PDA

View Full Version : Castlebar Celtic FC

Pages : [1] 2

gunner1
20/04/2009, 6:22 PM
well done to the lads, good win on the road at the weekend . any reports

gunner1
26/04/2009, 8:36 PM
ringmahon were one up after twenty mins and were comfortably the better team at that stage. then came the turning point in the game, a cross from the right was flicked on at the near post, with a celtic player ready to nod it in a defender handled it and took it off his head. penalty and a straight red card. from then on celtic were the better team but ringmahon were still dangerous on the break.second half ringmahon lost the plot.firstly came red card number 2 which imo was unlucky the centre half jumped with his arms as every player does and caught ioseph reilly flush in the jaw.it certainly wasnt deliberate and he immediately apologised but the ref had already flashed the red card.spoke to him afterwards and was apologetic but said it was an accident i certainly believed him seemed like a genuine guy to me. celtic inevitably scored the second shortly afterwards and were going to win comfortably at this stage then finally ringmahons number 6 got his wish and got himslf sent off aswell with an awful challenge hed already been booked and it was only a matter of time till it happened his attitude was terrible. celtic then got the third and game over the cork side tried hard to have another player sent off before the end and should have succeeded only the ref obviously decided 3 was enough. could have been a good game but for indisipline on the cork side they certainly showed signs of what they cud do early on however credit to the celtic players who kept their heads well when everyone around them coundnt even find theirs

Closing Time
27/04/2009, 2:05 PM
Fair report but IMO the centre half new what he was doing. If everyone jumped they way the CH did you would have no one left on the pitch. I was right beside the incident and the ref got it right. Yes was nice guy off the pitch but not in this case. He never even prostested about the card. That says it all.

ExCiTeD
27/04/2009, 2:17 PM
Fair report but IMO the centre half new what he was doing. If everyone jumped they way the CH did you would have no one left on the pitch. I was right beside the incident and the ref got it right. Yes was nice guy off the pitch but not in this case. He never even prostested about the card. That says it all.
agree it was a red card but genuinely dont think he meant it.i see a few of there "supporters" disgraced themselves on sat night in there accomodation

AvondaleNutter
27/04/2009, 10:20 PM
Pity they got those players sent off, from what i heard the Keeper from Castlebar could have went in the first half for bringing down one of the ringmahons players. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if it wasn't for ringmahons indiscipline. So what happened in their accomodation?

27/04/2009, 11:10 PM
Pity they got those players sent off, from what i heard the Keeper from Castlebar could have went in the first half for bringing down one of the ringmahons players. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if it wasn't for ringmahons indiscipline. So what happened in their accomodation?I taught he may have been sent off aswell, I think Jennings took down the Ringmahon player. Jennings was at fault foir the Ringmahn goal but went on to make a brilliant save in the second half. In the end Celtic deserved the win and now go away to Mayfield on the 23rd/24th May.

AvondaleNutter
28/04/2009, 1:26 PM
The Mayfield game will be interesting as Mayfield and Ringmahon have been neck and neck all season. The result will tell alot for Ringmahon, to see if they kept their head, could they have actually won the game???

Closing Time
28/04/2009, 5:05 PM
The Mayfield game will be interesting as Mayfield and Ringmahon have been neck and neck all season. The result will tell alot for Ringmahon, to see if they kept their head, could they have actually won the game???
We will never know, but they looked the better team with 11 players but nothing between the teams at that stege. It all changed with the hand ball (foolish) but Rangers still held their own with 10 men. But most people at the ground would have put money on Rangers to win with 11 men.

Closing Time
28/04/2009, 5:10 PM
Best of luck to the U-12, U-16 & U-18's in the connacht Cup finals at the weekend. Celtic, Mervue & Salthill have two teams in the Cup finals and Celtic one in a sheild final. Not surprisng three best youth clubs in Connacht by a long way.

pavillion.road
07/05/2009, 6:18 PM
Will celtic have many heading to tullamore this saturday? 3 points would be nice, but will be hard got

threefivetwo
08/05/2009, 12:20 PM
very short on players think we only have 13 or 14 dec was saying the last night, a lot of fellas can't make it because of other commitments, studyin etc..

hoop4life
09/05/2009, 3:29 PM
u18 quigley cup semi final
celtic 4-1 achill

decent performance. celtic missing 11 players from last weeks connaught cup win. celtic looking for 4 quigley cups in a row

10/05/2009, 7:02 PM
Tullamore Town 0 2 Castlebar Celtic
Dravins, Rowland

Closing Time
10/05/2009, 11:46 PM
Great result in Tullamore. Well done all

theboy
11/05/2009, 4:20 PM
Tullamore Town 0 2 Castlebar Celtic
Dravins, Rowland

good result away from home. any report on the game?

