PDA

View Full Version : Worst Buy

smasher
21/04/2009, 3:34 PM
Reckon Berbatov has been the biggest waste of money this season.

endabob1
21/04/2009, 3:46 PM
He is so technically gifted his languid style can often appear lazy, either that or he just is bone idle. I thought he started well enough but appears to have lost interest, just like he did at Spurs, no real surprise to anyone who watched a lot of him especially away from WHL where he very rarely showed up.
I genuinely thought the bigger stage might pull him out of the stupor he appeared to go into post Carling Cup last season but I am now of the belief that he is just a lazy bugger.

DeLorean
21/04/2009, 4:25 PM
The money was crazy for a 28yr old but they knew what they were paying for when they made the deal. Any Spurs fan will say that they had a love/hate relationship with him and he's the same at United. As for the penalty the last day I'm less tempted to jump on the bandwagon here. Of course it looked dreadful but he pretty much took the same penalty in the CC Final last year and was applauded for his composure, admittedly the major difference being it went in.

He drives me mad though and more so because he is preferred to Tevez. You couldn't get two more opposite attitudes. Ability wise I don't think there's an awful lot between them, Berbatov's touch being better but Tevez's willingness to run himself into the ground makes up for that a million times over.

Can't think of anybody to add to the list (presuming we're taking about this season) so this might turn into a Berbatov forum, Robinho pops into the head but probably a bit harsh.

Ciprian Marica
21/04/2009, 9:52 PM
Robbie Keane and Andrea Dossena spring to mind. In fairness, the Keane transfer just didn't work out for whatever reason. Dossena has just been terrible.

Mr Maroon
21/04/2009, 10:18 PM
Juve's transfer "guru" Alessio Secco has made some real stinkers:

Christian "much better than Xabi Alonso" Poulsen.
Tiago "lock your boss in the bathroom" Mendes.
Sergio "the next Veron" Almiron

Soon to be added to that list:
Fabio "too old for Real or Napoli but just right for us" Cannavaro.

old git
21/04/2009, 11:24 PM
Juve's transfer "guru" Alessio Secco has made some real stinkers:

Christian "much better than Xabi Alonso" Poulsen.
Tiago "lock your boss in the bathroom" Mendes.
Sergio "the next Veron" Almiron

Soon to be added to that list:
Fabio "too old for Real or Napoli but just right for us" Cannavaro.

philip senderos at arsenal... but credit arsenal for getting him offloaded to a c milan seems they definatly have a problem with good scouts in italy..

Closed Account 2
22/04/2009, 8:44 AM
By the sheer size of the fee it has to be Berbartov, but Dave Kitson should get a mention £5.5 million, 16 games no goals, Stoke loaned him back to Reading and got Beattie in to replace him in the end.

Revies pitbull
22/04/2009, 8:59 AM
Berbatov on his day can be sublime but that's a rare occasion..and after a good start to the season, Robinho is having a stinker for Citeh...Digard to Boro has been a bad yin but I reckon he'll be better next season IF they stay up...

DeLorean
22/04/2009, 10:53 AM
By the sheer size of the fee it has to be Berbartov, but Dave Kitson should get a mention £5.5 million, 16 games no goals, Stoke loaned him back to Reading and got Beattie in to replace him in the end.

Beattie could be top of an opposite list. What a super deal for Stoke.

Pauro 76
23/04/2009, 3:51 PM
Afonso Alves....

irishultra
23/04/2009, 8:52 PM
Hleb-Barcelona
Van Der Vaart-Real Madrid
Keane-Liverpool
Berbatov-Manchester United
Poulsen-Juventus
Queresma(sp?)-Inter

Neish
24/04/2009, 10:12 AM
Berbatov for me, he is taking over from Ronaldo as my most hated united player(and I'm a United fan). Unless the ball is played within 5-10 yards of him he doesn't seem interested. I would have Tevez on everytime before him (only problem with that Tevez and Rooney are too similar)

endabob1
24/04/2009, 10:36 AM
Bentley at Spurs has been a massive flop for 16m, the only positive is that it has been the kick up the ar$e Lennon needed to get his game back in order

DeLorean
24/04/2009, 10:46 AM
(only problem with that Tevez and Rooney are too similar)

That wasn't a problem last season when they were practically playing 4-3-3 with Ronaldo Rooney and Tevez, despite everybody thinking they were too similar at the start of the season.

joema
25/04/2009, 12:40 AM
Giovanni Dos Santos

Mr Maroon
25/04/2009, 4:14 PM
Queresma(sp?)-Inter

and Mancini and Muntari..... all of Mourinho's signings!

rambler14
26/04/2009, 10:11 PM
Nani..........worst signing by Fergie ever!

irishultra
26/04/2009, 10:30 PM
and Mancini and Muntari..... all of Mourinho's signings!

lol true. wtf muntari tho, what was he thinking? muntari worked in england, and i could have imagined him playing in Spain for like Villarreal or Sevilla as an enforcer but just his style doesn't suit Serie A at all.

