PDA

View Full Version : fingal match

Martinho II
24/04/2009, 6:56 PM
well lads,

I know everyone is depressed at the moment so I thought i might get the ball rolling. I am not confident with this game tommorrow night. I heard Alan Gough will be in goal tomorrow night as there are still issues with Chris Knocpkas permit. I wont go into too much detail but its not lookin good at all for Knocpka.

RonnieB
24/04/2009, 10:46 PM
I would be over the moon with a draw, wont make the match sadly.

Battery Rover
25/04/2009, 11:28 AM
well lads,

I know everyone is depressed at the moment so I thought i might get the ball rolling. I am not confident with this game tommorrow night. I heard Alan Gough will be in goal tomorrow night as there are still issues with Chris Knocpkas permit. I wont go into too much detail but its not lookin good at all for Knocpka.

As far as I know the biggest problem with getting work permits for players is that you have to pay the players national minimum wage of their country of origin

Longfordian
25/04/2009, 11:32 AM
Minimum wage in the US is lower than here isn't it?. We'd have to pay him the minimum wage here anyhow, so they'd have to specify how many hours a week he'd be working and pay him €8 or whatever the current minimum wage is, may work out more than it was originally intended to pay him I don't know.

Battery Rover
25/04/2009, 11:35 AM
Depends on the state in question but I believe federal is about $7.50 an hour based on a 40 hour week and then you have to provide health insurance etc. There are ways to reduce this by providing accomadation but that only drops it about €60

RonnieB
25/04/2009, 11:36 AM
**** it sounds like too much hassle, I will go in goal! Armed with a shovel..

Rocky77
25/04/2009, 12:09 PM
Won't make it to this and I'm seriously worried about getting tanked by Fingal. Not neccessarily to do with my absense either, you understand.

Pauro 76
25/04/2009, 12:52 PM
American bartenders/waiters earn below the minimum wage but get by on tips. Maybe we should do this, say we'll each chip in a few yoyos for each save he makes, and there you go, problem sorted, you're welcome! ;)

Martinho II
25/04/2009, 5:00 PM
As far as I know the biggest problem with getting work permits for players is that you have to pay the players national minimum wage of their country of origin

thats the exact problem.. who are we going to get in goal instead of knockpa? didnt alan gough and digger play together at shels can he not persuade him to come out of retirement?

atfconline
25/04/2009, 5:04 PM
Sure leave Gough there, he's doing fine. :)

Martinho II
25/04/2009, 5:25 PM
Sure leave Gough there, he's doing fine. :)

yeah right :rolleyes: he is better off on the touchline the lads miss him..

De Town
25/04/2009, 6:07 PM
wont make tonight, but am very fearful about it. 0-4 at least i'd say. hopefully im wrong though.

Rocky77
25/04/2009, 10:46 PM
thats the exact problem.. who are we going to get in goal instead of knockpa? didnt alan gough and digger play together at shels can he not persuade him to come out of retirement?

Yes they were teammates under Rico. Digger would play if asked but there's not much to be gained from it. There are several good young keepers around - John Perkins, the Ireland Futsal keeper who was on the books at Rovers until he fell out with Scully last year being one.

Keen2win
26/04/2009, 2:48 PM
Awful first half. Fingal were all over us and as someone said it was like an exhibition match! They looked like a league winning team! But it changed in the second half and I was delighted how we played and we looked good going forward. We hit the crossbar twice and had a shot saved off the line by a defender. Also Lynch nearly scored with a great attempt:) Ray Kenny was defensive midfielder and did alright. Glynn wasnt playing?? and Lynch was our only striker!
Gough looked very dodgy in goal despite a few decent saves and the sooner we get Knopcka the better.
Two away games next to UCD and Shels, god help us!!!
Sh!t crowd!! 250??

Martinho II
26/04/2009, 6:27 PM
Awful first half. Fingal were all over us and as someone said it was like an exhibition match! They looked like a league winning team! But it changed in the second half and I was delighted how we played and we looked good going forward. We hit the crossbar twice and had a shot saved off the line by a defender. Also Lynch nearly scored with a great attempt:) Ray Kenny was defensive midfielder and did alright. Glynn wasnt playing?? and Lynch was our only striker!
Gough looked very dodgy in goal despite a few decent saves and the sooner we get Knopcka the better.
Two away games next to UCD and Shels, god help us!!!
Sh!t crowd!! 250??

250 people seems right.. Im a bit encouraged after the second half performance but I dont still think that it will be good enough for the next two games.. What was the story with Derek Glynn not coming on at all? the second half happenings would have suited him..

hollocaine
26/04/2009, 8:05 PM
I think Glynn had been struggling with a neck injury and that's possibly the reason he didn't come on

L.T.F.C.
27/04/2009, 12:41 PM
scumbags of Fingal supporters recked the toilet

RonnieB
27/04/2009, 1:26 PM
scumbags of Fingal supporters recked the toilet

Ah ****, completly wrecked? They should be made pay for it.

atfconline
27/04/2009, 1:30 PM
Well now to be fair, having been in the toilets in Flancare, I can't imagine what they could have done to them to make them any worse.

L.T.F.C.
27/04/2009, 7:02 PM
Well now to be fair, having been in the toilets in Flancare, I can't imagine what they could have done to them to make them any worse.
that soesn't make it alright does it? destroying all the lights, bringing drugs in, abusing the stewards... none of that is okay.

Salmon Coloured
28/04/2009, 11:41 AM
that soesn't make it alright does it? destroying all the lights, bringing drugs in, abusing the stewards... none of that is okay.

Is this Section O were on about? Sounds like par for the course id say.