PDA

View Full Version : When will Alan Murph come to us?

Martinho II
04/01/2004, 11:52 PM
According to a relaible source, Galways Alan Murphy has to decide between Longford and Derry. According to eleven-a-side.com, Galway are looking for €15000 for him in order to secure hgis services.

Who at present is our most expensive signing?

De Town
05/01/2004, 9:38 AM
Sean Francis?

Was he not 10,000 euro?

Xlex
05/01/2004, 10:32 AM
I was under the impression Murphy would be a free man... Forget about paying anything for the git... his wages are a large enough of an outlay....

Longfordian
05/01/2004, 2:58 PM
Yeah i think Galway could be due compensation. he's out of contract but as he's under 23 they get something. Dont think they have the final say in how much they get, id think it would go to a tribunal. they may get their 15,000 or they may be awarded less..i think thats how it works anyway. Either way cant see us forkin out much for him, in wages or compensation..not proven enough for the kind of money he's hopin for in my opinion..if he's willing to come down to what we're offering he'd be a decent signing, if not then no great loss..

Bosco
05/01/2004, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by MARTINHO II
Galways Alan Murphy has to decide between Longford and Derry.

Can't see him goin to derry considering hes in college in galway

Longfordian
05/01/2004, 4:01 PM
He's finished in Galway as far as i know. Seemingly he's lookin to move to Dublin. He was toutin himself around all the Dublin clubs but none would bite on the money he was lookin for by the looks of things. Either way cant really see him wantin to move to Derry, you never know what the lure of a nice bit of sterling could do though..

Xlex
05/01/2004, 4:05 PM
if that's the sort of gimp we're looking at then **** him...

Longfordian
05/01/2004, 4:13 PM
As i said already if he's willing to accept what we're offering, i.e <500 then he'd be a decent enough signing, if not as Xlex so eloquently put it f**k him..

MariborKev
05/01/2004, 4:20 PM
Don't you lot have enough strikers already?

As for him coming to us, Dykesy is talking to him, but there is no firm news on a deal

Longfordian
05/01/2004, 4:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maribor
[B]Don't you lot have enough strikers already?

I can think of one that id be quite happy to get rid of..he can go up north and stay up north as far as im concerned..

Xlex
06/01/2004, 8:39 AM
Dyksey will probably pay him what he wants and if you ask me, it's a hell of alot, too much, but if yu trust Dyksey with the cash you've been hording then fair enough... what happened the last striker you snapped from under our noses?

Longfordian
06/01/2004, 11:08 AM
Heard last night that Murphy is going to Burnley on a week's trial this week and if he isnt offered something by them his preference is to join us. On our terms too..Seemingly his parents have been encouraging him to join us, apparently his Dad even rang Alan to see if he was still interested. He's good mates with Darragh Sheridan too who never stops praising the club seemingly!.He was made offers by Cork and Derry but wants to live in Dublin, think he's going to do a post-grad somewhere..Thats the story as of yesterday. Whether he comes or not remains to be seen. Good competition for places if he comes, he'd be able to fit in in midfield too. Dessie Baker, John Martin (who have both agreed deals, cant officially register them until February i believe) and Alan Murphy would give a competitive squad..

atfconline
06/01/2004, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by Longfordian
Dessie Baker, John Martin (who have both agreed deals, cant officially register them until February i believe) and Alan Murphy would give a competitive squad..

Can't register any players until the start of February.

Patrick Dunne
07/01/2004, 6:56 PM
.. is currently completeing his LLB in NUIG.

He has trials with Burnley, where manager Stan Ternent has expressed an interest, and also with QPR - this has been organised by former QPR, GUFC and Republic of Ireland international Paul McGee. Derry City are also in the hunt for the Ballinrobe star. Incidentally, his mother and sister are not the same person, so this could be another impediment (no pun intended) to him joining Longford Town.

Incidentally, belated congratulations on winning the FAI Cup !

P. Dunne.

gustavo
07/01/2004, 9:51 PM
our great leader seems to think that we are in the running for murphy but i cant see him joining another 1st division team even if it was one that finished higher than galway :) as usual though i think its just more shíte from don

Longfordian
08/01/2004, 4:56 PM
Originally posted by Patrick Dunne
Incidentally, his mother and sister are not the same person, so this could be another impediment (no pun intended) to him joining Longford Town
Now now be nice... All i can say is what he told Alan Matthews which is that if things dont work out in England for him he's happy to sign for Longford, and we are happy to have him..Having done the LL.B it isnt an insurmountable obstacle to playing football, not many hours involved..

MariborKev
10/01/2004, 9:33 PM
Originally posted by Longfordian
All i can say is what he told Alan Matthews which is that if things dont work out in England for him he's happy to sign for Longford

To be fair lads, that is exactly what he has told Gavin Dykes as well so it will be interesting to see what happens if it doens't work out in England

MariborKev
13/01/2004, 12:01 PM
We are out of the running for him "wages demands outside our pay structure" but you lot have apparently opened talks with him

Martinho II
14/01/2004, 11:16 PM
See in yesterdays sun that Aberdeen have taken Alan Murphy and Stephen O Flynn on trial next week and Cork City have joined the race to sign him.

His trial with Burnley didnt work out and he is in the final year of his law degree and has banged 45 goals in four seasons for the tribesmen.

Longfordian
16/01/2004, 2:32 PM
Last thing i heard was that as he'd got trials with a First Division club in england he felt he deserved a wage similar to what he'd get over there, which not surprisingly we don't agree with him on! Cork made an offer to him before but i dont think he's keen on moving to Cork..Mightn't have much choice if he keeps lookin for stupid money...Bear in mind he wasn't offered a contract by Burnley so why he thinks he deserves these high wages is beyond me..Think Matthews is gettin fed up of bein messed around and wouldn't be all that keen to have him anymore even if he does drop his wages.

Martinho II
16/01/2004, 9:43 PM
If that is the way he carries on, he can **** off!