Closing Time
13/05/2009, 4:43 PM
Big derby game at the weekend when Dec & Harry's lads meet Galway Utd in Celtic Park @ 7.30 pm. It woud be great to get a home win. Anyone know what sort of team Utd have this year. Well done to all the Celtic lads involved with the St pat's Connacht winning side today. As per web site the club had 7 out of the 8 players involved.

gufc2000
13/05/2009, 4:46 PM
Big derby game at the weekend when Dec & Harry's lads meet Galway Utd in Celtic Park @ 7.30 pm. It woud be great to get a home win. Anyone know what sort of team Utd have this year. Well done to all the Celtic lads involved with the St pat's Connacht winning side today. As per web site the club had 7 out of the 8 players involved.
If we can field a team we will be doing well. Alot of injuries so we've only played 2 games. We also handed the match to Drogheda a few weeks back. I can see ye winning this one

Closing Time
13/05/2009, 4:49 PM
If we can field a team we will be doing well. Alot of injuries so we've only played 2 games. We also handed the match to Drogheda a few weeks back. I can see ye winning this one

Apart from Niall Walsh any other Mayo players with Utd. Is the team made up of U-20 players?

gufc2000
13/05/2009, 4:53 PM
Apart from Niall Walsh any other Mayo players with Utd. Is the team made up of U-20 players?
Mainly lads from the fringes of the first team squad. However lads like Ger Hanley and Paul Sinnot are injured, and they would be starting. Plus we are missing Sean Kelly, Alan Murphy, Shane Fitzgearld and Derek O'Brien for this weeks game against Bray

hoop4life
13/05/2009, 5:25 PM

i dont think the el clubs have signed many u20 players yet. i see that there is trials for most clubs coming up in the next few weeks and there will be squads picked ou of that. obviously there are still a few u20 players playing a league but not enough for a full squad. (except derry whos squad was all u20 i think)
like closing time said, well done to st pats again. this must be their sixth or seventh connaught title in a row. h canning doing wonders back there!!

Closing Time
14/05/2009, 11:05 AM
i dont think the el clubs have signed many u20 players yet. i see that there is trials for most clubs coming up in the next few weeks and there will be squads picked ou of that. obviously there are still a few u20 players playing a league but not enough for a full squad. (except derry whos squad was all u20 i think)
like closing time said, well done to st pats again. this must be their sixth or seventh connaught title in a row. h canning doing wonders back there!!

Will Celtic enter a team in the U-20 league. I think the coaches at Celtic should take some credit for the success at st. Pats and also heard Breaffy won their section with 4 Celtic lads staring for them and also well done Derrywash who also had a couple of Celtic players when winning their section

Closing Time
15/05/2009, 4:36 PM
I hear that Celtic will be putting in an U-20 this year possible squad: Hennelly, Kirby, Mc Guran, Walsh, O,Reilly, Fitzgerald (x2), Drevins, McDonagh, Baba, Moran, Towey, Hamilton, Staunton, Mc Gowan, plus the winning connacht U-18 squad not named. Great news

Closing Time
17/05/2009, 2:46 AM
Great win tonight good to get first home win

hoop4life
24/05/2009, 8:25 PM
fai senior cup

mayfield 3-2 celtic

apparently we missed a number of great chances to win the game with mayfield down to 10 men. these things happen though, best of luck to mayfield.
celtic now concentrate on a top of the table clash v salthill next week possibly friday night

gufc2000
24/05/2009, 10:39 PM
What kinda crowds have ye been getting for matches? Also, anyone have any pics of Celtic Park?

Closing Time
30/05/2009, 10:09 AM
Well done to Celtic on last nights win over Salthill

JC_GUFC
30/05/2009, 2:17 PM
Great result last night - it would be great if an ambitious club like yours could make it up to the 1st Division. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

kingkong
30/05/2009, 3:23 PM
Who played for Castlebar last night??

