PDA

View Full Version : Cork City move for Liam Miller.

SunderlandBohs
14/05/2009, 8:07 AM
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. According to the Daily Star and BBC's gossip column Liam Miller is to sign for Cork City. I knew he was training with Cork but with the wind-up petition and Miller's wages this has to be a non-starter. Any City fans know anything about this? Can you remember when people said he was the new Roy Keane?!:D

seand
14/05/2009, 8:23 AM
The same Liam Miller who was gonna sign for Dundalk at the start of the season presumably!

Mayo Red
14/05/2009, 8:35 AM
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. According to the Daily Star and BBC's gossip column Liam Miller is to sign for Cork City. I knew he was training with Cork but with the wind-up petition and Miller's wages this has to be a non-starter. Any City fans know anything about this? Can you remember when people said he was the new Roy Keane?!:D

Maybe he could buy City, he'd be virtually guaranteed a start in every single game then..........unlike in recent years!!!

adamd164
14/05/2009, 10:08 AM
Well we'd have two of the new Roy Keanes then, wouldn't we? Healy and Miller, thank you very much!

Mr A
14/05/2009, 10:12 AM
Only in the LOI would you see a club facing being wound up and linked to signing the likes of Liam Miller on the same day!

pete
14/05/2009, 10:13 AM
He is definitely going to sign. Any newspapers that don't run with that as fact as fools.

A face
14/05/2009, 10:16 AM
Only in the LOI would you see a club facing being wound up and linked to signing the likes of Liam Miller on the same day!

We wont be wound up until we find out exactly what the revenue are at? And if its just a case of paying whats owed then that could happen as well.

Can someone give me a good reason why the club should pay anything that wasn't outlined in the examinership. Thats what Coughlan signed up to, the Revenues poor administration shouldn't result in us being wound up, thats their problem.

SunderlandBohs
14/05/2009, 10:32 AM
Well we'd have two of the new Roy Keanes then, wouldn't we? Healy and Miller, thank you very much!
In fairness Healy had nothing but bad luck. I can remember him at Sunderland and everyone saying we got a bargain. But then that night in Coventry changed everything for the lad. Miller just got found out!!

micls
14/05/2009, 10:36 AM
:D

He trained with us to keep fit.

Journalism at it's best again

razor
14/05/2009, 10:54 AM
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. According to the Daily Star and BBC's gossip column Liam Miller is to sign for Cork City. I knew he was training with CorkWhat rubbish.
Irelands not so brightest daily.
You only have to look at their standard of columnists.

SunderlandBohs
14/05/2009, 11:28 AM
It was in the English Daily Star. Even worse!!

Umberside
14/05/2009, 12:23 PM
Also reported on BBC Sport website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Mick89
15/05/2009, 10:21 AM
The story of Neil Mellor's transfer to city also came from more than one source - lazy journalism

Dave Rogers winding up a lazy Journo!

Mick89
15/05/2009, 10:23 AM
Can someone give me a good reason why the club should pay anything that wasn't outlined in the examinership. Thats what Coughlan signed up to, the Revenues poor administration shouldn't result in us being wound up, thats their problem.

The good reason is that the new money owed has been run up after examinership. And you really should know better than to take TC's word.

monutdfc
15/05/2009, 12:25 PM
Wasn't he the source of the "Aldridge for Bohs manager" one?

Pablo Escobar
16/05/2009, 1:04 AM

That really was a classic. Has anybody got a link to the back page of the Evening Echo that night? I'd really love to hang it on my wall!

topia
16/05/2009, 9:06 PM
out of curiosity would cork fans want liam miller in their team ahead of gamble or healy????

El-Pietro
16/05/2009, 9:16 PM
3 in the middle at City these days!

topia
16/05/2009, 9:21 PM
3 in the middle at City these days!

yeah but o donnell is on the way back too isnt he meaning you would have to leave one of the 3 out for a rather lightweight miller!
just wondering if it was at all possible that he was actually to sign for ye, would it be worth it considering thats probably the strongest area of your team and the strange financial goings on!

tiktok
16/05/2009, 9:35 PM
out of curiosity would cork fans want liam miller in their team ahead of gamble or healy????

I wouldn't even want him in the squad. We have Gamble, Healy and Stephen O'Donnell who I'd rate among the best midfielders in the league [putting their similarity to each other to one side]. Shane Duggan looks an excellent young prospect for us as well.

Miller has obvious qualities but I don't think that he'd add to an extent that would justify the money he would undoubtedly cost....not that I think there was ever an ounce of truth in the story he was signing.

If we have a few shekels to rub together, they'd be best put towards a player who would contribute a regular stream of goals.

El-Pietro
16/05/2009, 9:40 PM
i think Liam Kearney might be a very good player in this formation - he did well last year off the front two - id never start him ahead of Billy but in front of Joey and Colin hed have freedom to create a bit more - dont know if Doolin would go for it though

Umberside
16/05/2009, 10:41 PM
Miller has obvious qualities but I don't think that he'd add to an extent that would justify the money he would undoubtedly cost

The only reason he's been linked is because he'd be on a free transfer.

topia
16/05/2009, 10:59 PM

well cork wud hardly be stumping up a transfer fee! his wages would have to at least match gambles though would be the lack of value for money or rather unnecessary considering the players already there...all that assuming of course that he himself has any interest in playing in ireland

micls
17/05/2009, 12:01 AM

Wages....

Umberside
17/05/2009, 12:04 AM
Wages....

