Derry
Rovers @ 13/2

Anyone know what happens now that game is off?:mad:

Mr A
01/05/2009, 6:35 PM
Chances are it's void.

Sheridan
01/05/2009, 6:36 PM
Normally they'll pay out on the games that went ahead (under the revised accumulated odds.)

Aaron
01/05/2009, 6:36 PM
I should get my ****in score back!!!:mad:

Maynard
01/05/2009, 6:54 PM
I should get my ****in score back!!!:mad:

It's good to see that those worst affected by this SHAM of an excuse for a semi-pro club are having their grievances aired here:rolleyes:

passerrby
01/05/2009, 7:07 PM
whats the problem with the pitch has it been sanded recently

Maynard
01/05/2009, 7:11 PM
whats the problem with the pitch has it been sanded recently

Sanded, gravelled and tactically ROCKED by all accounts:mad:

cheifo
01/05/2009, 7:16 PM
We are only in the League 40 years give us a chance to find our feet.:o

dfclilywhite
01/05/2009, 7:44 PM
If only you had an artificial pitch.

Mr A
01/05/2009, 7:51 PM
Just heard that both sides felt the pitch was fine and wanted to play the game.

exiled_gufc_fan
01/05/2009, 7:55 PM
Was it Buttimer up to no good again then?

exiled_gufc_fan
01/05/2009, 8:17 PM
Apologies to Buttimer, ref is T. Connolly

Buile Shuibhne
01/05/2009, 8:19 PM
Just heard that both sides felt the pitch was fine and wanted to play the game.

Complete and utter ******.

I've spoken to Shels players & officials.

The pitch was a disgrace - completely dangerous and unplayable.

The FAI should throw the book at Harps and refix the game in Tolka or at least a neutral ground.

Harps licence for Finn Park should be withdrawn.

Complete joke :mad:

OneRedArmy
01/05/2009, 8:22 PM

The FAI should throw the book at Harps and refix the game in Tolka or at least a neutral ground.

Complete joke :mad:Sure give the groundsman 40 lashes too...

kdjaC
01/05/2009, 8:31 PM

Complete joke :mad:

Should the FAI pay for harps pitch to be brought up to standard.

Considering they did it for Shels. 2 seasons ago tolka was a death trap and the FAI paid for it to be fixed. Assume all the shels fan that went to the game can feel some empathy for harps knowing whats it like to have an unplayable pitch and having no money to fix it.

kdjac

Sam_Heggy
01/05/2009, 8:32 PM
I don't know what officials and players you spoke to Buile but Keely and the players were saying its playable.

The ref said the sand was too deep and felt it was too dangerous to let the game go ahead.

Crazy decision, I was out on the pitch with players having a kick about and no problem, surface was fine and while not perfect its much better than when the likes of UCD came to visit earlier in the season.

"The FAI should throw the book at Harps and refix the game in Tolka or at least a neutral ground."

Wind your neck in there and get off that high horse, you were not there and have no idea what you are talking about.

EDIT: I need to add, this decision could be a nail in our coffin, things are bad up here and the gate receipts needed tonight were sorely needed. We now have no home gate in 5 WEEKS

Buile Shuibhne
01/05/2009, 8:39 PM
Should the FAI pay for harps pitch to be brought up to standard.

Considering they did it for Shels. 2 seasons ago tolka was a death trap and the FAI paid for it to be fixed.

kdjac

Are you making this up?

Shels got no money from the FAI - 2 years ago or previously - to repair the pitch.

Buile Shuibhne
01/05/2009, 8:46 PM
Crazy decision, I was out on the pitch with players having a kick about and no problem, surface was fine and while not perfect its much better than when the likes of UCD came to visit earlier in the season.

I'll agree to disagree.

The Ref and the Match Delegate's reports are what count

passerrby
01/05/2009, 8:59 PM
is it possible that shels could be awarded the match

prince20
01/05/2009, 9:05 PM
Why? Game was postponed due to an unplayable pitch. Match will be refixed for Finn Park. Surmise and speculate all you want but that is all that can happen.

