Draw made Home to fingal on 18/19 May

Full Draw
Waterford United v Shamrock Rovers
Wexford Youths v Bohemians
Galway United v UCD
Sligo Rovers v Sporting Fingal

Rovers1
06/05/2009, 12:43 PM
http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/654-league-champions-to-play-last-seasons-defeated-finalists-in-ea-sports-cup-quarter-finals

Think its in Dublin....

thesilverfox
06/05/2009, 12:50 PM
its an absolute joke how i get a text msg saying its at home and then read its away. the fai is a joke for even leaking the draw on club websites when it should be up on loi.ie as soon as the draw was made.

that being said i'll take fingal.

LondonRover
06/05/2009, 1:44 PM
that being said i'll take fingal.

Undeniably a 'better' draw than say Bohs or Shams away but am I the only one that's got a bit of a bad feeling about this one? :confused:

Rovers Maniac
06/05/2009, 1:59 PM
Away makes it a lot harder for us, they are also full time and proably better than one or even two teams in the premier league.

The Lep
06/05/2009, 3:08 PM
Happy days :)

Red&White Rover
06/05/2009, 3:13 PM
I'm confident.

rob mcdonald
06/05/2009, 5:23 PM
Theyve a bigger squad than us at the moment!!!

MMVIII
06/05/2009, 5:41 PM
Quietly confident about this one. Although I could easily see them beating us.

Well Red
06/05/2009, 6:30 PM
Not the easiest draw that we could have got in the EA Sports Cup and the game is at the Morton Stadium. These guys have quite a few decent players on their books, they must have a sugar daddy but we should be able to take care of them.

Only1Rovers
06/05/2009, 9:18 PM
this is going to be a tough game. I don't fancy going to the Morton Stand either. It's horrible place to go. It's in the same category as UCD's bowl.

nechayev
08/05/2009, 12:47 PM
oh.... sorry: FINGAL

ah well - the sandals can go back under the bed, i suppose.

otherwise: i assume we'll be running a charabanc? meat paste sandwiches and lashings of lemonade!

remember: the ONLY thing better than beating the ingerrlish is beating the DUBS.... any dubs!

Well Red
08/05/2009, 6:11 PM
Want to make travel arrangments for the Fingal game but still not sure is it the 18 th or 19th. Anyone have the answer.

rob mcdonald
08/05/2009, 6:15 PM
Head to a pub called "The Swiss Cottage" tell them big al from sligo sent you. He used to live in an apt behind the ground. Big welcome for the SRFC fans.

Rovers1
08/05/2009, 6:43 PM
Want to make travel arrangments for the Fingal game but still not sure is it the 18 th or 19th. Anyone have the answer.

Likely to be Tuesday according to Ocean, also Galway game kick off 7.45pm, Derry game changed to Friday.

srfc1928
08/05/2009, 6:58 PM
Likely to be Tuesday according to Ocean, also Galway game kick off 7.45pm, Derry game changed to Friday.
Why is the galway game a 7.45 ko ?

Rovers1
08/05/2009, 7:01 PM
Why is the galway game a 7.45 ko ?

Dunno, Ocean just announced it.

srfc1928
08/05/2009, 7:11 PM
cheers Rovers1
I hope we dont go messing with the KO times again.
It just confuses people. I met 4 different people on monday night who thought the game was at 8

Kevin L
08/05/2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Lads,

The Fingal game is on the Monday.
The reason the Galway game is changed to 7.45pm is that a number of supporters approached different members of the committee to see if the time of our games could be changed as they felt they were late getting home.It was decided at the last committee meeting to do this.
The reason the Derry game is changed from Saturday to Friday is because of the Bulgaria game.

To sum up all our games starting with the Galway game will start at 7.45pm.

Kevin.

rovers100%
09/05/2009, 10:00 PM
i fear this game a defeat here will be awful and from tonights performance i think we will go in under dogs...........

MMVIII
09/05/2009, 10:23 PM
After that tonight, i cant see us beating Fingal.

srfc1928
09/05/2009, 11:58 PM
Hi Lads,

The reason the Galway game is changed to 7.45pm is that a number of supporters approached different members of the committee to see if the time of our games could be changed as they felt they were late getting home.It was decided at the last committee meeting to do this.
The reason the Derry game is changed from Saturday to Friday is because of the Bulgaria game.

Kevin.
Thanks for the communication on this Kevin.
Something that has been lacking in the past.
Keep up the good work

forza rovers
10/05/2009, 8:49 AM
Hi Lads,

Kevin.sure what's 15 minutes it will still be bright and why do it mid season?

Kevin L
11/05/2009, 10:11 PM
Personally speaking I could have done with the extra 15 minutes but everybody I talked to on Saturday night from people helping out to supporters were in favour of it.Also I think the majority of games in our division start at 7.45pm.
It's amazing the amount of people that are "allowed" go to the game on a Saturday night based on the promise of taking the other half out afterwards.So some of these lads have now scored some serious Brownie points by securing that extra 15 minutes of "quality time" with their other half.
At the end of the day the Club is about and for the Supporters so if enough of you make representations, then I cant see any reason why it shouldn't be changed back.This would only take effect from next season though if successful.

So the bottom line lads is that all our home games from now on will start at 7.45pm - so spread the word.

srfc1928
12/05/2009, 7:37 PM
It's amazing the amount of people that are "allowed" go to the game on a Saturday night based on the promise of taking the other half out afterwards.

Those feckin housewives are at it again !

Mayo Red
12/05/2009, 8:26 PM
Those feckin housewives are at it again !

Jes, they're desperate aren't they!!!

SRFC2009
12/05/2009, 9:24 PM
Im afraid I have to drag my bf to the matches so I dont look like a poor "billy no mates" on my own!!! :(

Why is it lads can go to a match on the own and no heed is passed, but when a girl goes on her own, its a completely different story!! :eek:

Kevin L
12/05/2009, 11:12 PM
I thought my sense of humour was a bit off!!

CarrickFan
13/05/2009, 6:10 PM
Despite a few big signings Fingal are not setting the 1st Division alight and if there match In Longford a few weeks back was anything to go by i'd be confident..any kind of a result against Pats would set us up nicely for it..realistically its our best hope of silverware this season so hopefully there will be a few going up to it.....................

as for the 7:45pm kick offs..when ur doing a 70 mile round trip to the Showgrounds 15mins extra is great:)