PDA

View Full Version : Finn Harps

Well Red
03/05/2009, 10:09 AM
Sligo's record against Harps in the Showgrounds is poor having only beaten them once in the last 6 games. As I said previously Harps have the advantage of a nice break as against Sligo having to travel to Cork. I think it is a chance to bring in some of the fringe players in this game, they probably will be forced to do so anyway with injuries. Think it will be very close but I think we can nick it as Harps are with their regular keeper and a striker. Need to get a win here to lift the spirits although the achievements in Cork were good under the circumstances. Have to feel sorry for Cook trying to work with such a small squad. Come the BOR

red bellied
03/05/2009, 10:34 AM
They have beaten Harps on the last five occasions. Three were in the Showgrounds, only one was competitive and the other two being friendlies. Expect to win by two goals, Harps are finding it tough this season.

MMVIII
03/05/2009, 5:40 PM
To be honest, can't really see us losing. Harps seem muck this season. Hope I don't regret saying that.

Red&White Rover
03/05/2009, 9:11 PM
We should win, but we're just unbelievably gash in the League Cup.

We're like the Anti-Derry.

sligoman
03/05/2009, 9:20 PM
In case anyone forgot, remember this is a 6pm kick-off;)

sligofan4ever
03/05/2009, 10:37 PM
Hopefully its 3rd time lucky tomorrow, and looking at the way they are playing i'd be confident that we wil go through but it all comes down to how we play ourselves. I would like to see lads like Keohane,Noctor and one of our other 2 keepers (surely they would'nt be as bad as Jennings!).

Bigone57
04/05/2009, 12:36 AM
Hopefully its 3rd time lucky tomorrow, and looking at the way they are playing i'd be confident that we wil go through but it all comes down to how we play ourselves. I would like to see lads like Keohane,Noctor and one of our other 2 keepers (surely they would'nt be as bad as Jennings!).

Jennings :eek:

Knappagh Red
04/05/2009, 1:42 PM
Horse running today at Down Royal 5.20 called Sligo Rover 33/1 shot, who knows it?

sligored
04/05/2009, 7:16 PM
brutal display by harps. we won 4-1 but stopped playing after 60 mins.
brolly scored with a cross after 5 mins.
Rovers scored through boco twice (one a beauty) ogrady and keane.
not a bad crowd considering - about 1000 i would guesstimate.
Cookie played the whole first team with the exception of ross mcloughlin who played right wing and he set up ogradys goal. took conor off after an hour and put on ventre.
after a poor first 20 minutes , it was a very comfortable team against a very poor team

sligofan4ever
04/05/2009, 7:16 PM
Ended 4-1. We went 1-0 down within the first mins, a shot that everyone must've taght was going over! Wasn't until Boco scored his goal we started to pick ourselves up a bit. Morrison was greedy with the ball aswell as being a bit sloppy, hope he picks himself up after this one. Played better in the second half, O Grady scoring barely a minute after the restart, and then Keane scored a beauty.

Have to say I was impressed with Mcloughlin today, was active down the wing and one of our best players in the game. Bring on the quarter finals :).

MMVIII
04/05/2009, 7:29 PM
4-1 but could have been any score. Impressed with McLoughlin although he seemed at times slow to go to the ball. Holmes played well. Boco's goal was a ****ing cracker. One of the best goals ive seen in a long time.

Keane scored a beauty..

Wouldn't exactly call it that. He scuffed it. Bit of a fluke in fairness.

sligofan4ever
04/05/2009, 7:33 PM
4-1 but could have been any score. Impressed with McLoughlin although he seemed at times slow to go to the ball. Holmes played well. Boco's goal was a ****ing cracker. One of the best goals ive seen in a long time.

From where i was it looked more or less like Boco's, it was just the way it went in the far corner made it look like a quality goal. No dobt Boco had the best goal of the day though, his goal against Cobh in September was good, but I think we've found one thats even better :). I didn't know what Morrison was at the box at the end, he was within feet of the goal and would've scored, was he trying to set up Boco for his hat-trick ? Have to say McDaid looked very good tonight, looked sharp. And we had the return of our favourite right back, Seamie Coleman :).

sligo23
04/05/2009, 8:01 PM
really?? looked like he meant it to me:confused:

sligofan4ever
04/05/2009, 8:04 PM
Do any of ye know when the draw for the next round is and when the matches are ?

sligoman
04/05/2009, 8:10 PM
Do any of ye know when the draw for the next round is and when the matches are ?Next round is 18th/19th May, don't know when draw is.

The Midget Gem
04/05/2009, 9:02 PM
Good preformance. Delighted with the result. The Harps goal gave us that little kick up the .... we needed. Looked a bit lacksadazy before that, even though it was only 5mins:o.
A player who has really grown on me is Richie Ryan. I think he is quality pulling the strings in midfield and he rarely pulls the plaudits. Can someone tell me where is Parkhouse? I know he is injured but when is he due back?
Good crowd of around 1,000ish for the day that was in it. Harps had a poor crowd down considering it was a bank holiday. Harps look really bad this year and doesn't look like they are getting out of that division any time soon.
Ground is looking great aswell!
Just looking at some of the results coming through and i tell you we have a little chance this year;).