Sam_Heggy
01/05/2009, 9:23 PM

Well at least we would only get a 3-0 walkover, its bound to be better than the result on the pitch. Our only grievance would be the gate.

passerrby
01/05/2009, 9:32 PM
Why? Game was postponed due to an unplayable pitch. Match will be refixed for Finn Park. Surmise and speculate all you want but that is all that can happen.

jez..only asked .

kdjaC
01/05/2009, 9:34 PM
Are you making this up?

Shels got no money from the FAI - 2 years ago or previously - to repair the pitch.

They paid €40,000 for your pitch to be fixed.

A quick search on this site will reveal more ;)

Sam_Heggy
01/05/2009, 9:50 PM
I was just reading some of the comments on shels forum, they are laughable really.

They are under the impression that this was planned as we were missing so many players and that we planted these rocks and sand. Its a conspiracy I tell ya, we are cure hoors up here ya know ;)
They also think we should have called the ref and put the game off earlier in the week as its clearly an unplayable pitch :rolleyes:
Final line is, we need the revenue, we needed the game to go ahead and neither manager had a problem with the game going ahead on the pitch, the last thing we wanted was Shels fans and team making the long trip for nothing.

Buile Shuibhne
01/05/2009, 10:42 PM
They paid €40,000 for your pitch to be fixed.

A quick search on this site will reveal more ;)

Tell us more - all news to me.

CSFShels
01/05/2009, 10:51 PM
Just home now. The problem was 100% Harps fault, and the only fair outcome is 3 nil to Shels. The Harps financial situation, while unfortunate, and us at Shels know only too well how that feels, does not give them any excuse for that kind of thing, the pitch was unplayable because Harps sanded it with sand full of rocks, isn't Shels' fault, and given how close to kickoff it was decided, there can only be one possible outcome.

Of course, given the FAI's typical behaviour towards Shels, nothing will happen or it'll be a 3 nil Harps win.

GalwayRed
01/05/2009, 11:10 PM
Feel very sorry for any of ours fans that went up there only to hear that. Not in any position to comment on the pitch as I havent seen it but I can understand the anger after making such a long trip. Match should be rescheduled and ledt that be the end of it.

CSFShels
01/05/2009, 11:17 PM
Feel very sorry for any of ours fans that went up there only to hear that. Not in any position to comment on the pitch as I havent seen it but I can understand the anger after making such a long trip. Match should be rescheduled and ledt that be the end of it.
Why? The match wasn't cancelled because of natural elements or anything of the sort. It was cancelled due to the stupidity of Finn Harps, even if this wasn't on purpose, which I'm not saying it was, letting stuff like this go unpunished is just setting a precedent that whenever a club has a few injuries they can make their pitch unplayable, and get to play it at a time which suits them better.

pixiehead
01/05/2009, 11:19 PM
A pitch shouldnt be sanded in the middle of a season. Thats F**king madness. Every groundsman knows this :confused:

CSFShels
01/05/2009, 11:21 PM
A pitch shouldnt be sanded in the middle of a season. Thats F**king madness. Every groundsman knows this :confused:
Its certainly very suspicious, negligent at best.

GalwayRed
01/05/2009, 11:31 PM
Why? The match wasn't cancelled because of natural elements or anything of the sort. It was cancelled due to the stupidity of Finn Harps, even if this wasn't on purpose, which I'm not saying it was, letting stuff like this go unpunished is just setting a precedent that whenever a club has a few injuries they can make their pitch unplayable, and get to play it at a time which suits them better.
In fairness I seriously doubt a team would make a pitch unplayable purposely to solve injury problems. It a stupid thing to do undoubtably but id be surprised if were given a walkover here. My understanding was if a pitch is unplayable the match be rescheduled. You might be right though.

CSFShels
01/05/2009, 11:34 PM
In fairness I seriously doubt a team would make a pitch unplayable purposely to solve injury problems. It a stupid thing to do undoubtably but id be surprised if were given a walkover here. My understanding was if a pitch is unplayable the match be rescheduled. You might be right though.
The pitch was unplayable due to actions taken by the home team, if the rules state the solution to an issue like that is the match being rescheduled then it really says it all about this league.

