PDA

View Full Version : MNS

Aaron
04/05/2009, 6:58 PM
On now.....

centre mid
04/05/2009, 7:06 PM
Shocking refereeing in the Bohs v Dundalk match.

Aaron
04/05/2009, 7:08 PM
Another disgraceful refereeing performance from Buttimer involving Bohs:rolleyes:

Keegan should have walked for the first never mind the second, Singh never touched Brennan who dived AGAIN!!

Rovers Maniac
04/05/2009, 7:12 PM
Sean Connor just set a record for most cliches ever on MNS. Buttimer is a joke though.

joey B
04/05/2009, 7:13 PM
Keegan's tackle's were x-rated to say the least how Buttimer can book Singh for his tackle while Keegan got nothing for his head-scratching:confused:

Rovers Maniac
04/05/2009, 7:17 PM
Jeez they never showed our goal that was chalked off ! What was that about MNS?

niallsparky
04/05/2009, 7:31 PM
Keegan should have seen red in fairness.

Paddyfield
04/05/2009, 7:35 PM
Kenna has gone very grey in the last few weeks.

Dundalkjames
04/05/2009, 7:39 PM
I think Kenna could be the first PD managerial casualty of the season

Paddyfield
04/05/2009, 7:44 PM
I think Kenna could be the first PD managerial casualty of the season

Any bets that Pat's try get Gormely if Kenna gets the boot.

centre mid
04/05/2009, 7:47 PM
Any bets that Pat's try get Gormely if Kenna gets the boot.

Theres too many taxi drivers arond inchicore as it is.

prince20
04/05/2009, 7:56 PM
They just showed the goals from the FAI Junior Cup Final. Pity they couldnt get a cameraman at some First Division grounds:confused:

sonofstan
04/05/2009, 8:18 PM
Keegan should have seen red in fairness.

Maybe. But I thought the concentration on that feature of the game, and not on the fact that we won handsomely was annoying to say the least. Does anyone really think that if Keegan had been sent off and not Singh, Dundalk could have won?

Aaron
04/05/2009, 8:22 PM
Maybe. But I thought the concentration on that feature of the game, and not on the fact that we won handsomely was annoying to say the least. Does anyone really think that if Keegan had been sent off and not Singh, Dundalk could have won?

I still think Bohs would have won, but naturally when a ref ****s up its going to be a major talking point.

sonofstan
04/05/2009, 8:42 PM
Also, they didn't show the most outrageous bit of playacting by Gorgeous - Brennan and the second greatest living Corkman fell over each other at the corner flag - went for a corner. As he got up, Killian head butted George in the arse (deliberately or not), who promptly went to ground clutching his head.

osarusan
04/05/2009, 8:52 PM
Only saw the first half of the show, but from what I saw, Bohs were good, Dundalk pretty awful, and I thought Brennan's second tackle was straight red card stuff. He didn't lunge exactly, but if you jump in with both feet off the ground and catch the player with your studs (from both boots in this case) that's a red card. For the first tackle I couldn't really see if he caught the Dundalk player badly or not, but if he did, it was above the knee I think, and was probably worthy of at least a yellow as well.

gufc2000
04/05/2009, 9:10 PM
Richie Sadlier was getting hot under the collar with Tony. Good build up to the Galway-Pats match. Mike Rafferty from GBFM summed it up perfectly, we were happy with what he did, delighted he was staying on, but betrayed by the way he wnet behind the Boards backs.

Also, one noticable mistake from Tony, he said we beat Derry today after extra-time, we beat them 1-0 after 90 minutes ffs

thischarmingman
04/05/2009, 9:32 PM
, Killian head butted George in the arse (deliberately or not), who promptly went to ground clutching his head.

There's a joke in there somewhere...

