PDA

View Full Version : Athlone mascot sent off!!

longfordjames
11/05/2009, 5:46 PM
According to www.ucdsoccer.com (http://www.ucdsoccer.com)

Did the referee flash a red card?

EL refereeing at its best!!

Martinho II
11/05/2009, 6:04 PM
from seeing the athlone mascot in action Im not surprised...:D he never stays still whenever I see him tossing his arms about in the air..the question is whos the person behind the mask and does he post on here??:D

atfconline
11/05/2009, 6:07 PM
To be fair, he didn't have to go off, just put on a bib.

Here he is in action against Harps, running the length of the pitch to celebrate our second goal with the players!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3526/3457340270_90a3f3c015.jpg

Rovers1
11/05/2009, 6:32 PM
Happened in The Showgies a few seasons ago, the lineswoman sent Benny The Bull to the stand coz she couldnt tell the difference between Benny and our back 4.

(no Keith Foy jokes please;))

Rovers Maniac
11/05/2009, 6:39 PM
Happened in The Showgies a few seasons ago, the lineswoman sent Benny The Bull to the stand coz she couldnt tell the difference between Benny and our back 4.

(no Keith Foy jokes please;))

Thats when we had Keith Foy :)

pineapple stu
12/05/2009, 8:41 AM
Yeah, he was asked to move away from where he was as, presumably, his jersey was putting the linesman out on the far side; he was standing pretty much in line with the Athlone defence. The ref went over to him after about two minutes and asked him to move.

When he took his head off, I swore (from the far end of the stand) that it was Ash, but that's probably libellous to suggest so. :) (I think Ash was crouched behind the hoardings taking photos).

Good to see randomers reading the site though!

Claret Murph
12/05/2009, 8:49 AM
If that was Ash then I would say he looks better the with the bulls head on ;););)

Ash
12/05/2009, 8:58 AM
When he took his head off, I swore (from the far end of the stand) that it was Ash, but that's probably libellous to suggest so. :) (I think Ash was crouched behind the hoardings taking photos).

Nope, wasnt me! (Was me crouching though)
And its a bit creepy though if you mistook a 16 year old for me!!!!
Although I do still have my boyish charm and youthful good looks :p

If that was Ash then I would say he looks better the with the bulls head on

Ah Murph, your getting all mixed up ... Sligo have the bull ... We have the Lion!

Claret Murph
12/05/2009, 12:02 PM
Lions , Bulls & Tigers no wonder I get mixed up :D

Dodge
12/05/2009, 12:04 PM
Disgusting. He should be banned for life! How can Athlone get a license with this carry on.

Someone in the FAI must take the blame for this!!!

brianw82
12/05/2009, 7:57 PM
Disgusting. He should be banned for life! How can Athlone get a license with this carry on.

Someone in the FAI must take the blame for this!!!

My chips went cold. :(

Scrufil
14/05/2009, 12:12 AM
Dino's the main man/lion! I was talking to him the sunday after the game and he was saying to me he was convinced he was going to get sent off and asked the ref 'what did I do?' The lads roaring 'send off the lion!' didn't help his moment with the ref either.

I've heard of a Linesman but on Saturday it was the case of the Lionsman!

endabob1
14/05/2009, 6:50 AM
I've heard of a Linesman but on Saturday it was the case of the Lionsman!

That's a contender for worst pun ever :p

declan hide
14/05/2009, 9:13 AM
Good auld Indo called him Leo The Lion :mad:

Ash
14/05/2009, 9:41 AM
Good auld Indo called him Leo The Lion :mad:

Thats his name!

pineapple stu
14/05/2009, 9:50 AM
Did it make the Indo? Got a link?

Kildareman
14/05/2009, 11:50 AM
Lions , Bulls & Tigers no wonder I get mixed up :D

We have a gelding!!!

Schumi
14/05/2009, 11:55 AM
We have a gelding!!!

Loads of volunteers for that mascot job, I'd say!

Shelsman
14/05/2009, 12:58 PM
Looks like a good job for Seán Connor if you ask me!

Maybe Seánie thinks that there's an FAI official or Journalist in dressed up as the Dundalk Mascot (if they have one) to spy on him? I can just see it now -Seán Connor getting into fisticuffs with a mascot, or blaming a mascot for a defeat or something.

Scrufil
14/05/2009, 5:40 PM
Okay just to clear this up Leo the Lion is the name of the mascot for Athlone Town and Dino is the nickname of the lad who dresses up as him!

peadar1987
14/05/2009, 7:21 PM
That's a contender for worst pun ever :p

Athlion town. Does that beat it? :D

The Lep
24/11/2009, 4:38 AM
I know its along time since the last post but never mind :)

Is the lad that does the mascot the same lad that done it at Fingals last home game?
Seems a decent fellow, he was up for the craic and fair play to him.
All the best for next year lads, ive a soft spot for Athlone Town .

Ash
24/11/2009, 6:48 AM
I know its along time since the last post but never mind :)

Is the lad that does the mascot the same lad that done it at Fingals last home game? Seems a decent fellow, he was up for the craic and fair play to him.
All the best for next year lads, ive a soft spot for Athlone Town .

Different lad. The antics at Fingal were a bit of craic so its good to get that kind of banter going

ATFC-1887
26/11/2009, 12:59 AM
that was a brilliant night
2 mascots goin at it haha

The Lep
26/11/2009, 1:15 AM
i think Freddie has made history in being the first mascot to be sent off in the fai cup final ;)