PDA

View Full Version : Old longford grounds

the-blue-harp
09/05/2009, 3:30 PM
ive been trying to figure out the names of longford towns previous grounds and have you any pics of them, i know there has been one or two since. i remember going to a longford v harps game down there maybe 15 years ago and cant remember the name of the ground?

RonnieB
09/05/2009, 3:32 PM
Abbeycartron id say.

the-blue-harp
09/05/2009, 4:07 PM
seeing the name of that ground in another thread got me thinking, whats the name of the ground you moved to then?

Iorfa2MaccaJim
09/05/2009, 4:23 PM
As far as I know Flancare Park, used to be called Strokestown Road.

Martinho II
09/05/2009, 4:53 PM
Up till the sixties /early seventies we played in the greyhound track. After that I believe we played down in water st for a period.We were in Abbeycarton till 1993 and we have being in mullogher since then which changed its name to flancare park since 2001.

the-blue-harp
09/05/2009, 8:39 PM
so there was definately no other name on it when you moved to that site first in 93, i remember people had bother finding where it was cos it was a new ground. but that name "mullogher" just doesnt ring a bell.

Town Legend
10/05/2009, 12:37 AM
No thats the only name it had. People didn't know where Mullogher was so it was called Strokestown Road so people would obviously know what road to take to get to it!!! Then when Flancare took over sponsoring the team they got the naming rights to the ground as well so Mullogher on the Strokestown Road became known as Flancare Park. Unless of course you're thinking of its nickname by the fans 'The Flan Siro'!!!!:p