students who are moaning are those who already avail of the grant, which they most likely píss up against the wall anyway on cider and sambuca.....

Hmmmmmm.......

Pot, kettle, black ;)

Gary, do you at least agree that the club should be doing more to attract the (by your calculations) 4000 college students who might be interested, whether a student discount was involed or not.

liamon
09/01/2004, 11:15 AM

Why? I'm not looking down on anyone who didn't go to college. I'm just saying that you may not appreciate how students live unless yu've been in that boat.

students dont value anything. ..... If a student is so bloody hard up for a few quid try this GET A FURKING PART TIME JOB. .... find that an awful lort of these students are smokers.
Students don't value anything? Sweeping generalisation that is so easy to argue against. Won't even bother.

I think a lot of students work part time. I earned cash at w/ends when I was in college. My sister does same now. And most students work during the summer to save cash for college year, not to blow it on Friday night.

And most students that I know don't smoke.

Anyway, the basic argument for student prices is that it'll get extra people in the gate and create life long fans. I'm living proof of that. I'm not originally form Cork, went to college here and became a fan partly due to cheap tickets. Couldn't afford to go regularly at full price back then. And two other guys I go to the X with have the same story. I'm sure others have similar experiences.

Éanna
09/01/2004, 11:18 AM
Anyway, the basic argument for student prices is that it'll get extra people in the gate and create life long fans. I'm living proof of that. I'm not originally form Cork, went to college here and became a fan partly due to cheap tickets. Couldn't afford to go regularly at full price back then.
yes. and no amount of bitterness will change that :)

niamh
09/01/2004, 11:34 AM
Not everyone gets a grant and not everyone is a Taoiseach's daughter who gets parents money to survive a student life.
Every time I make it down to the Cross I pay a train fare and miss a morning's work so yeah every Euro makes a difference.
If the club made sure everyone student getting a student ticket had valid ID and they were only sold from the cabin there would not be a problem.
They were getting screwed two seasons ago on the student price but if they tightened things up themselves, both sides might be winners.
How can anyone justify charging a 17 year old EUR10 to watch a cup tie?
You can't.

Éanna
09/01/2004, 11:36 AM
i spent 3 years in college in Limerick and a while in the College of Comm in Cork.
you're living in the past marge, stop living in the past :mad: ;)

patsh
09/01/2004, 1:51 PM
you will have seen that i spent 3 years in college in Limerick and a while in the College of Comm in Cork.
Sure you were never a real student so.. :rolleyes:

:D :D

Gary
09/01/2004, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by Guerzy
This post infuriated me and i just had to register over it. What is the problem with students? I dont know if ye know this but most of us have crappy part time jobs on minumum pay and while we do go out and party college life is a financial struggle for most of us. Gary your post is well out of order and The Corner , i just cant say anything to you because you just cant help it. The Corner obviously didnt go to college. Otherwise he would understand and i dont blame you for being naieve and blind. Gary I am quite suprised.You should no better. Can you tell me that you never felt a financial strain while in college? I know ye have full time jobs or whatever but dont blame us students for furthering our education and hoping for a better future. This is the worst thread i have seen in ages and am quite suprised it wasnt deleted. How could you encourage a student to come to games when you have people like ye ready to slam them. student prices are standard all over the country and why shouldnt they be here.

Nope, i disagree entirely. I hear they are paying great money in off licenses these days.

You are all missing my point. If i have a badly paid job (which i do), i dont start crying that i have to pay €10 in the X (even though i dont). While i was in college, i went to the Cross every other sunday, paid FULL PRICE in, got a programme, and a can of coke and a mars bar (for me and my dad), and still had time to not complain about paying for the above. I also had time for part time jobs, getting studies done etc.

