PDA

View Full Version : Bohs player accused of racsim.

Pages : [1] 2 3

SunderlandBohs
24/04/2009, 7:45 AM
No name given. But the case is be viewed by the F.A.I.

The accused player made the 'remake' towards Boco during last Saturday's game with Sligo Rovers.

If this true, the club should sack the player on the spot regardless who he is. This has no place with our club or the league for that matter.

Mayo Red
24/04/2009, 8:26 AM
Just heard this on the radio aswell, it said the referee mentioned it in his match report and quoted Fran Gavin as saying if it's found to be true they will ban the player for a maximum of 5 games! Was at the game myself and didn't notice Boco react out of the ordinary to anything that happened, but as any player knows there's a lot of banter going on in a game that people on the sidelines never see or hear about.

There's definately no excuses for that sort of behaviour at all and the ironic thing is that I wonder if the unnamed player would be as brave saying it to Joseph Ndo at training or on the team bus??

Rovers Maniac
24/04/2009, 8:31 AM
Just heard this on the radio aswell, it said the referee mentioned it in his match report and quoted Fran Gavin as saying if it's found to be true they will ban the player for a maximum of 5 games! Was at the game myself and didn't notice Boco react out of the ordinary to anything that happened, but as any player knows there's a lot of banter going on in a game that people on the sidelines never see or hear about.

There's definately no excuses for that sort of behaviour at all and the ironic thing is that I wonder if the unnamed player would be as brave saying it to Joseph Ndo at training or on the team bus??

Same as that and totally agree with it, One thing for sure though the FAI will need to be seen to act on this with the red card promotion campaign. What year is that player living in? Boco in my mind is very positive for the league, quality player.

Redie
24/04/2009, 8:39 AM

The accused player made the 'remake' towards Boco during last Saturday's game with Sligo Rovers.

If this true, the club should sack the player on the spot regardless who he is. This has no place with our club or the league for that matter.

Would be worse if he made a remark towards him!

Rovers Maniac
24/04/2009, 8:40 AM
Its a sad day when it is said by a fellow professional.

Mayo Red
24/04/2009, 8:41 AM
Same as that and totally agree with it, One thing for sure though the FAI will need to be seen to act on this with the red card promotion campaign. What year is that player living in? Boco in my mind is very positive for the league, quality player.

Agreed, it'd be interesting to hear Ndo's reaction if this is proven to be true because he is one of the main players featuring in the FAI's campaign!

SunderlandBohs
24/04/2009, 8:51 AM
Would be worse if he made a remark towards him!
Ar yoo sayin I cant spel!!!;)

Dodge
24/04/2009, 9:15 AM

Presumably the remake was of "Mississippi Burning"

Dalymountrower
24/04/2009, 9:18 AM
If any of the four officials heard the alleged remark the player should have been red-carded immediately and the player making the remark should also face a ban to be decided upon by the FAI Disciplinary Committee/Panel. Fran Gavin speculating on the ban that should be applied in a p[articular case is completely inappropriate as it could be said to be pre-judging any disciplinary process

If, on the other hand, the alleged remark was reported to the officials by Sligo or by the offended player or players, then we`re into investigation territory which may also now be predjudiced by Mr Gavins injudicious intervention.

JC_GUFC
24/04/2009, 9:23 AM
The sad thing is that this is nothing new. There have been plenty of cases before but that's not saying no action should be taken.

I'd imagine this incident happened at the end of the game as no player was sent off.

LeixlipRed
24/04/2009, 10:51 AM
Maximum 5 match ban? Wow, Fran that'll tell him. Take away his pocket money and ground him for a week too sure. Sackable offence and if Bohs don't sack the player responsible it's a complete disgrace.

RĂ©iteoir
24/04/2009, 11:48 AM
Maximum 5 match ban? Wow, Fran that'll tell him. Take away his pocket money and ground him for a week too sure. Sackable offence and if Bohs don't sack the player responsible it's a complete disgrace.

Agree fully - if the player concerned is found "guilty" of this then he should be shown the door

Rory H
24/04/2009, 11:50 AM
even in the player takes them to court, I'm pretty sure Bohs have a solicitor.

BrayUnknowns
24/04/2009, 11:52 AM
This happened a few years ago when Wes Charles was playing with us, a Waterford United player made a racist remark to him during a pre season friendly and Wes absolutely floored him. It was never brought to the FAI or mentioned in the refs report because at the time they didn't want another can of worms opened up.

If this player from Bohs is found guilty he should be sacked on the spot and the matter should be taken over by the Gardai. There is absolutely no place for this type of behaviour in our socity

Rovers1
24/04/2009, 11:55 AM
This happened a few years ago when Wes Charles was playing with us, a Waterford United player made a racist remark to him during a pre season friendly and Wes absolutely floored him.

Go on Big Wes!! :D

Whomever the culprit was has put a glitch in his own career. Hopefully something is done about it.

Boh_So_Good
24/04/2009, 12:39 PM
No excuse for racism on the pitch. I hope this matter is dealth with properly and fairly. No player should be using that behaviour during a match in this day and age.

