PDA

View Full Version : Dan Nolan RIP

Ash
30/04/2009, 10:21 AM
Not sure if it has been posted here yet but I just read on ybig.ie that
Dan Nolan sadly passed away earlier this morning.

Most travelling Irish fans will have met Dan at some stage, a 70+ year old fan
with the enthuasim of a 20 year old and in his old words, a grumpy auld git until
he gets food.

Swore he'd never buy an Ireland jersey with eircom logo on it until John Delaney
wore a jersey with "Dan" on it.

Great character and great supporter who will be sadly missed.

Here's a pic of Dan from YBIG Issue 16

http://ybig.ie//dynamic/img/ybig_cover_web1.jpg

NeilMcD
30/04/2009, 11:56 AM
Very said news and as I said on YBIG a sad day for the Boys in Green.

Greenforever
30/04/2009, 12:14 PM
Dan was an absoloute gent and a great supporter, he will sadly be missed on our travels.

May he rest in peace

elroy
30/04/2009, 12:36 PM
Not sure if it has been posted here yet but I just read on ybig.ie that
Swore he'd never buy an Ireland jersey with eircom logo on it until John Delaney
wore a jersey with "Dan" on it.

Absolutely priceless line.

RIP.

Hibernian
30/04/2009, 1:26 PM
R.I.P

Good Story

gspain
30/04/2009, 2:26 PM
RIP knew the guy to see but never knew his name.

eirebhoy
30/04/2009, 5:00 PM
I think I met him in Bratislava. If it's the guy that stayed in the same hotel as the team and gave the players a bit of light hearted slaggings.

RIP

Moscow Mule
30/04/2009, 5:46 PM
Dan was a true gent and a lover of football. A very sad loss and one which I hope all of us going to Sofia can mark in some way.

RIP Dan

Saint Tom
30/04/2009, 6:07 PM
I think I met him in Bratislava. If it's the guy that stayed in the same hotel as the team and gave the players a bit of light hearted slaggings.

RIP

that's the very man eirebhoy. i met him for a midday discussion and pint the day after the disasterous last minute equaliser in bratislava. he went through every aspect of the game in great detail. he said to delaney as the players and officials coaches were leaving that he should "do the honourable thing!". on a sidenote it was that morning as they waited for the coaches to take them to prague that stephen ireland walked out.

he was an absolute character who lived for travelling to away gamesand will be missed in the future.

eirebhoy
30/04/2009, 6:29 PM
Ah cheers. I'm sure I met you too so. Or at least a Pats fan named Tom. ;)

Saint Tom
30/04/2009, 7:15 PM
i'd say that is a relatively exclusive club eirebhoy, pats fans named tom!

soccerc
30/04/2009, 8:02 PM
i'd say that is a relatively exclusive club eirebhoy, pats fans named tom!

Yeah, the rest of us are called "story bud"

finbarrk
01/05/2009, 8:42 AM
Did he travel to the away games with a few more men around the same go as himself?

SuperDub
01/05/2009, 4:06 PM
Very sad indeed met him on a few trips a real character. He will be sadly missed. rip

Greenforever
04/05/2009, 1:45 AM
Removal is 5pm Tuesday, Our Ladys Victories Church, Ballymun Rd,

Funeral Mass Weds 10am

Family would like people to wear their Ireland jerseys, according to posts on YBIG

horney
08/05/2009, 8:55 PM
poor ole divil r.i.p

Sligo Hornet
20/05/2009, 3:17 PM
At the request of Dan's best buddy Paul, and other members of his family, we will be taking a New Flag to all the games

http://i40.tinypic.com/nv2sls.jpg

NeilMcD
20/05/2009, 4:18 PM
Fair play Sligo. Looks the business.

Moscow Mule
20/05/2009, 7:34 PM
At the request of Dan's best buddy Paul, and other members of his family, we will be taking a New Flag to all the games

Spot on:)

supasparx
21/05/2009, 7:33 PM

Absolutely brilliant, Good man SH.:)
Making it's debut at the cottage??

Moscow Mule
21/05/2009, 7:45 PM
Absolutely brilliant, Good man SH.:)
Making it's debut at the cottage??

Good to hear from your Supas. Are you going to Fulham? Crowd of us meeting in Golden Lion early on and the flag will be with us.

Sligo Hornet
21/05/2009, 8:05 PM
Yes Dan's flag will be at Craven Cottage...and at several watering holes before and after the game:)................then AidoM will be instructed to take it with all his other flags (including the SLIGO HORNETS flag) to Sofia!;)

Superhoops
21/05/2009, 8:43 PM
Yes Dan's flag will be at Craven Cottage...and at several watering holes before and after the game:)................then AidoM will be instructed to take it with all his other flags (including the SLIGO HORNETS flag) to Sofia!;)

SH, where did you get the flag made?

Sligo Hornet
22/05/2009, 6:19 AM
SH, where did you get the flag made?

I got Dan's and my own from "aa flags in Co.Durham"
http://www.aaflags.co.uk/

Really good Company,excellent workmanship and very reasonable......the cost of Dan's (9ft x 4ft 6ins) was £70

AidoM
22/05/2009, 8:33 AM
Yes Dan's flag will be at Craven Cottage...and at several watering holes before and after the game................then AidoM will be instructed to take it with all his other flags (including the SLIGO HORNETS flag) to Sofia!

:confused: :mad: :D

finbarrk
25/05/2009, 10:24 AM
I got Dan's and my own from "aa flags in Co.Durham"
http://www.aaflags.co.uk/

Really good Company,excellent workmanship and very reasonable......the cost of Dan's (9ft x 4ft 6ins) was £70
That was reasonable.

NeilMcD
25/05/2009, 11:31 AM
What size did you go for Sligo. Great flag by the way. My T shirts arrived on Friday. Have to head to the gym for next two weeks though in a race to fit into it.

Moscow Mule
25/05/2009, 9:22 PM
What size did you go for Sligo. Great flag by the way. My T shirts arrived on Friday. Have to head to the gym for next two weeks though in a race to fit into it.

Neil,

Good luck on the treadmill. Being a fellow sportsman I know how much fun it is!!:):)

NeilMcD
25/05/2009, 9:32 PM
Neil,

Good luck on the treadmill. Being a fellow sportsman I know how much fun it is!!:):)

No treadmills for me. Not able to run yet and it would feck my knee up. Unless you are talking about the treadmill of life. The pool and the bike for me. Anyway the T shirt is great.

Sligo Hornet
26/05/2009, 6:29 AM

The Flag is 9ft x 4ft 6ins...so a pretty fair size!:).....good luck in the race to avoid that "second skin look" with your T shirt!:D