Anyway, ye are all wasting ye're time in college anyway. its for losers. There are no jobs anymore.

now, hows that for a sweeeeeeeeeping generalisation for ya liamon?????????

ginger_healy
09/01/2004, 2:16 PM
Well said Gary. Look it's a few extra quid, just drink less beer and pay it!

ginger_healy
09/01/2004, 2:24 PM
Calling me a lickass is very immature. Me thinks it's about time you left college and got a job it might make you grow up. And of course you'd have less time to be moaning baout an extra few euros you have to pay every second week! And Gary again I'll say well said you made some excellent points.

liamon
09/01/2004, 2:25 PM

While i was in college, i went to the Cross every other sunday, paid FULL PRICE in, got a programme, and a can of coke and a mars bar (for me and my dad), and still had time to not complain about paying for the above. I also had time for part time jobs, getting studies done etc.

And when I was young, I worked for 25 hours a day down the coal mine, ate a handful of cold gravel, got beaten by my Dad and paid 12 shillings for the privelige of it.

Those were good days.

I get your argument Gary, but I think you're missing our point. While students may well be whinging muppets, it's in CCFC's interest to attract in scummy students with discounts.

Gary
09/01/2004, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by Guerzy
But agin you miss the point. Just because you paid full price that doesnt mean there shouldnt be an option for students. Gary your college life must have been ideal. Some of us dont have the parents that fork out cash every time we ask for it. And thanks to college i'm going to be getting a better job and a better life. So college isnt a waste of time. Gary it sounds to me that you have a grudge against college life and the people that choose it

:p

Name me one person you know who went to college in recent years and got a job directly from their course.

Guerzy guerzy guerzy, you are obviously not reading what Im saying(typing). I worked 3 nights a week in Limerick, if u call DJing work, i worked saturdays, and sunday mornings in Cork.

Hmm, my folks really gave me an easy go of it. But i got on with it. Most people do. I dont hear any of you muttering that there isnt a student price to get into some stupid nightclub on saturdays? Why would that be? And there any discounts on the drinks, or ol dolls in the clubs either.

whats ur point guerz. come on man, spit it out.

Admit it, you know im right, but you've dug such a deep hole now u cant get out of it.

:D

Schumi
09/01/2004, 2:31 PM
And when I was young, I worked for 25 hours a day down the coal mine, ate a handful of cold gravel, got beaten by my Dad and paid 12 shillings for the privelige of it. You had it easy! :D

Gary
09/01/2004, 2:32 PM
And when I was young, I worked for 25 hours a day down the coal mine, ate a handful of cold gravel, got beaten by my Dad and paid 12 shillings for the privelige of it.

Those were good days.

LUXURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Are you telling me the youth of today dont know how good they have it????

DolansWaistcoat
09/01/2004, 2:34 PM
I've nothing against students and I was one myself though very briefly.There should be a student price and thats all there is too it.City are trying to scrap an extra few quid out ppl.

When I was 18 I used to ask for a schoolboy ticket and they'd always ask me what age I was and they'd say 18 and over is full price,when there was a sign in the cabin saying 14-18 year olds is 5 euro.When I pointed this sign out to them they'd say 'ok so we'll leave ya off this week.Every week the same bloody thing. :rolleyes:

NorthoftheLee
09/01/2004, 3:05 PM
I wasn't even going to bother to get involved with this one as there has been so much shíte written,....

Gary I honestly hope you are doing the lánger and just being a windup here which I think you are..

but if not....

Anyway, ye are all wasting ye're time in college anyway. its for losers. There are no jobs anymore.

has to be the most stupid comment I've heard in a long long time...college is for losers eh Gary??? Doctors are loser, solicitors are losers, etc.. Ah sure they only earn a **** load of money, have nice big house and spanky new cars....losers obviously...

Name me one person you know who went to college in recent years and got a job directly from their course.

Me for one, and a couple of my frends aren't too long out of college, the only real problem at the moment is in IT engineering sector....I was lucky enough to get one but Im a loser so that doesnt matter....

As for the college debate, I paid for myself during college , got myself a part time job but would have appreciated student discount offers in places..Money is scarce even with a job..but its worse these days with the high cost of living....