And depending on the outcome I hope the Bohs directors follow suit and punish the player involved if is was indeed found to be racist.

Mr A
24/04/2009, 12:56 PM
OK, obviously I don't know the exact detail of what happened in this instance and the following comments are in a general sense. I appreciate that racism is a sensitive issue, but I can't help feeling a bit uncomfortable when people are talking about sackings for a racist remark (bearing in mind that footballers will often try to wind their opponents up whatever way they can) but guys can commit assaults on the pitch and get away with a bit of a suspension and a slap on the wrists.

Yes, racism is an evil in our society and needs to be combated, but is making a remark really worse than say head-butting an opponent? Don't get me wrong here- no doubt guilty parties should be punished and relatively harshly too, but there needs to be some level of perspective I think.

Dodge
24/04/2009, 1:01 PM
OK, obviously I don't know the exact detail of what happened in this instance and the following comments are in a general sense. I appreciate that racism is a sensitive issue, but I can't help feeling a bit uncomfortable when people are talking about sackings for a racist remark (bearing in mind that footballers will often try to wind their opponents up whatever way they can) but guys can commit assaults on the pitch and get away with a bit of a suspension and a slap on the wrists.

Yes, racism is an evil in our society and needs to be combated, but is making a remark really worse than say head-butting an opponent? Don't get me wrong here- no doubt guilty parties should be punished and relatively harshly too, but there needs to be some level of perspective I think.

rascist!!!

Mr A
24/04/2009, 1:04 PM
I bloody knew that would happen!

centre mid
24/04/2009, 1:06 PM
but is making a remark really worse than say head-butting an opponent?

Possibly worse in mind book, but its not just an attack on one player, its an attack on all people of the same race. I think you have to draw a distinction on banter about the colour of someones hair (for example) and what a racist comment is. I'd wait to actually get the facts of this before calling for anyone to be sacked.

Dodge
24/04/2009, 1:12 PM
Possibly worse in mind book, but its not just an attack on one player, its an attack on all people of the same race. I think you have to draw a distinction on banter about the colour of someones hair (for example) and what a racist comment is. I'd wait to actually get the facts of this before calling for anyone to be sacked.

In all seriousness, this is the point for me. Pointed attack about a person's colour simply isn't on. I wonder would the Bohs player responsible (if true) say the same thing to Joseph Ndo in training?

Oh and I've been witness to a fair few in my time following the league. David Crawley marking Mbabazi in Dundalk constantly gave him the worst racist abuse I've ever heard about 6/7 years ago

seand
24/04/2009, 1:17 PM

I think I'd prefer to be called a white ******* or a Paddy cnut (as happened when playing in England!) than receive a headbutt.

centre mid
24/04/2009, 1:20 PM
I think I'd prefer to be called a white ******* or a Paddy cnut (as happened when playing in England!) than receive a headbutt.

Thats just an attack on one person & while it might smart for a moment or two thats it, racism is a much darker and sinister proposition all together. Racists should be lined up and repeatedly headbutted.

placid casual
24/04/2009, 1:25 PM
racism is a much darker and sinister proposition [/B]all together.

That's an interesting use of language you have there.
To equate the word dark as applying to sinister is in itself racist in a way.

Joey ndo wouldnt go near the alleged perpetrator anyway cos he's a lazy bolli*
is that racist ?

Mr A
24/04/2009, 1:36 PM
Thats just an attack on one person & while it might smart for a moment or two thats it, racism is a much darker and sinister proposition all together. Racists should be lined up and repeatedly headbutted.

I don't see how what seand describes wouldn't be racist if doing the same to a member of a minority in Ireland would be.

To be on the safe side repeated headbutts all round I think.

disabledrog
24/04/2009, 1:36 PM
I suggest unless it was noted by the referee and action taken that no players should be named here hence why the bohs player wasnt mentioned as your innocent untill proven guilty, there was no mention of the above plyer saying anything to these players apart from the fans views so i think admin should remove the players name invplved

Dodge
24/04/2009, 1:44 PM
Didn't Crawley dish it out to Rutherford as well?

Well I'd imagine he would. Don't remember the two playing against each other when Rutherford was with Pats though

LeixlipRed
24/04/2009, 1:52 PM
Last season I assume he means. Crawley is a **** so I wouldn't be suprised. If he ever done it in earshot of me while in a Shels jersey I'd probably do a Wes Charles on him.

Redie
24/04/2009, 1:58 PM
I think we have to wait until we hear the full story, exactly what was said and in what context it was delivered - was the Bohs player trying to get a reaction from Boco that would get him sent off.

However if this proves to be out and out racist abuse then I agree with everyone who has said that a five match ban is totally inadequate. No point in running 'Show Racism The Red Card' campaigns if this sort of carry on is allowed on the field of play.

