PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda match

naoise kennedy
07/05/2009, 8:19 PM
What are we hoping for in this match.. firstly a win anything else would be a set back. After last weeks fantastic win this match should be a very positive atitude, decisive, build on the last few performances, this should be an easy win by two or more goals. We will be the better team going into this game and we need to show this in the performance and the result.
I hope i'm not expecting too much but this is a match where we can really show what we are made off..

BrayUnknowns
08/05/2009, 3:29 PM
What are we hoping for in this match.. firstly a win anything else would be a set back. After last weeks fantastic win this match should be a very positive atitude, decisive, build on the last few performances, this should be an easy win by two or more goals. We will be the better team going into this game and we need to show this in the performance and the result.
I hope i'm not expecting too much but this is a match where we can really show what we are made off..

Hmm, i don't know if i am that confident. Yes i think we will win but i don't think we will beat them that easy. Being consistant for a young bunch of players is very hard so to play like we did last week will be tough for them.

Seagull
08/05/2009, 5:28 PM
From loi.ie:

Bray Wanderers goalkeeper Chris O'Connor believes the Seagulls can push for a top five finish this season.

O'Connor helped the Seagull's to a magnificent victory over Shamrock Rovers last week and the Australian-born shot-stopper believes that win can act as a springboard as the team look to push-up the table.

Eddie Gormley's young side have impressed greatly this season. While they sit in 7th place in the Premier Division table, turning draws into wins has been their biggest problem - they have drawn five of their opening ten matches.

"We have been playing great football," says O'Connor. "We have had a lot of draws, but we've been playing the football without getting the rub of the green. All we can do is to keep doing what we're doing and it will work.

"Eddie has brought in the right kind of players, the sort who want to play football. They're young and they want to play football, and it's working. He has lads who will get the ball down and zip it around but, if needed, can also go long.

"We're hoping to push on now. We've played everybody already so we know what we're up against. We're pushing for top four or top five, we don't think that's unrealistic."

O'Connor was particularly impressed with how his side overcame the challenge of Shamrock Rovers last week and believes that a repeat performance shound see them take another three points at home to Drogheda United this Friday night.

"It[beating Shamrock Rovers] was massive. It was probably one of the best victories I have had so far, especially to beat them in their new ground. It's [Tallaght Stadium] top drawer. It's by far the best in the league. It's what the league needs, we just need more of that.

"We're not going to take anything for granted, but you'd like to think that if we play the same as we did last week then we can beat anyone. We need that kind of performance and then we shouldn't have a problem."

naoise kennedy
08/05/2009, 9:40 PM

Thanks lads,, make me eat my words ,, we were muck tonight,nobody played like they have up to now drogheda deserved there win, i think we had one shot on goal i can't understand why jake started and then to be replaced my mulroy what happened to flood, why was deansy sent off hopefully eddie has a few stronger words than me.. lets get this bad performance out of the way earlier then later in the season..

superfrank
08/05/2009, 9:43 PM
Think Deans was sent off for an elbow, not sure.

Absolutely shocking performance from us. We didn't deserve anything with that crap tonight. It's so frustrating that we can't put a decent performance in against probably the worst team in the league.

Seagull
08/05/2009, 10:49 PM
Think Deans was sent off for an elbow, not sure.

Absolutely shocking performance from us. We didn't deserve anything with that crap tonight. It's so frustrating that we can't put a decent performance in against probably the worst team in the league.

They had one chance, they scored- we had one chance, we missed. Terrible performance, think all this talk about young lads potential went to their heads, totally underestimated Drogheda and paid the price. That's two games they've won all season, both against Bray. Dundalk won too so we're still rooted near the foot of the table...

lostinbrum
09/05/2009, 10:44 AM
First match I've seen this season, what with living in the UK and all. It was all very poor, but worse possibly was that it seemed to take the sending off to spur some life into them.

Hulsey
09/05/2009, 2:17 PM
Performance last night was crap. Second to every ball and looked like they thought they had a devine right to win. Very reminisant of last years performances against the lesser teams in the league. Totally unexceptable lack of professionalism and hope that Gormley went through them for it.