Its not going to hurt the club to offer student prices, if they do OAP prices then they could do students too, it may even bring new fans to the club, it is certainly not as bad as those with jobs doing the club out of money by getting U18 tickets for the games..
Gary you have soem neck on ya giving out about students asking for discounts when you admit that you cheat the club out of money every game by being scanty and getting the cheap ticket...

sure we might as well charge OAPs full price too cause they only compalin about everything, and get free handouts every week too.....

end of rant...end of thread for me....

one_bounce
09/01/2004, 3:29 PM
:p

Guerzy guerzy guerzy, you are obviously not reading what Im saying(typing). I worked 3 nights a week in Limerick, if u call DJing work, i worked saturdays, and sunday mornings in Cork.

Hmm, my folks really gave me an easy go of it. But i got on with it. Most people do. I dont hear any of you muttering that there isnt a student price to get into some stupid nightclub on saturdays? Why would that be? And there any discounts on the drinks, or ol dolls in the clubs either.

whats ur point guerz. come on man, spit it out.

Admit it, you know im right, but you've dug such a deep hole now u cant get out of it.

gary... to sum up the arguement..
you think its better that the club discourages students based on the fact that you work in a sh1t job with sh1t money and have to pay full price(even though you scab on that one) so they should have to pay the same price

or

city realise that theres a huge student population in cork.. offer a student price as bait... get a decent crowd of students coming every week... fan clubs develop in the colleges to promote the club and as the years go by you end up with an established culture in the colleges of promoting and attending matches and all of the ex college gang continue to return to the x, pump their money into city and who knows... maybe a few of them can donate cash to the club in years to come

wake up... just cos college didnt give you the life you desired doesnt mean all students are a waste of tax payers money....
come out of your fishbowl some day and youll realise that all businesses give students discounts because it makes sense in the long run. students get cheaper haircuts,trains,flights,beer etc so why not city matches?

and finally... i also went to college and got a job when i was finished in that sector..
you are a short sighted bitter muppett:mad:

Gary
09/01/2004, 4:31 PM
I may be short sighted, hence the glasses, but certainly not bitter. In fact some people say Im quite sweet! Im so delighted that you got a job straight from college, in fact I find it hard to see how anyone could turn you down for a job?

And no, I don't feel that the club should discourage students from attending games, that's just plain stupidity, and if that's what u read from my posts, then maybe u should try read them again. Lets look at it another way. Remember on this board recently VITO GO LIGHTLY tried to start a UCC SC. He was shot down at first base by UCC. Why would it be any different is the club approached small minded SU ppl? Face the facts, there is no student price ok.

If they decide to install one, great, but it shouldn't be such a bloody issue.

The reason I have gone so OTT here in what was a WIND UP (swear to god, some ppl have no sense of humour whatsoever, and are so gullible its sickening), is that it is just another instance of moaning students. If a student price is installed and it is €7, guaranteed there will be more moaning that it should be €6 or €5 or whatever. Im sure you will find that a lot of students are there for the easy ride, have no intention of getting past 1st yr, and just take. Lots more on the other are dedicated to what they are doing and fair play to them. Just one last issue One Bounce. How do you know I didn't get my "desired" job out of college? Been a long time since I been a full time student.

Anyway, to use my favourite line which we used use in
college when someone couldn't handle a wind up - "**** ya if ya cant take an aul joke!"

:p ;)

:o

Colm
09/01/2004, 6:09 PM
Anyway, to use my favourite line
[i]

Just while we're on the subject of favourite lines...
I'm quite partial to the odd "I ask you" myself!

And that sums up my contribution to this thread!

thecorner
10/01/2004, 2:24 AM
let the students come along by all means but if they really want to support city, they should be ready to pay full price like all of us

Éanna
10/01/2004, 3:05 PM
Many students DO pay full price as it is. The simple fact of the matter is that there are empty seats out at the cross for every game, and offering a student price might fill some of them- whats wrong with that

A face
10/01/2004, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Many students DO pay full price as it is. The simple fact of the matter is that there are empty seats out at the cross for every game, and offering a student price might fill some of them- whats wrong with that

That there is the bones of it !!

Jebus ..... how can so much sh!t be written in one thread is beyond me.

If you read back over it .... you can really see who is talking sense and who is blinded by the own sh!t !!