PDA

View Full Version : FT - Cork City 1 - 0 Sligo Rovers

Bigone57
01/05/2009, 8:38 PM
FT> Cork City 1 - 0 Sligo Rovers
Kuduzovic 68.

thesilverfox
01/05/2009, 8:42 PM
brilliant updates on twitter rory. great to see its light hearted compared to the way some other clubs have their updates. hopefully its as good as this for all away games:D

to go down with only 14 players and from what ive heard it was an excellent performance, cook and the lads have to be commended. onwards and upwards now on monday and saturday

Well Red
01/05/2009, 9:05 PM
With Mondays night game looming it is bit unfortunate that Rovers have the long trip to Cork and Harps have no game this weekend due to cancelled game tonight. Anyway fair play to Rovers for holding the second placed team to a goal to night with a string of reserves. If we ever get them all back we have to be a force but fear it might be too far into the season but we need to give a good performance in Europe, we always have.

The Midget Gem
01/05/2009, 9:14 PM
Pity we didn't get anything out of the preformance. A lot of positives to take from it anyway i hear.
The fact Bray won tonight just shows how tight it is in and around the middle of the table.

This match on monday is a big game if we want some silverware this season. Lets hope we get some of the missing lads back because this will be our best shot at silverware. We're in the Quarters with a win over Harps so lets all get out and roar them on to a win!:)

corkboy360
01/05/2009, 9:24 PM
Event controller fears for Sligo fans life as he sends in extra security and a few gardaí to the away end.!

Only1Rovers
02/05/2009, 6:22 AM
Event controller fears for Sligo fans life as he sends in extra security and a few gardaí to the away end.!

What's this about?

Pablo Escobar
02/05/2009, 10:21 AM
What's this about?

A few of "our" idiots went to the St.Annes end being yobish.......not towards the Sligo fans btw! But they were being idiots!

BigMikeSmall
02/05/2009, 11:30 AM
Saw that, felt sorry for the steward having to run around after 12 year olds for an hour and a half.
The ground looks well with that end covered over, pity there wasnt a few more rovers heads to fill it.:ball:

corkboy360
02/05/2009, 3:27 PM
A few of "our" idiots went to the St.Annes end being yobish.......not towards the Sligo fans btw! But they were being idiots!
Being Yobbish ?
Fans standing at the back of a stand ?
Our was there more going on in your blinkered view ?
Where do you sit yourself ? the shed ? only yobs i know at the cross throwing glass bottles at keepers!

corkboy360
02/05/2009, 3:36 PM
Also may I add the Gardaí threathened someone with a public order arrest for singing........:rolleyes:

showgies
02/05/2009, 4:21 PM
Being Yobbish ?
Fans standing at the back of a stand ?
Our was there more going on in your blinkered view ?
Where do you sit yourself ? the shed ? only yobs i know at the cross throwing glass bottles at keepers!

Questions, questions, questions :confused::rolleyes:

corkboy360
02/05/2009, 4:36 PM
Questions, questions, questions :confused::rolleyes:
May I ask if you were there

showgies
02/05/2009, 5:43 PM
May I ask if you were there

Was that one a question?

sligoman
02/05/2009, 9:09 PM
Unlucky overall to have lost. Had a goal disallowed for a supposed 'push'. One big positive for me was Danny Keohane at left back, I've seen him regularly for the A team so knew he was good, and he did well last night. Not an easy game to be thrown into but he didn't look out of place at all. Made just one mistake and that was his 'shot' towards the end but defensively, he was grand and will hopefully get more of a chance as the season goes on.

corkboy360
02/05/2009, 10:07 PM
Was that one a question?
I will take that as a no.
Don't comment on something you have **** all information about.

showgies
02/05/2009, 10:48 PM
I will take that as a no.
Don't comment on something you have **** all information about.

My comment was not about the incident (?!!) but about your post, it contained more questions than the "Just a Minute Quiz". Which reminds me of a comment alledgely given on that quiz...."Arahh Larry you're only an ould boll**" Quite apt really. :)

corkboy360
03/05/2009, 2:50 AM
My comment was not about the incident (?!!) but about your post, it contained more questions than the "Just a Minute Quiz". Which reminds me of a comment alledgely given on that quiz...."Arahh Larry you're only an ould boll**" Quite apt really. :)
Im glad you enjoyed it:rolleyes:

SligoBrewer
03/05/2009, 12:27 PM
Unlucky overall to have lost. Had a goal disallowed for a supposed 'push'. One big positive for me was Danny Keohane at left back, I've seen him regularly for the A team so knew he was good, and he did well last night. Not an easy game to be thrown into but he didn't look out of place at all. Made just one mistake and that was his 'shot' towards the end but defensively, he was grand and will hopefully get more of a chance as the season goes on.

Keohane was impressive by all reports on Friday night. Hopefully the lad will get more game time to show his worth.:)

happydays97
03/05/2009, 5:50 PM
What was the Sligo team on Friday night??????/

srfc1928
03/05/2009, 6:23 PM
Sligo Rovers: Brush; Keane, Feeney, Peers, Noctor (Keohane 32); Torpey (McTiernan 80), O'Grady, Ryan; Cash, Cretaro, Boco.
Substitute not used: Kelly