PDA

View Full Version : How did the New Year's Ball go?

Counting Crow
03/01/2004, 10:25 AM
Any news as to how it went?

Any gossip, transfer talk?

Any info on what direction the Club will take next season etc.? Did Pat make a speach?

patsh
03/01/2004, 2:30 PM
Great night, well organised, good meal and good music.
Presentations to Jerry Harris and Billy George.
Dolan was surprised with the appearance of his father.
John Creedon was an excellent compere, told some great stories, some short interviews with Jo'F, Billy, Doyler and Kearney. A fairly difficult City quiz, set by N. Spillage.
Ian's big jersey was up on the wall, red, white and green ballons everywhere!
Well worth the 40 yo-yo's, and hopefully we will have the Cup, league trophy or both at the next one.

Ruairi
03/01/2004, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by patsh
good meal

the severe lack of garlic bread and ice cream was a source of annoyance to some.......

Gary
03/01/2004, 4:41 PM
Must say all in all it was a great night. Was surprised by how well attended it was. Only let down, and its only a small thing as I, unlike certain others am not a stalker or a groupie ( :p ) , was that there were very few players there (i think!).

Food was excellent, Creedon was very funny and professional, Dolans speech was just bizaare. Anyone got any clue what the hell he was on about???? And that clown on entry was deserving of a bloody good kicking for his capering (a la Itchy and Scratcy land simpsons).

But at the end of it all, all i can really say, is UGH my poor body. Whose idea was it again for our post ball shenanigans??

:)

Oh and the Irish dancers were outstanding, though Eannar was getting a bit hot under the collar!

Eric
03/01/2004, 4:52 PM
Thought the Irish dancing was a bit stupid. It took up to much time and people started getting bored.

There were very few players there and they all headed into town early enough.

Good night though

NorthoftheLee
05/01/2004, 8:03 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
Ruairi, ice cream and garlic bread, was the Guinness sugar and milk not enough?

hahahhahhaha.....that was class..:D

overall a really good night was definitely had.....the old dancing did go on a bit though...and as for pats speech...
:confused: :confused: :confused:

razor
05/01/2004, 8:45 AM
Originally posted by Ruairi
the severe lack of garlic bread and ice cream was a source of annoyance to some.......

Garlic Bread,

Garlic Bread.

I've tasted it , its the future.

:D

patsh
05/01/2004, 9:44 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
and as for pats speech...
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I felt that maybe he was trying to dampen down expectations. It was a fairly negative speech, what I could understand of it!;)

Ruairi
05/01/2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
Ruairi, ice cream and garlic bread, was the Guinness sugar and milk not enough?

Not as bad as ye might think.

Ye l@ngers...

:D :D

one_bounce
05/01/2004, 11:26 AM
anyone care to try and give the gist of dolans speech for those who didnt make it??

A face
05/01/2004, 5:21 PM
Originally posted by one_bounce
anyone care to try and give the gist of dolans speech for those who didnt make it??

Alot done ... more to do !!

I'd trust Pat more when you hear him say it though !! :)