PDA

View Full Version : Everton

Angus
22/04/2009, 10:11 PM
Now officially one of my favourite teams. Doing it the old fashioned way ie bringing young players in and shaping a team around them, the whole better than the sum of the parts, excellent manager, excellent youth system, very good players, good defence, very quick and play football the right way

Hats off to all - I really hope they break the big 4 again next year with hopefully the charlatans across Stanley Park losing out, again

Top top drawer - I was at a Fizzy Cup game in Upton park a few years ago and spoke to some of the backroom staff in the hotel afterwards - approachable, buzzed with their win and performance - top drawer

irishultra
22/04/2009, 10:28 PM
In fairness they have spent a bit of money, like wasn't felliani 16 million or something crazy like that?

But I do agree Moyes is a fantastic manager. I remember back years ago, Everton were always the team to finish 16th or 15th in England, and were generally muck but ever since he took over, apart from one season(the year after they qualifed for Champions League) they have been a top 7 side.

rambler14
23/04/2009, 12:52 AM
My 2nd favourite prem team after Man Utd of course!

How many teams could play half a season without a striker and still stay in touch?

David Moyes is my shout for next Man Utd manager. What a find Felliani is, they paid 16 million for him, after the season he just put down they could sell him for way more.

SkStu
23/04/2009, 1:21 AM
been an Everton fan since 87, went to the cup finals in 89 and 96. Theres certainly been many ups and downs and i hated them for a long time. Gotta say Moyes is quality. This season has really proven how good he is, i was thinking we were bottom 10 for sure this season.

Good days to be a Toffee. But im not sure if we can ever make that final step up without a new ground and serious investment.

DeLorean
23/04/2009, 10:51 AM
been an Everton fan since 87, went to the cup finals in 89 and 96. Theres certainly been many ups and downs and i hated them for a long time. Gotta say Moyes is quality. This season has really proven how good he is, i was thinking we were bottom 10 for sure this season.

Good days to be a Toffee. But im not sure if we can ever make that final step up without a new ground and serious investment.

I presume you mean 95? unless of course you went to see the lesser scousers lose to King Eric!!!

There could be a lot of Irish hovering around Wembley this year actually with the Nigeria match the night before. Probably even snap up a ticket for 300-400 bucks!!

SkStu
23/04/2009, 8:31 PM
I presume you mean 95? unless of course you went to see the lesser scousers lose to King Eric!!!

i meant 95... :o

my only other trip to see them was in Goodison when United beat Everton 3-2. Limpar played brilliant (as did a very young Scholes and Beckham who even at that stage looked brilliant). Also 1995, i think. :o

NeilMcD
23/04/2009, 8:37 PM
Will be in Goodison in a few weeks for the home game against Spurs. I must say I like Goodison as a ground.

DeLorean
24/04/2009, 10:41 AM
i meant 95... :o

my only other trip to see them was in Goodison when United beat Everton 3-2. Limpar played brilliant (as did a very young Scholes and Beckham who even at that stage looked brilliant). Also 1995, i think. :o

Oh yes I remember it actually. That was after Fergie's big everything must go sale, Kanchelskis, Hughes and Ince.

Roadend
24/04/2009, 10:56 AM
the charlatans across Stanley Park losing out, again

"Ifidadn'tabeenfor....." :D:rolleyes::D

NeilMcD
26/04/2009, 12:55 PM
Heart goes out to Phil Jagielka after his serious knee injury yesterday. Great player this season. Going to miss the cup final too.

DeLorean
27/04/2009, 5:40 PM
Heart goes out to Phil Jagielka after his serious knee injury yesterday. Great player this season. Going to miss the cup final too.

Ya an absolute catastrophe for him and a big blow to Everton.

Stuttgart88
27/04/2009, 10:03 PM
I think Tim Cahill is a massively underrated player. There are very few teams he'd not improve.

Phil Neville has had a great season and the two centre backs are very good - Lescott would walk into the Arsenal team. Terrible luck for Jagielka.