PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures of 29th May

Dodge
08/05/2009, 11:29 AM
Are they likely to be moved because of the Ireland Nigeria friendly in London?

I'm hoping they aren't but I'm not sure if there's a rule, or even if individual clubs might want to change.

I think I read that galway are moving their game.

Anybody know anything?

Magicme
08/05/2009, 11:35 AM
I know plenty of anythings but on this one I am stumped.

pineapple stu
08/05/2009, 11:46 AM
Haven't heard anything about us moving. Think I asked at one stage.

eamo1
08/05/2009, 12:39 PM
We(Galway Utd) are moving it to the night before,Thursday the 28th.We would have moved it to the following night but Mervue are playing at home that night in Terryland.I assumed most teams were moving to the Saturday.Theres an FAI policy you cant play league games at the same time of an international.
For the record i disagree with the policy.I'd much rather watch my beloved team play an important league game on the usual night.I dont think it should be moved for an Ireland B team playing a Nigeria B team in front of a few thousand fans.

sheao
08/05/2009, 1:12 PM
Hopefully they won't move our game with Bohs to the Thursday as we would have a much smaller gate at the Cross than if the match was played on a Friday or Saturday.

Candystripe
08/05/2009, 3:40 PM
Quite a few Derry fans not happy as they had their stag party sorted for Galway that weekend but instead are going to Liverpool.

They can't take the thursday of work for the game.Sunday may have benn the better option but it's to late now.

MariborKev
08/05/2009, 3:56 PM
Theres an FAI policy you cant play league games at the same time of an international.

Is that policy not relating to competitive games only.

atfconline
08/05/2009, 7:27 PM
Two changes confirmed this evening.

Galway United v Derry City
The above League of Ireland Premier Division fixture, which was originally scheduled for Friday, 29th May, will now take place on Thursday, 28th May, at Terryland Park with a 7.45 pm kick-off time.

U.C.D. v Sporting Fingal
The above League of Ireland First Division fixture, which was originally scheduled for Friday, 29th May, will now take place on Thursday, 28th May, at The UCD Bowl with a 7.45 pm kick-off time.

holidaysong
09/05/2009, 10:32 AM
Theres an FAI policy you cant play league games at the same time of an international.

Well that's wrong because we played at home on Thursday May 29th last year at the same time as Ireland were playing Colombia in Craven Cottage.

DmanDmythDledge
09/05/2009, 2:58 PM
Well that's wrong because we played at home on Thursday May 29th last year at the same time as Ireland were playing Colombia in Craven Cottage.
Doesn't apply to friendlies, as Maribor has stated.

holidaysong
09/05/2009, 3:14 PM
Doesn't apply to friendlies, as Maribor has stated.

Maribor's post was more of a quesiton than a statement though.. :p

Mark
09/05/2009, 3:16 PM
i think the real issue is why did the fai agree to/ or organise an international for a friday night in the first place? knowing theres a full programme of games on.

Cosmo
09/05/2009, 9:32 PM
i think the real issue is why did the fai agree to/ or organise an international for a friday night in the first place? knowing theres a full programme of games on.

Personally I dont think its right that LOI matches are on the same day as Ireland matches (always found it strange that it happens in England, well with the lower leages clashing with England matches when the majority of England supporters appear to be from the lower leagues!!!! Unless Im missing something!!)

LeixlipRed
10/05/2009, 9:55 AM

Because most of them wouldn't even be aware or care about the domestic games :confused:

pól-dcfc
10/05/2009, 1:25 PM

But the English Premier League is finished by the 29th...