PDA

View Full Version : Drogheda Next

Well Red
19/04/2009, 9:21 PM
With 7 out of a possible 9 points from our last three games against good opposition I feel ok about our game at Drogheda. They only have a couple of points but are a typical banana skin and are a much better outfit than their position indicates. Can anyone tell me who of the injured players are likely to be back soon. Trying not to be too hopeful as the next few weeks are not easy but not as hard as the 3 weeks just gone.
Cannot wait to get into the ground on Friday and hope we can carry a good bit of support as I know a good few of our Dublin supporters will be there. Need to keep the line and not be caught offside so often but it is a massive game for us, a ten team league is tough going as there are no walk overs like the division below us. Come on you Reds

Rovers Maniac
19/04/2009, 9:58 PM
Drogs are on a bad run but nobody is hammering them. They came very close to beating Shams a few weeks ago, and were only beaten by a goal i think in all games bar Dundalk when they had a couple of Pens given against them. I really hope O'Grafy is back for this, if not Feeney at centre back for me and Ventre in the centre of midfield.

srfc1928
19/04/2009, 10:11 PM
I really hope O'Grafy is back for this, if not Feeney at centre back for me and Ventre in the centre of midfield.
I think thats the way to go aswell,
rather than moving Keane into the middle of the back 4.
Hopefully Conor is ok though.

Only1Rovers
19/04/2009, 10:17 PM
I really hope O'Grafy is back for this, if not Feeney at centre back for me and Ventre in the centre of midfield.

I heard chris butler say at half time that O'Grady's injury seemed to be a dead leg.

Rory H
19/04/2009, 10:34 PM
a lot worse than that apparently

Rovers Maniac
19/04/2009, 10:48 PM
a lot worse than that apparently

Ya thats what i heard as well, hopefully its not.

srfc1928
19/04/2009, 10:52 PM
Ya thats what i heard as well, hopefully its not.
oh no

Rovers fan
20/04/2009, 12:24 AM
and are a much better outfit than their position indicates.

Not really, there in 10th position and thats most likely where they will finish....
But I know wht ya mean, they deserve more than 2 points on the board.

God, if it's a bad injury O'Grady we're in deep s**t. Really down to the bare bones now. Another injury or two would derail us. That's the problem with the small squad.

Interesting that the bookies have us at basically the same price as drogs. I would have thought we would be favourites. I'm gonna plug for a draw if we're missing O'Grady. We really missed him after he went of against bohs. Can't see drogheda scoring, they don't really have many good attacking players and have a few of their better ones out injured(especially joxer). If we can nick a goal we should be able to hold on.......

dong
20/04/2009, 7:59 AM
What's the diagnosis with O'Grady? Is he okay?

Mayo Red
20/04/2009, 10:01 AM
Potential bananaskin alrite but we have to build on our recent good form, take maximum points from the basement side and keep moving up the table!

red bellied
20/04/2009, 10:54 AM
What is the story with Almedia? Came on as sub against Dundalk and now he is injured again. I dont think Cooke would of risked him that night if there was any worries over his fitness.

The Midget Gem
20/04/2009, 5:08 PM
If we want to push on from last season we need to be winning these games. Despite a few good results recently we are still not in a great position. And most would have been disappointed with this before the start of the season. A win here is vital. If we fail to pick up 3 points here i can't see us going to Cork and getting anything then we will find ourselves adrift in the bottom half again. We need to start pushing on into the top half now after a poor start. Its were we should be and probably will be come the end of the season.
I predict 2nil to Rovers.

Rovers1
20/04/2009, 9:17 PM
What is the story with Almedia? Came on as sub against Dundalk and now he is injured again. I dont think Cooke would of risked him that night if there was any worries over his fitness.

Out for another 8 weeks according to Sligoman

celticV3
21/04/2009, 5:51 PM
Predict a scrappy 3 points

Rory H
21/04/2009, 5:56 PM
Heard Cookie told the Maniac that if the boys didn't get the three points for his birthday they'd be in training Saturday morning......:D

Mayo Red
24/04/2009, 8:55 AM
I'll go for a hardfought 2-1 win for Rovers to continue our good run of form of late and keep us pushing up the table. Raf and Boco to score! As has been said, there are no easy games in a 10 team division especially away but we have to be capable of taking full points from the bottom placed side in fairness, and I have to get a prediction right at some stage!!:D

red bellied
24/04/2009, 8:07 PM
Feeney on for Torpey and gone to centre back. O Grady not fit enough to play.

sligofan4ever
24/04/2009, 8:08 PM
Feeney on for Torpey and gone to centre back. O Grady not fit enough to play.

How did Torpey play ?

red bellied
24/04/2009, 8:09 PM
How did Torpey play ?

Dont know, not at it.

red bellied
24/04/2009, 8:16 PM
Morrison up front with Cretaro, Boco dropped back to midfield.

red bellied
24/04/2009, 8:27 PM
Morisson off now down to nine men.

The Midget Gem
24/04/2009, 8:31 PM
Very bad:mad:

roversman
24/04/2009, 8:43 PM
we will have no team for next week