GalwayRed
01/05/2009, 11:36 PM
The pitch was unplayable due to actions taken by the home team, if the rules state the solution to an issue like that is the match being rescheduled then it really says it all about this league.
Yeah that was my original point though. Im not saying I agree with the rule just think its pointless arguing here because they wont change the rule anyway.

CSFShels
01/05/2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah that was my original point though. Im not saying I agree with the rule just think its pointless arguing here because they wont change the rule anyway.
I really don't think the rules on this are as rigid as you're making out.

happydays97
01/05/2009, 11:40 PM

Who had Harps out injured????

Conor Gethins was the only one missing tonight going by reports, and from what i've seen of him he wouldnt be that big a miss for any club

OneRedArmy
01/05/2009, 11:46 PM
Its certainly very suspicious, negligent at best.given what the Harps lads have said about the potential impact of the loss of gate money, your conspiracy theories are laughable.

Anyway, thankfully MNS don't cover the first division, so the masses will be none the wiser...

GalwayRed
01/05/2009, 11:46 PM
Who had Harps out injured????

Conor Gethins was the only one missing tonight going by reports, and from what i've seen of him he wouldnt be that big a miss for any club
I dont honestly know I was just making that point because a couple of people were complaining Harps did this deliberatly which I dont believe anyway.
Gethins would be a miss for harps sure. They dont have the strongest team and hes got a few goals for them.

CSFShels
01/05/2009, 11:56 PM
given what the Harps lads have said about the potential impact of the loss of gate money, your conspiracy theories are laughable.

Anyway, thankfully MNS don't cover the first division, so the masses will be none the wiser...
I didn't theorise at all, I just said it was suspicious, which it is, I mean the people at Harps aren't stupid, they must have known. I'm not going to say it was done on purpose, but they definitely knew the pitch was in a bad state, before the referee called the game off.

Guitd
02/05/2009, 12:15 AM

thats not true TERRYLAND was sanded last week with 60t of sand was seeded and spiked on wed this week yet was perfectably playable last week for mervue game 2 days after been sanded and was in good condition tonight ,,if carried out correctly there should not be a prob.

Umberside
02/05/2009, 12:31 AM
Bad news the game was postponed. Hopefully Harps will get enough money from the gate they receive when the replay goes ahead.

CSFShels
02/05/2009, 2:07 AM
Bad news the game was postponed. Hopefully Harps will get enough money from the gate they receive when the replay goes ahead.
Wouldn't think that will happen, if the game is replayed, I seriously doubt many Shels fans will attend, I know I won't be, what happened today was an absolute disgrace, and its easy to feel sorry for Harps when you didn't spend 8 hours today on a bus that ultimately went nowhere.

mypost
02/05/2009, 3:50 AM
Maybe if you defended better at home in the last minute of last season, you would have faced an 8 minute trip across the river tonight instead. And put up a bit of resistance too. :o:(

Game will be replayed. There has been a lot of rain up there lately, and pitches are covered with sand if they're in bad condition. I don't suspect Harps of having an ulterior motive, as they need the money.

SMorgan
02/05/2009, 7:26 AM
Was it Buttimer up to no good again then?

If only Buttiner had to have been there!!

Sam_Heggy
02/05/2009, 8:07 AM
We were missing Johnny Havlin and Conor Gethins, both have been p!ss this season and its not something that would have us worried.

Another point is, does anyone here actually think we are worried about a couple of points? We are sitting 4th from bottom 4 points from the team above us, I doubt very much that we are worried about 3 points this season.

We actually have fans who had money on Shels to win 4-0 or more (not that I condone it but every man to their own), so I doubt very much anyone up here was happy at last nights decision by the ref.

gael353
02/05/2009, 8:09 AM
EDIT: I need to add, this decision could be a nail in our coffin, things are bad up here and the gate receipts needed tonight were sorely needed. We now have no home gate in 5 WEEKS

we are a bit luckier with one a month for the next two months but yea that smells of big trouble. sack your manager now hes toss anyway and wait ten weeks to appoint to avoid paying any big wages