PDA

View Full Version : Baker for Town

Martinho II
02/01/2004, 12:14 AM
Daily Mirror 1st January

'Longford Town are set to add Dessie Baker to their squad before the start of next season.

Baker,26 has agreed terms to join the midlands club from Shelbourne and he will join John Martin on the managers wish list.

Town boss Alan Matthewsis alo in talks with Paul Keegan and Chris Bennion, although competition for Keegan is fierce,with Drogheda,St Pats and Derry keen on the Bohs stirker.

But Bakers move is practically finalised and Longford expect to tie the striker to a two-season- deal next Monday.'

Good move I reckon Baker has a lot of European experience plus has plenty of medals.

A face
02/01/2004, 12:28 AM
I hope he takes the finger out and does the stuff for the town, if not i hope ye see it early and bench him.

I'd look at this two ways

Crap .... he aint up to anymore and thats why he has to move, which aint great.

or

This is the Summer soccer but more so the ten team league taking effect. The league itself is under pressure to cut cloth and good players cant stay warming benches.

This whole point hinges on your opinion of Baker. He was handy but off the boil of late. Will he comes up with the goods ... will he get get first team football ??

I have a few pints on me now aswell so take it with a grain od salt aswell. :)

Bosco
02/01/2004, 12:04 PM
Good to see.
Hopefully he'll cut his hair:D