PDA

View Full Version : City No More?

akearins
14/05/2009, 8:22 AM
Cork City No More???????? (http://www.thebitored.com/?p=817)

dong
14/05/2009, 10:51 AM
I blame Faz!!:D
It's unbelievable that they find themselves in this position again so soon. Good crowds, great team at the moment challenging at the top. It must be very frustrating for their fans to see it all falling apart. As supporters of another provincial team we should be hoping for the best for them but you would have to wonder how they can't get things sorted out.

akearins
14/05/2009, 10:59 AM
lads would it be possible top post comemnst on this issue on website under comments as we can archive them.Would be interested in gauging comments and reaction to this in relation to us having to submit 3 budgets we beleived were feasible and as a result almost lost our manager and caused a lot of turmoil for fans in those weeks, when all clubs are suppose to be presentimg accounts each month to the FAI how in Gods name could Cork be getting away with it.is it one rule for one club and one for another.
If we archive these we can pass onot the powers that be to show fans frustrations..Cheers

red_away
14/05/2009, 11:46 AM
As far as i know the main driver for this is the fact that a pre - examinership debt to the revenue was never settled and so has be presented for payment again and this was obviously not in the budget!

City would be well within their rights to sue the examiners for this unless the examiners can state that City never alerted them to the tax bill?

Still - something very similar hapened ourselves like this lately but the tax bill was much smaller!

rovers100%
14/05/2009, 1:27 PM
sad to see. any players we can steal............................. survival of the fittest nowadays lads.

dong
14/05/2009, 3:18 PM
Please...not Faz!!:eek:

Redie
14/05/2009, 3:35 PM
Please...not Faz!!:eek:

I'd have Faz back in a heartbeat.

Mayo Red
14/05/2009, 5:03 PM

Yep, I'd have to agree with you there!

dong
14/05/2009, 8:46 PM

Don't get me wrong. Great player. He's a serious mercenary though and it looks like he's the kiss of death now for any club he joins!

SligoBrewer
14/05/2009, 10:10 PM
Don't get me wrong. Great player. He's a serious mercenary though and it looks like he's the kiss of death now for any club he joins!

:rolleyes:

BBF

brianw82
14/05/2009, 10:12 PM

Hermes Conrad (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0482851/): This is mighty strange. First the civilization of Space Rome collapsed, then Don Martin 3 went kerflooie, and now Tweenis 12.

1st time post
15/05/2009, 1:25 AM
How can this happen in Cork having been in examinership only 6 months ago??I hope for the sake of the obvious good people that that they have down there and supporting them that they will get through this but hey also have to be punished for AGAIN not complying with these issues. I see on aertel that when they came out of examinership they reached 'an agreement with the revenue' which i assume means that they still had liabilities???We are nearly been punished with our league position for currently having a pretty well run club.:confused::confused:

Redie
15/05/2009, 9:04 AM

No more than the rest of us his priority is to make the best possible living for himself and his family.

red_away
15/05/2009, 11:45 AM
I read in the indo today the LOI stories;

Cork City in trouble with the Revenue.

Bohemians break the wage cap

Bohemians €3 million in debt

Bohemians complain baout the administrators of the salary cap

Dundalk will have shortfall of €150-200k if new money is not brought in over the next few months - Matthews states that many other LOI clubs are in the same if not worse state!

All bad news stories - i hope we dont see our name in print soon!

Dodge
15/05/2009, 12:24 PM
All bad news stories - i hope we dont see our name in print soon!

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=117822

:D