DmanDmythDledge
04/05/2009, 9:40 PM
There's a joke in there somewhere...
"The contact of Brennan's face with George's rear end brought back vicious memories for him and, in a terrifying flashback, covered his face in protection of what inevitably followed when such events previously occured."

sonofstan
04/05/2009, 9:57 PM
"the contact of brennan's face with george's rear end brought back vicious memories for him and, in a terrifying flashback, covered his face in protection of what inevitably followed when such events previously occured."

Excellent

A N Mouse
05/05/2009, 4:16 PM
Was that the same ciaran posts on the ireland forum?

Flexy
05/05/2009, 8:26 PM
Another disgraceful refereeing performance from Buttimer involving Bohs:rolleyes:

Keegan should have walked for the first never mind the second, Singh never touched Brennan who dived AGAIN!!
What isit about Buttimer and Bohs always has to give them a penalty, Keegan should have walked for the 1st challenge it was a disgrace. Refs in the LOI are going to wait till someone wacks them one then the league will stand up and take notice they are shocking. Bohs still would have won though

Flexy
05/05/2009, 8:27 PM
Shocking refereeing in the Bohs v Dundalk match.
Just awaiting the ref choices for Derry Bohs this weekend, either buttimer or another dub ref

Captain2007
05/05/2009, 9:38 PM
Just awaiting the ref choices for Derry Bohs this weekend, either buttimer or another dub ref

Ye are right about the Dub bit, Dave McKeon, Buttimer has the weekend off surprise surprise!!

gufc2000
05/05/2009, 9:40 PM
Whos reffing Dundalk-Galway?

Captain2007
05/05/2009, 9:46 PM
Whos reffing Dundalk-Galway?

Damien Hancock doing the Dundalk v Galway game.

FAW Referee Dean John doing our game, has he done any LOI game before ?

Captain2007
05/05/2009, 9:54 PM
Richie "Colina" Winter - St Pat's v Cork
Neil Doyle - Sligo v Shamrock Rovers

SMorgan
05/05/2009, 9:59 PM
After viewing MNS I left wondering if the sand in the Turner Cross goal mouths or the divets at Drogheda, Rovers and Galway give a 'natural bounce'

Anybody?

razor
05/05/2009, 10:46 PM
Maybe. But I thought the concentration on that feature of the game, and not on the fact that we won handsomely was annoying to say the least. Does anyone really think that if Keegan had been sent off and not Singh, Dundalk could have won?Dundalk wouldn't have won but I don't think Bohs would have won handsomely if Buttimer had put Keegan off, Singh wouldn't have over reacted and Keegan wouldn't have been on the pitch to jump two footed into another Dundalk player.
Bohs may have scraped a 1-0.
Sometimes I thank God we can't get Cork referees.

CuanaD
06/05/2009, 10:21 PM
Just finished watching the realplayer online - that was the best 'Sofa' so far:D

Farren's third goal was a classic too:ball:

Guitd
06/05/2009, 11:07 PM
After viewing MNS I left wondering if the sand in the Turner Cross goal mouths or the divets at Drogheda, Rovers and Galway give a 'natural bounce'

Anybody?

i think the word is "divots" on a real football pitch ,maybe its "divets" on plastic that make the ball bounce sooooooo different than expected:):)

SkStu
07/05/2009, 12:40 AM
i think the word is "divots" on a real football pitch ,maybe its "divets" on plastic that make the ball bounce sooooooo different than expected:):)

i thought he was talking about duvets.

brianw82
07/05/2009, 11:01 AM
As an aside, I thought the panel was the best there´s been so far. All 3 knew what they were talking about (Rico summed up Dundalk´s performance very well) and there were no hidden agendas (cough *Roddy* cough) among any of them. T O´D held things together well.

WoodquayBoy
07/05/2009, 11:31 AM
Have my Utd hat on here so was not overly happy with the analysis of our win over Pats. Pats CEO and former Pats captain on the couch, every time they turned analysis into disucssion on Pats rather than focus on the fact United have now beaten them twice this season. Ah well, maybe it was just me . . . .