Virgin Media have seemingly blocked MNS in the north this week. :mad:
Why??

adamd164
20/04/2009, 7:10 PM
doolin really is a dick isnt he
What did he say?

DRDoc
20/04/2009, 7:13 PM
Doolin basically said that the players were going in the wrong direction inder the previous manager - and that he now has them going the right way

gael353
20/04/2009, 7:23 PM
first time seeing it this season and its shockingly badly put together. waste of time with the inroducing of the panel. total waste of time with all the panel discussions which go on and on for ages. The Dundalk Cork footage was woeful. Too long, showing rubbish after rubbish. If the quality isnt there in the game, dont show it. The panel discussion after the dundalk cork game was all about cork and dundalk but not on the match. :rolleyes:

In putting music to the footage there simply saying that the games are ****e why put in music? Sligo Bohs was much better footage. Now loads of pat and rico complimenting each other with stupid jokes...add break

bray derry was the right length but again more talk after each game how bout doing a cluster of games before getting into discussion?

galway rovers.....ive seen the footage on youtube in the last few days and one thing that helps is atmosphere. but because of the music and the voiceover we can barely here it. youtube footage was far better.

thunder strike...dont come to my club please.........add break

adds are interesting

pats drogs//// drogs fans looking good, again, again, again and finally again. Jeff Kenna crap tie...

fans e mails and photos are good.

in contrast to this tripe, RTE through their free promotion of the GAA in the off season produce excellent, reminders of your identity with underdogs,(in ur nations tongue) celibrity bannisteor...concept: anyone can get involved, friday nights promo programme about the GAA, all wetting your apitite for the comming big games via the sunday game.

adamd164
20/04/2009, 8:23 PM
Doolin basically said that the players were going in the wrong direction inder the previous manager - and that he now has them going the right way
Well, I think Doolin's methods will prove more effective than Mathews'. And it's not like Mathews' teams play attractive football anyway.

So I'd agree with him.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
20/04/2009, 10:10 PM
I have to say I did notic that the analysis on each game was very long tonight.

A face
20/04/2009, 10:14 PM
I have to say I did notic that the analysis on each game was very long tonight.

I thought it was good and all panelists this week offered alot to the discussion. Great programme, i know they dont always get it right but i thought it was great this week.

Rovers Maniac
20/04/2009, 10:18 PM
Well, I think Doolin's methods will prove more effective than Mathews'. And it's not like Mathews' teams play attractive football anyway.

So I'd agree with him.

Can't see how you can come to that conclusion. Longford were actually not a bad football team when he was in charge of them, i would consider what i seen of Cork this year and playing more direct than last year i thought Mathews tried to play football and from i hear Drogs actually are playing the ball on the ground this year and have been unlucky. So like i said not sure how you came to that conclusion.

The Lilywhites
20/04/2009, 10:24 PM
The show was alright but how hard is it to spell Finn Harps?

DmanDmythDledge
20/04/2009, 10:25 PM
Can't see how you can come to that conclusion. Longford were actually not a bad football team when he was in charge of them, i would consider what i seen of Cork this year and playing more direct than last year i thought Mathews tried to play football and from i hear Drogs actually are playing the ball on the ground this year and have been unlucky. So like i said not sure how you came to that conclusion.
I've never bought into the myth that Matthews' teams play rubbish football either. Always play mostly a short passing team when I've seen any of his teams play.

Mr A
20/04/2009, 10:28 PM
C'mon the Haprs!

MariborKev
20/04/2009, 10:39 PM
WTF was Rico on about regarding the peno shout with Brennan.

"Extrapolating the parameters".I thought I was back in a stats class......

Sumac
21/04/2009, 8:08 AM
I have to say I really enjoyed it - Great mix of footage, analysis and a bit of fun.

WoodquayBoy
21/04/2009, 8:13 AM
anyone notice something strange about Pat Morleys hair?
Yeah, something funny sticking out in the front of it I thought.
I thought it was a fairly poor show, Tony O'Donoghue got the names of the 'keepers in the Utd-Rovers match wrong on a couple of occasions, and while it is great to see them give a footballer whose career was cruelly cut short a chance on the couch, could they try and ensure he knows what he is talking about? His analysis was p*ss poor and he, at times, contradicted himself. Can't see them keeping this on next year, Con's 'announcement' of the stuff on the website sounded to me like a desperate plea for people to log on to it so they can record decent site traffic to justify the whole thing

pete
21/04/2009, 9:46 AM
I thought it was one of the better episodes. Rico was in fine form :cool:

