PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket prices announced

derm
05/01/2004, 2:52 PM
From eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=9205)

The ticket prices are as follows:

Adult Premier: Eur250
Adult Unreserved: Eur165
OAP Premier: Eur190
OAP Unreserved: Eur90
Family (2 Adults, 2 Children) Premier: Eur550
Family Unreserved: Eur400
U18s Premier: Eur100
U18s Unreserved: Eur75

and can be purchased from:

Rachel O’Leary,
Solkam,
Kilcrea Cross,
Ovens,
Co. Cork
Tel: 086-8835399

tiktok
05/01/2004, 2:57 PM
Even though I wouldn't be able to avail of it, I can't believe City still do not have an official Student rate, given that there must be close to 20,000 college students in and around the city. A rare example of blinkered thinking at the club.

165 seems steep if it only guarentees the home league games, I assume MSC, LC (and FAI Cup?) are included in the bundle.

Breifne
05/01/2004, 4:01 PM
Free list was suspended for all FAI Cup games last year, so i would imagine it would be the same this season.

No Season Tickets will apply to any FAI Cup games for any club.

NorthoftheLee
05/01/2004, 5:02 PM
All I want to know is how come the unreserved season ticket has gone up from 150 to 165 this season when the adult ticket prices haven't gone up at all? Does the club know something we don't about the number of games that are being played next season??

Ruairi
05/01/2004, 5:15 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
Does the club know something we don't about the number of games that are being played next season??

well if Bray's proposal gets the go ahead at the meeting of league represntatives later this month (they want all 22 league clubs to be in the same division this year) that would mean 42 league games, 21 at home. Don't see it happening though.

A face
05/01/2004, 5:37 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
Don't see it happening though.

Dont want to see a disaster you mean !!

And i thought that the ten team league was on a three year trial first though. One thing is for sure the FAI better get the house in order and stop all the fappin' about. They better stay strong and not get pushed around.

If they go weak then they shouldn't be shown any mercy. They has been enough fcuking about out of that lot recently.

SSS
05/01/2004, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by Breifne
Free list was suspended for all FAI Cup games last year, so i would imagine it would be the same this season.

No Season Tickets will apply to any FAI Cup games for any club.

Last season the Premier ticket covered ALL home games -cup, friendlies etc.
At the price they are charging, they need at least 8 non-league games next season to justify the price of 250.
Given that the buyer takes full risk of missing any games, the club could have kept the price more in line withlast season...

If the FAI cup is excluded this year, I'll go mental.
Dolan said season ticket holders would be looked after under his regime. It didn't start very well!

adamcarr
05/01/2004, 8:27 PM
WHATS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN PREMIER AND UNRESERVED?

A face
05/01/2004, 8:32 PM
Cork season ticket prices announced

Irish Intertoto Cup representatives Cork City have announced details of their Turners Cross season ticket prices for the coming eircom League Premier Division season, which has been pencilled in for an end of March start date.

City finished in third place in the Premier Division in the season which ended last November, finishing eleven points off Bohemians in second spot but were comfortably third-best in the division, five points clear of the rest of the chasing pack.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=9205)

ian
06/01/2004, 12:44 PM
Lads I think it is good value. I got one last year and it worked a treat.

As for applying you can send the money to her or she will take check.

niamh
06/01/2004, 1:20 PM
Agree with the post about the student prices. If they asked for proper ID and made sure they were only on sale from the club office, they wouldn't get screwed by ppl who aren't students.

Éanna
06/01/2004, 1:34 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Agree with the post about the student prices. If they asked for proper ID and made sure they were only on sale from the club office, they wouldn't get screwed by ppl who aren't students.
yeah, its something that has to be raised with the club. No way am I buying a season ticket unless they offer a student price

NorthoftheLee
06/01/2004, 3:42 PM
bloody students, isn't enough that the country has to support ye, can't ye leave the club alone! ;)

my problem with the 165 is that it would cost you 180 to attend all the home games...miss 2 games and you lose out...season tickets are supposed to reward people. 15 euro off is not much of an reward for loyalty..

jofyisgod
06/01/2004, 5:21 PM

my problem with the 165 is that it would cost you 180 to attend all the home games...miss 2 games and you lose out...season tickets are supposed to reward people. 15 euro off is not much of an reward for loyalty..

Agree. Very strange. They'd want to look at this, because they may lose out on potential customers.

MariborKev
06/01/2004, 10:06 PM
Lads,

Is it not premature to start selling tickets if you don't how many teams are going to be in the League?

Surely if it ends up a 22 team league then these season tickets are going to be very cheap

Derry are holding back releasing prices till we know what the craic is

A face
06/01/2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Maribor
Is it not premature to start selling tickets if you don't how many teams are going to be in the League?

Maybe they know something we dont :D

MariborKev
06/01/2004, 10:41 PM
Don't know how they could

It is up for debate on the 17th- every club has one vote

patsh
07/01/2004, 9:15 AM
Surely it is not going to happen that the league is going to change from a 10 team to a 22 team league, 1 month before the new season.
The el make some f*ckups, but not one as big as this. If the 22 idea is adopted, it will be for the season 2005.
Otherwise, suddenly, there would be no relegation, about 15 grounds way off achieveing the Euro licence standard, and a 42 game league season.
Not going to happen.
Any changes to the league composition, no matter how many teams are envisaged (12, 14, 16 etc) will only take effect in 2005.

sadloserkid
07/01/2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Maribor
Lads,

I was under the impression that it's as you were for this season and that the vote would only come into effect the following year?

niamh
07/01/2004, 12:04 PM
bloody students, isn't enough that the country has to support ye, can't ye leave the club alone! ;)

Grrrr....I'm sure it's not for the last time, but not all students get grants or money off their parents.
As for the season ticket price, absolutely agree that not enough is given off for people who are paying a lump sum of cash upfront before the season starts regardless of how the team will be playing...it's a payment of faith if nothing else.
As for the 22 team league...the league would be a joke if they introduced something like that this season. You can't just change things like that over night in a sane world.

Prego
07/01/2004, 11:18 PM
Premier Ticket: All league, cup, european and friendly games.

A face
08/01/2004, 1:08 AM
What is the speil with the season tickets ??

Is it just through the gate or are there more benefits ??

ian
08/01/2004, 6:35 AM
I have my season ticket so, I am happy to pay out this money, at the end of the day the money go's to the club.
So lads stop the giving out about the price. If you want one you want one if not then don't go on about it.

Just pay at the gate.:ball:

bert
08/01/2004, 9:47 AM
Originally posted by niamh
Grrrr....I'm sure it's not for the last time, but not all students get grants or money off their parents.

And only a select few can get into the press box. ;)

adamcarr
08/01/2004, 1:15 PM
Premier Ticket: All league, cup, european and friendly games

Does that mean that an unreserved is only league

joe
09/01/2004, 5:55 PM
Originally posted by adamcarr
Does that mean that an unreserved is only league

yes