30/05/2009, 4:09 PM
Who played for Castlebar last night??The starting 11 was: Jennings, Hamilton, Neary, Stevenson, Flynn, Rowland, G O'Boyle, McDonnell, McHale, Dravins, McGahon.

sligoman
30/05/2009, 4:11 PM
G O'BoyleIs that Gino?

hoop4life
30/05/2009, 4:37 PM
Is that Gino?

no gerard o' boyle.

celtic also had 4 players on the bench who have played with loi clubs. ronan o' boyle was at galway. danny broderick was at longford and galway. stevie ryan was at athlone and shane hynes was at galway.
looking very progressive for us at the mo with entering the u20s aswell. :)

theboy
30/05/2009, 6:14 PM
What was the celtic game like last night? thats a very strong bench to have, great to have it.

kingkong
30/05/2009, 9:26 PM
Any players showing potential of been able to play at higher level this early in the season?ye seem to be playing well.

swinfordfc
31/05/2009, 10:01 PM
ok celtic are now 3rd in the table but have a game in hand over Derry City - do they have to finish top to have play off with other top team to get into first division or what is the story?

Closing Time
31/05/2009, 10:42 PM
ok celtic are now 3rd in the table but have a game in hand over Derry City - do they have to finish top to have play off with other top team to get into first division or what is the story?

Celtic 2nd, 3 pts behind Salthill and 2 in front of Derry after 6 games. Dont know the play-off format

FlapjackJoe
31/05/2009, 11:03 PM

Well, they have to finish in the top 3 anyway. I think they'll have to be the highest-placed team to qualify for the play-offs...

31/05/2009, 11:08 PM
Well, they have to finish in the top 3 anyway. I think they'll have to be the highest-placed team to qualify for the play-offs...I think its the top 4 and yes they have to be the top of the non-league teams to qualify for the play-off, whoever does qualify for the play-off will more then likely go up as Kildare County are woeful at the moment.

gufc2000
01/06/2009, 10:45 AM
I think the FAI have changed it to teams in the Top 3. If there is more than one non-league side I think it goes to the highest placed team. Tralee look like the only team in with a realistic chance in the other group

Was the crowd like at Castlebar-Salthill?

hoop4life
01/06/2009, 3:36 PM
I think the FAI have changed it to teams in the Top 3. If there is more than one non-league side I think it goes to the highest placed team. Tralee look like the only team in with a realistic chance in the other group

Was the crowd like at Castlebar-Salthill?

decent crowd. in and around 200 i would say but not totally sure. there was probably more at the first game against derry but we have been getting good crowds for all the games

Closing Time
04/06/2009, 4:13 PM
From Celtic web site

The clubs Newstalk League of Ireland A Championship game against Dundalk fixed for 6th June @ 4.00 pm in Celtic Park has been postponed until 18th July.

Northern Gale
14/07/2009, 11:10 AM
Castlebar Celtic 5 - 0 Dundalk

great win for Celtic that puts us right back in contention for the league.

We have Sligo on Sat and owe them one from our last encounter.

theboy
14/07/2009, 4:29 PM
Castlebar Celtic 5 - 0 Dundalk

great win for Celtic that puts us right back in contention for the league.

We have Sligo on Sat and owe them one from our last encounter.

good result at home, sounded like a good game according to the CT. 2 home wins from the next 2 games now would put ye in a great spot.

16/07/2009, 5:59 PM
Game against Sligo Rovers now on Sunday evening.

threefivetwo
16/07/2009, 6:29 PM
Game against Sligo Rovers now on Sunday evening.

is the game definitely changed to sunday evenin? why's that?

holidaysong
16/07/2009, 6:44 PM
If my information is correct Dundalk played with 10 men for the entire game, is that right?

16/07/2009, 7:13 PM
is the game definitely changed to sunday evenin? why's that?Sligo's senior team are playing on Saturday away against Shamrock Rovers. They are entitled not to play their A championship games on the same day as their first teams games.

kingkong
16/07/2009, 8:57 PM
If my information is correct Dundalk played with 10 men for the entire game, is that right?

no celtic had a player sent off before dundalk for two yellow cards in the 2nd half.Then dundalk had a man sent off for a professional foul!

Northern Gale
19/07/2009, 9:05 PM
Celtic 3 - 1 Sligo

Great performance by Celtic not sure what to say about Sligo as they did not even have a manager with them. It all became a bit scrappy at the end with a few Ex-Celtic players becoming a bit too involved

sligoman
20/07/2009, 12:01 AM
It all became a bit scrappy at the end with a few Ex-Celtic players becoming a bit too involvedHeard ye were dirty alright, what happened?

theboy
20/07/2009, 9:16 AM
Heard ye were dirty alright, what happened?

went to watch the game last night, wasnt really a dirty game, celtic just seem to want it more. yes there was no holding back but thats what its all about. celtic played some great football last nite, good play leading up to there 3 goals. celtic gifted them a goal early in the second half. well done to celtic there playing some great stuff, there able to get stuck in when needed and play ball when they get it. from what ive seen they have held there own this year, well done to all.