He's earning a reported £10,000 a week at QPR, at Cork City the best he could hope for is about £1,000 a week. If he wants more than £1,000 a week then forget him. I don't see the point in signing him anyway.

joema
17/05/2009, 12:57 AM
Hilarious thread.

What are ye people on? Those of ye discussing formations including Miller.

He will not sign for Cork City, he's too good for Cork City.

topia
17/05/2009, 3:50 AM
Hilarious thread.

What are ye people on? Those of ye discussing formations including Miller.

He will not sign for Cork City, he's too good for Cork City.

what are you on? nobody said he was going to sign, i merely asked if cork fans would actually want him thats all

joema
17/05/2009, 1:57 PM
what are you on? nobody said he was going to sign, i merely asked if cork fans would actually want him thats all

There is no point even discussing it.

I'd love Lionel Messi to be on my time but it aint going to happen...!

Pablo Escobar
17/05/2009, 2:08 PM

Too good for Cork City?.....I pick Healy over him any day. And please don't be using comparisons that involve both Liam Miller and Lionel Messi. Thanks ;)

topia
17/05/2009, 2:16 PM

Nobody asked you to discuss it. messi isnt a patch on miller though

joema
17/05/2009, 2:19 PM
Too good for Cork City?.....I pick Healy over him any day. And please don't be using comparisons that involve both Liam Miller and Lionel Messi. Thanks ;)

Took Healy a while to deliver, but he is really doing it now. Brilliant against Derry the other night IMO.

Thing is, he probably is "too good" for Cork City, and the LOI for that matter. The only reason he is here is because he has been very unlucky with injuries.

The same cannot be said about Miller.

As for the Messi part - I really hope you didn't (mis)interpret my post in that manner. :p

joema
17/05/2009, 2:20 PM
Nobody asked you to discuss it. messi isnt a patch on miller though

Brilliant.

Well done on missing my point there!:eek:

topia
17/05/2009, 2:29 PM
Brilliant.

Well done on missing my point there!:eek:

i dont understand why you are posting in this thread if you find it so pointless. you said millers too good for cork and wouldnt consider signing for them, its pie in the sky stuff.

Nobody said he was at all likely to sign, i just asked would cork fans actually want him if as could well happen he is short of attractive offers across the water and would prefer to move to his hometown club ala healy rather than play for a lower league team. not beyond the realms of imagination considering he struggles to hold down a 1st team spot no matter where he goes and chose cork to go to train and keep up his fitness. i was just trying to make the point that if the situation did arise cork already have good players in that position and he would hardly be worth the money.

joema
17/05/2009, 2:35 PM
as could well happen he is short of attractive offers across the water and would prefer to move to his hometown club ala healy rather than play for a lower league team. not beyond the realms of imagination considering he struggles to hold down a 1st team spot

It is beyond the realms of imagination, as you say.

He trained with City because he was home and is good buddys with sub 'keeper Mark McNulty.

He'll find a club somewhere. He was on about 10k at QPR, City owe huge amounts of money to the revenue, and even if they didn't - they could still only afford to pay Miller a max of 1k per week.

And as already said, the only reason Healy is here is because he suffered so badly from injuries, he didn't even have offers for lower league teams, as you've put it. He was let go by Livingstone ffs

Planet Earth is calling!

topia
17/05/2009, 2:44 PM
It is beyond the realms of imagination, as you say.

He trained with City because he was home and is good buddys with sub 'keeper Mark McNulty.

He'll find a club somewhere. He was on about 10k at QPR, City owe huge amounts of money to the revenue, and even if they didn't - they could still only afford to pay Miller a max of 1k per week.

And as already said, the only reason Healy is here is because he suffered so badly from injuries, he didn't even have offers for lower league teams, as you've put it. He was let go by Livingstone ffs

Planet Earth is calling!

listen if you keep missing the point of the discussion then dont bother, i never said he was likely to sign i said it possibly isnt beyond the realms of imagination that he would consider it if he didnt have any great offers. By the way im sure Colin Healy was on close to or more than 10grand a week at one stage in his career.
We all know cork cant afford him. The point of the discussion was if it ever did become a possibility would cork fans actually want him to sign.

joema
17/05/2009, 2:48 PM
listen if you keep missing the point of the discussion then dont bother, i never said he was likely to sign i said it possibly isnt beyond the realms of imagination that he would consider it if he didnt have any great offers. By the way im sure Colin Healy was on close to or more than 10grand a week at one stage in his career.
We all know cork cant afford him. The point of the discussion was if it ever did become a possibility would cork fans actually want him to sign.

Don't get so wound up kid.

Think my first post in this thread summed it up tbh

Couldn't be arsed anymore...

Pablo Escobar
17/05/2009, 4:03 PM
Took Healy a while to deliver, but he is really doing it now. Brilliant against Derry the other night IMO.

Thing is, he probably is "too good" for Cork City, and the LOI for that matter. The only reason he is here is because he has been very unlucky with injuries.

The same cannot be said about Miller.

As for the Messi part - I really hope you didn't (mis)interpret my post in that manner. :p

Oh I didn't mis-interpret anything in the regard. :D I just think the attitude of "he's too god for LOI" has to change, or else we're going nowhere.

joema
17/05/2009, 4:08 PM
Oh I didn't mis-interpret anything in the regard. :D I just think the attitude of "he's too god for LOI" has to change, or else we're going nowhere.

Don't mean to be the bearer (that how you spell it?:confused:) of bad news but...

The LOI is going nowhere!