MikeBassett
27/04/2009, 1:33 AM
I reckon Berbatov, he annoys the sh1t out of me. His attitude is terrible, what a waste of £30 million

Oink
27/04/2009, 11:38 AM

100% agree, £15million worth and the man couldnt cross an eyebrow. Joker

twofooted
27/04/2009, 12:55 PM
100% agree, £15million worth and the man couldnt cross an eyebrow. Joker

Nani is a clown ya, terrible player. This year Robbie and Berba have been huge flops though

DeLorean
27/04/2009, 1:34 PM

I thought he showed some promise last season but has not kicked on and has looked dreadful when called apon this season. Kleberson and Djemba-Djembawould run him close but I suppose he did cost a lot more money.

KK77
27/04/2009, 1:57 PM
Tevez to Liverpool in the summer should be interesting.

reder
27/04/2009, 2:35 PM
Tevez to Liverpool in the summer should be interesting.

That would be amazing but I dont see it happening.

Dont know about you Rafa B but I think it would be madness to sell Agger and Alonso. I still expect the Barry/Alonso in and out to be hot on the agenda once the season is over.

It is common knowledge that Benitez and Agger dont get on but it would awful to think that "getting on with Rafa" is one of tke key criteria for being part of the squad. I cant see a footballing reason to let him go with Sami leaving and Carra getting on in years.

KK77
27/04/2009, 2:39 PM
That would be amazing but I dont see it happening.

Dont know about you Rafa B but I think it would be madness to sell Agger and Alonso. I still expect the Barry/Alonso in and out to be hot on the agenda once the season is over.

It is common knowledge that Benitez and Agger dont get on but it would awful to think that "getting on with Rafa" is one of tke key criteria for being part of the squad. I cant see a footballing reason to let him go with Sami leaving and Carra getting on in years.

Barry/Alonso is a given at this stage. I won't be happy:mad: Rumours Agger has turned down a new contract again won't be happy:mad:

DeLorean
27/04/2009, 4:33 PM
Surely after the season Alonso has had Rafa will think twice. I think Barry is a fine player by the way but would be trying to sign him without losing Alonso. One of Liverpool's biggest problems it that anytime Alonso/Mascherano isn't playing then in comes Lucas who isn't up to it. I've a feeling United will eventually cave in the Tevez affair. I can see him scoring another few vital goals before the seasons out and that might just seal the deal, not that he hasn't scored enough already.

Closed Account 2
27/04/2009, 8:08 PM
But a lot of it is about playing time. Maradona has told Tevez he must be playing regularly or he wont be getting into the Argentine squad. They have a lot of talent that is playing regularly (Lavezzi, Agüero, Messi, German Denis, Zarate, Bergessio, Cavenaghi, Diego Milito) and all of these players are playing more frequently than him. If he went to somewhere like Roma, HSV, Atletio he wouldn't be dropping down that much in terms of quality and he would be certain of a place in the squad.

I think he'll go, to be honest Ferguson / Man Utd have treated him very badly. He wanted to sign a contract but it was always rebuffed and you get the feeling he'll just say "Sod this" and sign for someone else. I think he's their best striker at the moment and if they get rid of him they could be in trouble.

rambler14
27/04/2009, 8:33 PM
German Denis,

What a name! I had to google him to make sure he was real:D

Closed Account 2
28/04/2009, 12:05 AM
He's actually a very underrated striker, a bit of a target man, who was playing well with Lavezzi for Napoli earlier this season but since Donadoni took over he prefers the Uruguayan Zalayeta.

DeLorean
28/04/2009, 9:19 AM
I think Hamburg or Roma would be a massive step down to be honest. If he leaves England surely it'll be Spain.

Pious37
28/04/2009, 10:34 AM
Everyone saying Nani is crap should remember that he has won a champions league medal, just like Djimi Traore :D

gustavo
28/04/2009, 10:37 AM
Everyone saying Nani is crap should remember that he has won a champions league medal, just like Djimi Traore :D
No , They really shouldn't.

MikeBassett
13/05/2009, 11:58 PM
When is Ferguson going to realise that Berbatov is not worthy to be at a club of Man Utd's stature. He is a complete waste of space on the pitch, he slows the game down big time and takes way too much out of the ball way too often. He often gets caught dwelling on the ball, he annoys the sh1t out of me anyway. I don't know how he was left on at the JJB tonight for 88 minutes because he was an utter embarrassment and a disgrace

gaiscíoch
14/05/2009, 8:48 AM
I serious don't understand some people? Berbatov is leading a the assists charts in the premier league with 10 assists and has 9 goals. I don't think that is a bad contribution.

Fair enough he won't set the world alight like Torres but Berbatov is not Torres.
I think he is amazing to watch and could have assisted another 2 but for a very poor finish by Rooney and Ronaldo.
Just because he doesn't hare around the place at 100mph doesn't make him a bad player.
He may not be everyones cup of tea but he is exceptionally talented.

DeLorean
14/05/2009, 9:34 AM
I would agree with that for the most part alright. I used really enjoy watching him when he was at Spurs because the bad stuff didn't really matter to me. At United though I find him very frustrating but you're right, he's effective enough at times and he has great quality.