WindmillWarrior
21/04/2009, 9:52 AM

Dead right there Rovers Maniac. The football Mathews team is serving up this year is a pleasure to watch compared to last seasons dross under Doolin. It looked to me like Cork played some decent stuff under Mathews last season as well

Jersey Cow
21/04/2009, 9:56 AM
Pity the reporter (Tony O'Donoghue??) on the Galway v Hoops match didn't do his homework beforehand as he referred to Barry Murphy playing in goal for Rovers, yet it was Robert Duggan and then he said Murphy took off a great save from one of the Sean O'Connor in the 2nd half!!...:eek: It was indeed the Galway keeper (Barry Ryan!) who saved from the Rovers player! ;)

Nah Nah Nah Nah
21/04/2009, 11:49 AM

Yeah encouraging players to dive and all that

Larry 'da' Wyse
21/04/2009, 11:52 AM
WTF was Rico on about regarding the peno shout with Brennan.

"Extrapolating the parameters".I thought I was back in a stats class......

I liked his comment that as manager of Cork you are expected to win the league or as least lose it by a small margin.

monutdfc
21/04/2009, 11:54 AM
Pity the reporter (Tony O'Donoghue??) on the Galway v Hoops match didn't do his homework beforehand as he referred to Barry Murphy playing in goal for Rovers, yet it was Robert Duggan and then he said Murphy took off a great save from one of the Sean O'Connor in the 2nd half!!...:eek: It was indeed the Galway keeper (Barry Ryan!) who saved from the Rovers player! ;)
Tony reported on the FAI Cup draw a few seasons ago and when Fairview Rangers were drawn against Shelbourne "RTE's Soccer Correspondent" declared it a local derby

the-blue-harp
21/04/2009, 12:11 PM

i agree, he knows what he's talking about. He has a wealth of knowledge on the game and probably a load of other stuff too. I was impressed by him a lot on last nights show.

apart from the diving comments.

Dyl10
21/04/2009, 2:43 PM
People can talk about teams playing "football" all they want, results put points on the boards.
Cork are up to third with a team of defenders. I went to watch the rovers game up here and as far as attackers are concerned, they don't have any. Cork's attacking 4 would struggle to hold then a place in any of the other teams in the top 5.

Doolin's tactics were effective in Europe with Drogheda and after a poor start with Cork, results are improving.

gufc2000
21/04/2009, 3:31 PM
He also misplaced a number of our lads aswell:

Barry Ryan in the Rovers goal intercepted cross meant for Derek O'Brien.
Sean Kelly (Edwards) almost getting on end of cross.
Terrific save from Murphy (Ryan) too.
Derek O'Brien (Edwards) linked with Jay O'Shea.

Looks bad if noticed on TV

adamd164
21/04/2009, 4:45 PM
People can talk about teams playing "football" all they want, results put points on the boards.
Cork are up to third with a team of defenders. I went to watch the rovers game up here and as far as attackers are concerned, they don't have any. Cork's attacking 4 would struggle to hold then a place in any of the other teams in the top 5.

Doolin's tactics were effective in Europe with Drogheda and after a poor start with Cork, results are improving.
Well said. Doolin's job is to put points on the board and he's starting to do it.

In response to the other poster, you mentioned Longford, but what about us last year under Mathews? Awful to watch.

Umberside
21/04/2009, 4:57 PM
True. You could argue Derry play the best football in the league but it's Bohs who are top because they realise when they have to change the system.

However, you cannot win a league without a bit of flair which was evidently lacking especially in our first three matches of this season. We didn't offer anything up front, and got punished.

A balance of both is what's needed, but neither Doolin or Mathews have the balance.

adamd164
21/04/2009, 5:52 PM
Not sure about that, what flair had Drogs up front when they won the league?

Sheridan
21/04/2009, 5:54 PM
Fabio at the start, Bates at the end. Zayed did well in between.

adamd164
21/04/2009, 6:02 PM
Not sure I'd rate them any higher than Faz/O'Neill/Siligailis. Well, time will tell anyway.

A face
21/04/2009, 9:42 PM
Does the website still have the extended interviews with players and managers etc. as opposed to the cut down versions that appear on the MNS programme.

Sheridan
21/04/2009, 9:51 PM
Con Murphy mentions them every week, but I can't find them. :confused:

CuanaD
22/04/2009, 12:10 PM
Does the website still have the extended interviews with players and managers etc. as opposed to the cut down versions that appear on the MNS programme.
i've sent them an email asking where the extendeds are now & asking that they be linked easily on each game-review page