PDA

View Full Version : Ger O’Brien joins Thoroughbred Army.

Estar
07/01/2004, 3:31 PM
Eiric has done what I wished he do 2 weeks ago!!!

Superb news he really impressed me last season with Athlone. Fair play to Eric, you've signed a good one. Sad to see Daisy go, but I'm sure he wants to play with the big boys.

Good to here Pat's are coming to Station Road as well for a friendly. Their fans are top of the range.
:cool:

The Thoroughbreds have wasted little time in finding a replacement for Damien Brennan, who departed to Derry City last week, by swooping for Athlone Town’s Ger O’Brien. Twenty-year-old O’Brien spent the 2003 season at Town on loan from St Patrick’s Athletic.

County manager Eric Hannigan has reached an agreement with Pat’s supremo Eamon Collins, which will see the exciting young defender spend the 2004 season with the Thoroughbreds.His favoured position is at right fullback but he is equally at home on the left or on the right wing. Hailed as a star for the future by Athlone he started in 32 of Town’s 33 league outings last season. Like Brennan, O’Briens style of play is bound to make him a firm favourite with the Station Road faithful.

Collins has also agreed to take his charges to Station Road for a pre-season friendly in mid-February.