And well done to the referee if he included it in his match report and I have to say on the night he was one of the best referees to visit the Showgrounds in quite a while.

seand
24/04/2009, 3:52 PM
I suggest unless it was noted by the referee and action taken that no players should be named here hence why the bohs player wasnt mentioned as your innocent untill proven guilty, there was no mention of the above plyer saying anything to these players apart from the fans views so i think admin should remove the players name invplved

I'd suggest that unless David Crawley was noted by the referee and action taken he shouldn't be slandered here either, but it seems the horse has bolted on that one. (I think I'm in agreement with disabledrog here, not taking issue with him)

Dodge
24/04/2009, 3:55 PM
Its not slander (sic) if its true, and he's a dirty racist pig

SunderlandBohs
24/04/2009, 4:12 PM
If David Crawley is proven to be a racist then everyone should know.

It's sickening to thing people act like that in this day and age. And even worse that it was a player I regularly cheer on and admire. I'll probably be cheering him tonight. These guys have to realise they're role models if they like it or not.

Yes making a remark is a lot worse than a head-butt. Anyone can lose their cool in the heat of the moment but to make a comment on someones race, believes or sex is degrading.

seand
24/04/2009, 4:14 PM
Its not slander (sic) if its not true, and he's a dirty racist pig

Ah foot.ie, home of justice and due process. There's nothing like a good kangaroo court.... sorry, is that anti-Oz racism?

Incidentally it most certainly is slander if it's not true!

bennocelt
24/04/2009, 4:35 PM
Just curious - someone mentioned the police, what exactly could they do?

In the heat of a football match I can understand all sorts of comments TBH

I also get called a "paddy", "spud", etc daily in my job over here in the UK- doesnt bother me, give as good as i can take (winning the 6 nations helped!)

passerrby
24/04/2009, 4:38 PM
im not a racist but see them romanians.. ...

before the moral police break my door down im kidding... incidentaly trail by forum is just as bad a racism which at the end of the day is nothing more than ignorance

SolitudeRed
24/04/2009, 5:21 PM
This is great! so the next time I get called a Northy barsteward or a f**king Unionist by some Galway Culchie I can phone the Gards then? :D

thischarmingman
24/04/2009, 5:38 PM
...some of my best friends are black.

GuisaSaigon
24/04/2009, 5:46 PM
This is great! so the next time I get called a Northy barsteward or a f**king Unionist by some Galway Culchie I can phone the Gards then? :D

Who are you calling a culchie. Racist!

Predator
24/04/2009, 6:00 PM
Thats just an attack on one person & while it might smart for a moment or two thats it, racism is a much darker and sinister proposition all together.

Ah, no. Technically, calling someone a 'white b*st*rd' or a 'Paddy' is the same as calling someone else, of a different race or ethnicity, a derogatory name. It is name-calling at the end of the day. People over-react - why should someone calling me a 'paddy' be different to someone calling an African a 'black bstrd'???

Real racism would be to not let the guy play, simply because of his background surely?

Predator
24/04/2009, 6:09 PM
...some of my best friends are black.
Do you mean their second name is Black? :p

Black and White
24/04/2009, 6:41 PM
In order to figure it out who the bohs player is, look at this weeks lineup and see if anyone who plays in midfield or defence is missing who would normally play, I have a slight idea already who it is but im not guna say!

Dodge
24/04/2009, 8:44 PM
Real racism would be to not let the guy play, simply because of his background surely?

Really, thats how you'd define racism?

Predator
24/04/2009, 9:46 PM
Really, thats how you'd define racism?

No, that wasn't a definitive description. It was simply an example of something which I'd consider to be racism -including physical exclusion among others.

All I'm saying is that people over-react to 'racist comments' when it involves a supposed minority, but, as one poster said, he wouldn't consider calling an Irish man a 'Paddy' a racist slur. If the player in question has maliciously targeted Boco with real venom and disgust, then yes, I suppose it can be considered racist, but since we don't know exactly what was said, it could possibly only be harmless name-calling in the midst of the game.

LeixlipRed
24/04/2009, 9:57 PM
Harmless name-calling? Will you ever go and ****e. Any racist remark is not even slightly harmless. Stop being a bloody apologist.

Weatherman
24/04/2009, 10:08 PM
In order to figure it out who the bohs player is, look at this weeks lineup and see if anyone who plays in midfield or defence is missing who would normally play, I have a slight idea already who it is but im not guna say!

think we all know who it is at this stage!! just seen the team there and a name stands out that isnt there alrite!

Aaron
24/04/2009, 10:12 PM
think we all know who it is at this stage!! just seen the team there and a name stands out that isnt there alrite!

Centre Half?

Weatherman
24/04/2009, 10:17 PM
thats the one!

niallsparky
24/04/2009, 10:18 PM
Centre Half?

A certain centre half was sitting in Block B tonight, didn't manage to make the bench strangely enough.

Weatherman
24/04/2009, 10:20 PM
no mention of him being injured or suspended for the match either so i presume its him involved?

Predator
24/04/2009, 10:25 PM
Harmless name-calling? Will you ever go and ****e. Any racist remark is not even slightly harmless. Stop being a bloody apologist.

Point is, you don't know until the facts are out. I'm not advocating racism here!