PDA

View Full Version : Shels tonight.

RonnieB
08/05/2009, 3:51 PM
Will we continue our impressive recent run of results or end up taking the draw? :) dear god a point please!

Cmon De Town!

Tallanted
08/05/2009, 4:02 PM
gonna go for a 1 all here just to get a bit of optimism goin! Wont say what i really think the score will be

Longfordian
08/05/2009, 4:29 PM
We'll win the second half. Maybe.

Town Legend
08/05/2009, 5:43 PM
What in the name of God is going on over there??? I've been away for a year and am keeping in touch with all thats been happening on the 'ould tinterent'!! From looking at the team on paper we have some decent players but have to admit I was very worried with the amount of former Athlone players coming in. To have so many from a team who finished below us was worrying but I still thought we'd be doing a lot better than this.

Is it poor management? We have a poor disciplinary record and its up to the management to sort that out. Apart from that I can't say whats going wrong with not been there. Although I'm returning home to the Emerald Isle by the end of June so hopefully they'll have picked up at least another 4 points!!!

So I'm going to go along with Tallanted and predict we'll pick up the first of them 4 points tonight with a draw!!! :eek:

Longfordian
08/05/2009, 9:25 PM
Fair play lads ye called it!. Three points would have been amazing but sure we'll take the one as a start of something positive. Sounds like it was an eventful game.

Tallanted
08/05/2009, 9:45 PM
our lack of a fit goalkeeper showed in the end.. Had a great 1st half and then went missin in the last 20mins.. They had two great chances to win in injury time.. We played very well derek glynn was class on the night.. As someone said if we were offered 2 all at the start we would of taken it

RonnieB
08/05/2009, 9:47 PM
Damn right, I was watching livescore.net all night on the phone. I would as have stated already gladly taken a draw, when I saw us two nil up I feared the worst hehe. DELIGHTED we have stopped the run of losses. Hopefully we can give Limerick a good game next week.

LTFC ARE WE ARE WE

Longfordian
08/05/2009, 9:57 PM
Yep, hopefully we can get something from the Limerick game and start again then. We have some decent players if we could just get them playing to their potential.

L.T.F.C.
08/05/2009, 10:12 PM
first match i've seen a straight red revoked.

Tallanted
09/05/2009, 7:52 AM
ye was a bit of a bizarre one but i think the right choice was made in the end.. It was the linesman who called it

L.T.F.C.
09/05/2009, 11:04 AM
ya but refs should only give them out if they're sure. not like last night when the linesman up his hand and say that the ref was wrong.

Martinho II
09/05/2009, 4:48 PM
the crowd from longford was down approximately 50% last nite from the previous week. We were class in the first half but the longer the second half went the more we went out of steam. Glynns goal was top notch. Fennelly was very nervy in second half and kept spilling crosses. He is a wonderful shotstopper though and made a miraculous double save in the second half. Shels had two great chances near the end to score.And for the sending off being rescinded I have never seen that before!!:D

We were so close to getting our first ever win at Tolka in living memory. The last time we scored two there was the time when Sean Francis and Barry Ferguson scored in a three two defeat in 2003. Unbeliveably you nearly had to go five years for the last time we scored a goal down there when Dessie Baker scored in a three one defeat.

I am so relieved that the run of defeats is over. On the balance of play a draw was a fair result. A few players will have to get their act together though and the lads at the match know who I m talking about. A few experienced heads have being very disappointing so far.

HarpoJoyce
09/05/2009, 6:17 PM
It sounded like a great performance or at least for most of the game. I think there is enough motivation in that team to keep raising their performances to get even better results.
Good luck for the rest of the season

De Town
09/05/2009, 7:36 PM
We were so close to getting our first ever win at Tolka in living memory.

i seem to remember a certain d.mooney scoring a dramatic late winner there in our relegation season;)one of the best town nights ever!:cool:

RonnieB
09/05/2009, 10:26 PM
Against rovers no?

De Town
09/05/2009, 10:54 PM
Against rovers no?

yeah it was..i just wanted to prove marty wrong..kinda:p

prince20
10/05/2009, 7:34 AM
first match i've seen a straight red revoked.

what was the story with this guys?

L.T.F.C.
10/05/2009, 12:06 PM
what was the story with this guys?
Martinho was in a better position than me he might know better, a town player handled the ball, but i don't think so. from where i was sitting, i was looking down the same line as the ref. i have no idea how he seen the ball. there was so many people there he wouldn't have seen a bus. anyway, the ball crossed the line and then was 'handled'. the ref ran up and showed him a red. the town players went to the linesman who prob said the ball was across the line therefore the game was stopped. so you could say he was picking it out of the goal. the town players crowded the ref and the town player stayed on. no one on the planet knew what was going on, but thats a given for the referees in ireland these days.
tolka park is such a kip.

Martinho II
10/05/2009, 7:00 PM
yeah it was..i just wanted to prove marty wrong..kinda:p

ha ha..:) What I meant was that we have never beat Shels in Tolka.. I remember moons goal that day all rite.. that was an emotional night when we beat rovers..

Martinho II
10/05/2009, 7:03 PM
Martinho was in a better position than me he might know better, a town player handled the ball, but i don't think so. from where i was sitting, i was looking down the same line as the ref. i have no idea how he seen the ball. there was so many people there he wouldn't have seen a bus. anyway, the ball crossed the line and then was 'handled'. the ref ran up and showed him a red. the town players went to the linesman who prob said the ball was across the line therefore the game was stopped. so you could say he was picking it out of the goal. the town players crowded the ref and the town player stayed on. no one on the planet knew what was going on, but thats a given for the referees in ireland these days.
tolka park is such a kip.

I believe that Tom King handled the ball behind the line. I didnt realise at the time that if he was sent off it would have bein a peno... But we were better off writing off the goal though.. It was confusing though Tom King had to ask him if the red card was rescinded can he stay on the pitch? I was kind of hoping at the same time that the goal was goin to be cancelled too. It was confusing to watch at that moment but fair play to the linesmen he saved us big time on this!!

pineapple stu
10/05/2009, 7:06 PM
Don't know how you managed it, having seen yez last week, but many thanks anyway. :)