Only1Rovers
04/05/2009, 9:23 PM
A player who has really grown on me is Richie Ryan. I think he is quality pulling the strings in midfield and he rarely pulls the plaudits.

I'm still not sure about Ryan. I don't think I'd say he's pulling the strings in midfield. He breaks up play but isn't positive enough when in possession. He finds it difficult to develope an attack from a defensive position, with the ball more often than not going back to centre halfs.
You could argue he doesn't give away the ball but doesn't create much either.

Morrison was more creative this evening when he moved into a more central position despite all the possession he gave away.

happydays97
04/05/2009, 9:49 PM
Harps look really bad this year and doesn't look like they are getting out of that division any time soon.

Harps will be lucky to still be involved in the league by the end of the season. Things are really bad up there at the minute.

Rovers Maniac
04/05/2009, 9:59 PM
Harps will be lucky to still be involved in the league by the end of the season. Things are reall bad up there at the minute.

Jesus thats very sad to hear i hope they can pull through, brutal time to be looking for money of people.

rovers100%
04/05/2009, 10:05 PM
finn harps have only won 1 league game this season and i can see why, they are a poor side this year unfortunately. we won 4-1 and in all fairness we were tired looking and looked like we lacked motivation. i would have liked have to seen noctor, mctiernan and torpey given a start as need to games under their belt. the league cup is a cup we should be looking to win and get some silverware for us. only downside is with al the competitions we are in this year its probably a bad year for us. im afraid the jury is still out with me in regards to morrison, he is far to lazy without the ball and to greedy on it. well done to boco he needed those goals as we know finishing isn't his strongest point. is only downside to the lad as a terrific player. i felt raf got no luck on the night nothing would come off for him. great to see seamie back too

happydays97
04/05/2009, 10:38 PM
Jesus thats very sad to hear i hope they can pull through, brutal time to be looking for money of people.

One of the biggest problems is the manager who nobody wants only half of the board. He should of been sacked after the performance in the showgrounds last season

Red&White Rover
04/05/2009, 10:46 PM
Harps are atrocious.

A junior team would beat them.

Rovers Maniac
04/05/2009, 10:50 PM
One of the biggest problems is the manager who nobody wants only half of the board. He should of been sacked after the performance in the showgrounds last season

But to be fair he looked like he was going to keep them up at one stage and then as soon as they pulled a few points clear, and i would say the board thought they were safe at that stage, they starting paying the players only half their wages. Not sure if it was coincendence or not but things would seemed to go pear shaped after that for them. In my eyes it would be tragic if Harps went to the wall.

srfc1928
04/05/2009, 11:03 PM
Have to say I was impressed with Mcloughlin today, was active down the wing and one of our best players in the game.

I wasnt impressed with him tbh.

Just as an after thought
Why did he make the first 11 for tonight but didnt even make the bench against Cork ?

sligoman
04/05/2009, 11:06 PM
Just as an after thought
Why did he make the first 11 for tonight but didnt even make the bench against Cork ?He was injured for the Cork game.

srfc1928
04/05/2009, 11:19 PM
Rovers played well tonight and can only beat whats put in front of them.
Our lads never got out of 2nd gear especially after the hour mark.
Harps are at rock bottom and i never thought i'd say this but im sad to see this
I felt sorry for Rossiter having to play in front of his own people tonight,
normaly hes really up for it but all the Harps lads heads were down as soon as any pass went astray, no confidence or passion at all
We ave a decent chance this year. Open draw from here on in

Last 8:
Wexford
Waterford
Fingal
Bohs
Rovers
Shams
Galway
Athlone or UCD

Pity shels couldnt hold out against bohs

sligoman
05/05/2009, 11:51 AM
'The draw for the Quarter Finals of the EA SPORTS Cup will take place tomorrow, May 6th'

From here (http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/649-athlone-and-ucd-battle-for-ea-sports-cup-quarter-final-place).

red bellied
05/05/2009, 1:01 PM
I am not Morissons greatest fan but no way would I ever leave him out of the team. Sure he tends to beat the the man twice over and never tracks back. But he can pick a man out with a perfect pass. Got Rovers back in it tonight with his pass to Boco for the first goal. If it wasnt for him, with his assists in the games against Bray and Derry, Rovers would be probably joint bottom with Drogheda.

Bigone57
06/05/2009, 12:52 AM
Rovers played well tonight and can only beat whats put in front of them.
Our lads never got out of 2nd gear especially after the hour mark.
Harps are at rock bottom and i never thought i'd say this but im sad to see this
I felt sorry for Rossiter having to play in front of his own people tonight,
normaly hes really up for it but all the Harps lads heads were down as soon as any pass went astray, no confidence or passion at all
We ave a decent chance this year. Open draw from here on in

Last 8:
Wexford
Waterford
Fingal
Bohs
Rovers
Shams
Galway
Athlone or UCD

Pity shels couldnt hold out against bohs

Whats the bet we get Bohs and not at home :(