PDA

View Full Version : LOI Team of the Week Round Eight

A face
21/04/2009, 5:32 PM
LOI Team of the Week Round Eight

Check out the latest addition to our exclusive Team of the Week feature that will be updated after every round of games. There were twelve goals scored, two clean sheets kept, and plenty of major talking points from the five games in Round Six.

Shamrock Rovers have two representatives in our selection after beating Galway United, while Sligo Rovers, Cork City, and Bray Wanderers also have two players included. Our team is selected by gathering as much information from reliable sources at each game as well as having some of our own reporters at specific matches.

Read more at www.setanta.com (http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/Football/2009/04/21/LOI-Team-of-the-Week-Round-Eight/gnid-49340/)

sligoman
21/04/2009, 5:58 PM
Ken Oman should not be there.

thischarmingman
21/04/2009, 7:22 PM
Why didn't Kavanagh start on Friday?

sligoman
21/04/2009, 7:30 PM
Why didn't Kavanagh start on Friday?I assume because he's just back from injury.

peadar1987
21/04/2009, 7:30 PM
He's recovering from an ankle ligament injury he got in the Galway game. Seemed to be okay when he came on though, so hopefully he'll be back in full action soon enough

Roo69
21/04/2009, 9:36 PM
Kavanagh should been in there IMO, coming back from injury and came on at half time and ran Derry ragged. He totally changed the game when he came on. Can't wait to get him back fully fit.

micls
22/04/2009, 11:31 AM
Denis shoudlnt have been there, appalling for 87 mins then a great goal. Billy Dennehy on the other hand should, outstanding in the game and been a revelation for us.

Most fans thinking we got the better deal in the Dennehy/Kearney swap

mrtndvn
22/04/2009, 12:24 PM
Denis shoudlnt have been there, appalling for 87 mins then a great goal. Billy Dennehy on the other hand should, outstanding in the game and been a revelation for us.

Most fans thinking we got the better deal in the Dennehy/Kearney swap

Most fans I know would rather Santa Claus to Dennehy.

Kearney hasnt been brilliant so far but he's a lot better than Dennehy.

micls
22/04/2009, 12:42 PM
Most fans I know would rather Santa Claus to Dennehy.

He played what, 5 games for ye? The lad is gonna be a star. Our play of the season so far and chipped in with 2 league goals too. His pace is fantastic. A small bit more composure in front of goal and he'd score a lot more. Young and raw enough but I'd be shocked if he wasn't the best winger in the league in a year or two.

Kearney hasnt been brilliant so far but he's a lot better than Dennehy.
Than Dennehy was for ye. Id say if you compare the 2 lads performances this season Dennehy would be well on top.Far more of an out and out winger too with his final ball constantly improving.

Kearney won't settle for Derry, maybe the same was the case with Dennehy. He's closer to home now which probably helps.

Black and White
22/04/2009, 12:50 PM
I thought Chris Turner had a brillaint game yet again for us the other night and should have made it into this yet again.

Dunny
22/04/2009, 1:05 PM
They stil haven't given Xano a mention..:(

Umberside
22/04/2009, 5:23 PM
They stil haven't given Xano a mention..:(

Xano's brilliant all right.:rolleyes: