PDA

View Full Version : Happy Christmas Huntley

liam88
21/12/2003, 10:21 PM
Ian Huntley is up for a transfer to a Broadmoore prison luxury suite which he will enter when bulding work is complete-some time in the new year. This suite will include a colour tv, playstation, an Argos Catolouge with a £40 per week allowance from the tax-payers money, a tailor to custom edit or alter any mail order clothes which don't fit or suit him and much more. He will also have his own room key to enter and leave his suite at will and will have a free telephone which he has complete acess to, no numbers barred.
This guy murderd TWO TEN YEAR OLD GIRLS. Holly and Jessica's incredible parents have had to face over a year of grief since their daughters were taken away from them and after Huntley was found guilty and awarded life imprisonment they must have thought they had a least some closure. Instead he will experience a lifestyle for which most people living out on the streets would do anything to be given. Do you want to live in a world where there are homeless people spending these Christmas nights in cardboard boxes whilst paedophiles and murderers are rewarded like this.
Of course he has to stay in Broadmoore for the rest of his life but with a lifestyle like that who would want to leave? This is hardly a punishment to fit the crimes!
To make things even worse all of these luxuries that thousands across the world are deprived of are being bought with taxpayers money!
So a family who can't afford a t.v or games console (let alone £40 a week on Argos and a tailor) because they are trying to feed themselves, must pay tax so that Huntley can have everything that they can't. If your lucky enough to liv in Ireland it's not your money but it is still unjust for so many millions in Britain.

Please sign the petition below to keep Huntley in a normal prison or one of the current Broadmoore suites so that the taxpayers money can be spent on people who actually deserve it.

(we will add your signature to those we already have and send it off to HMPS).

Thank you

brendy_éire
21/12/2003, 10:54 PM
Wise up mucker! The English prison system is nothing to do with us. Yer's man in jail fer life, who cares how he lives, he'll still never been gettin out.

BTW, what's worse than Michael Jackson's at bed time?
Ian Huntley's at bath time.

Pablo
22/12/2003, 3:39 PM
Originally posted by brendy_eire
Wise up mucker! The English prison system is nothing to do with us.

Isn't Derry in England? :)

A face
22/12/2003, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
Isn't Derry in England? :)

I'd say you'd be tad off the mark there fella !!

Ruairi
22/12/2003, 4:08 PM
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH........ Nasty........

tiktok
22/12/2003, 4:20 PM
If what you claim is true Liam, then there's nothing to stop him to ringing the parents of the murdered girls. I find that impossible to believe, at best he will have to request numbers through the prison, or have the numbers he phones monitored.

The other 'rewards' are no doubt standard in British prisons (or at least in solitary cells where huntley will be forced to stay for his own safety). To treat him differently could leave the Prison Service open to lawsuits.

As for altering clothes, it's not like someone from saville row will be into the cell to him, most likely they will be altered in the prison, again no doubt a standard practice when a prisoner can't really try the stuff on in a shop. In any case, what point would there be to having him wear pants that were too tight, it'd hardly be a punishment, he's in jail for life.

It costs tax payers for every prisoner in jail, not just the sun's current 'poster boy for evil'. You ask 'with a lifestyle like his' who'd want to leave Broadmoor, the answer I'd imagine, is every single person in the place.

liam88
22/12/2003, 5:08 PM
Hey-was just trying to get a few more signatures to make up the 100-no harm in that.

A face
23/12/2003, 8:36 AM
Originally posted by liam88
Hey-was just trying to get a few more signatures to make up the 100-no harm in that.

To what end ???

liam88
23/12/2003, 6:28 PM
What dya mean?

liam88
23/12/2003, 6:31 PM
Yer's man in jail fer life,

-MY man?

who cares how he lives,

[/B]

the parents of the innocent girls he murdered mabye?

BTW, what's worse than Michael Jackson's at bed time?
Ian Huntley's at bath time.
[/B]
Been posted before-ended up in the trash

:rolleyes:

brendy_éire
23/12/2003, 11:21 PM
Let it go, Liam. No-one cares. :rolleyes: BTW, are you a reader of English tablods? Aye, thought so.

A face
24/12/2003, 8:08 AM
Let it go, Liam. No-one cares. :rolleyes: BTW, are you a reader of English tablods? Aye, thought so.

Exactly ..... "To What End" means what good will it do getting people to sign ? Is there a campaign ot change his living conditions ? Stay out of it ...... It is like a witch hunt organised by The Sun. Mindless nonsense !!

DolansWaistcoat
24/12/2003, 12:27 PM
I don't think our handfull of signatures is gonna make any difference to anything but lads ya have to see where Liam is coming from here.At least he is trying to do something no matter how small it is to see that maggot huntley not living the high life in prison when it's supposed to be a punishment for the terrible crimes he has commited.

Put yourselfs in the girl's parents shoes and you'd want him thrown into the 'hole' for the rest of his life like your man in the film,'murder in the 1st'.:mad:

liam88
27/12/2003, 2:33 PM
1. I don't believe everything I read in 'The Sun' or any other "tablods" for that matter but the way the British government have acted in the past with cases such as the Bulger boys proves the point.

2. I'd rather do something and know that there is a chance it COULD make a difference than sit around knowing I never even bothered trying (thanks for your support Waistcoat :))

3. Within a week we should be on 150 :D (or past it)

4. Yeah we're sending it off to HMPS, Downing Street and the CPS to try and block the move.

5. Presumably if you pay tax from any part of the United Kingdom it all goes to these stupid little government schemes even if you live in Derry, correct me if i'm wrong.

6. "No one Cares' except the 85 who have signed so far over the christmas break so even if I don't bother collecting signatures around here I won't "Let it go".

We are going to cause a little outcry with a few letters and hoepfully a couple of hundred signatures. We're just providing a path for people who disagree with his treatment and allowing them to make their voice heard in 10 seconds by typing their name rather than having to post things off themselves.
Mabye we'll make a difference mabye we won't, but at least we gave it a shot and that's what it's all about

;)

brendy_éire
27/12/2003, 10:33 PM
:rolleyes: Liam, the opinion of a few people has no place any legal system.

Let's say, for instance, the PD's went out and got a petition goin got keep Joe Higgins in jail for an extra month. Chances are they'd find enough capitalist scumbags in this country to get a petition 20 times as big as yours. By your theory then, the courts should take the petition into account and give Joe an extra month. Aye, sounds stupid, and it is. Same principle with your petition. Aye, now ye see what a ridiculous precedent ye're trying to set. ;)

liam88
28/12/2003, 8:25 PM
Rediculous? Mabye, mabye not.

The thing is I'm not going to sit back and things like this go on. Mabye we'll make a difference, as you pointed out we probably won't, but at least we're doing something to try and make our voices heard (even if it is very quietly).

A few of us want to stand up, and that's what everyone protests for. Anti-war marches arcoss the world-there was still a war in Iraq. They just wanted to make their voices heard.

If you don't want to sign our petition then don't but don't spend your time slamming it. Like I said, we are just trying to give people an easy way to make their voices heard, on the internet as well as many other places.

It's not ridiculous it's just us doing what we CAN and helping other people to do that. We're not trying to set any precedent, just make a bit of noise against something we believe is wrong. End of story.

DolansWaistcoat
28/12/2003, 10:05 PM
Spot on Liam.

If ya think its right or wrong that a convicted child killer should spend his time in comfort even if he is locked up for the rest of his life,thats not the point here.

Liam is standing up for something he feels strongly about and if anyone doesn't want to stand up with him then DON'T.Just stop complaining because someone is trying to do something against an injustice.If there were more people like Liam around then the world might be a better place.(I know it's an old cliche)

brendy_éire
28/12/2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by DolansWaistcoat
Liam is standing up for something he feels strongly about and if anyone doesn't want to stand up with him then DON'T.Just stop complaining because someone is trying to do something against an injustice.

And I think it would be a great injustice and an insult to the legal system if a public petition was to change the verdict of a court. ;)

liam88
29/12/2003, 7:14 PM
Ignoring Brendy here-can I put your name on the petition Donlen?

Even if no, thanks for all your help :)

DolansWaistcoat
30/12/2003, 8:06 PM
ya Liam,how do I put my name on?

Maybe we could start a petition to put Brendy in the cell next to Huntley.Sur,a nice comfy cell might be better than the torture of watching Derry City play.;) :D

liam88
30/12/2003, 11:46 PM
hehe sounds good to me :D
Just private message me youir name and i'll stick it on :)
We're going to try and get a website where you cans ign online but can't find a way yet.......

liam88
30/12/2003, 11:50 PM
And I think it would be a great injustice and an insult to the legal system if a public petition was to change the verdict of a court. ;)

Verdict of a court? The verdict was guilty and life in prison and we're no way arguing with that!

We're trying to change his living conditions in this so called 'prison'.

brendy_éire
31/12/2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by liam88
life in prison and we're no way arguing with that!

Exactly. Life in 'prison'. Not life a facility different from what other people get.
Explain why he should be treated different from any other prisoner convicted of murder.

liam88
31/12/2003, 5:51 PM
He shouldn't-which is why we're campaigning :rolleyes:

liam88
04/01/2004, 9:11 PM
http://www.keephuntleyinjail.tk -if you want to sign online.
http://www.anythingelse.com -if you don't
:D

Duncan Gardner
10/01/2004, 3:45 PM
Point of information for Liam. Broadmoor is a high-security hospital. The prison housing Ian Huntley is Belmarsh.

As probably one of the few foot.ie readers to have actually been inside the latter (I failed a screw's job interview), any resemblance it bears to a holiday camp is non-existent.

They may have seen through my wishy-washy attitude to long-term imprisonment. But for all that don't expect Huntley to be back in Civvy Street much before 2030, if ever.

liam88
11/01/2004, 11:31 AM
He's moving to Broadmoore when the luxury suite is complete

frano
13/01/2004, 9:43 PM
Got to say the reaction to Liam's request is more than a bit harsh lads.

Your saying, basically, whats the point. Even if you don't like the idea of the way he's being punished your opinions won't change anything.

Well i have to say your right lads, your opinions almost certainly won't.

What's really sad to me, is that it would have taken you all so much less effort to add your names to the petition, than it did to give your reasons for not doing so.

If your opinions didn't count lads.
I wouldn't visit this site.

Fair play Liam, count me in.

brendy_éire
13/01/2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by frano
Got to say the reaction to Liam's request is more than a bit harsh lads.

Your saying, basically, whats the point. Even if you don't like the idea of the way he's being punished your opinions won't change anything.

The objection is to him being treated differently from anyone else. Why should he? The only reason that petition is going is because of the extra media attention his case got. I guarantee that if he'd killed two 25-year old men no-one would have cared all that much.

frano
13/01/2004, 10:20 PM
The objection is to him being treated differently from anyone else. Why should he? The only reason that petition is going is because of the extra media attention his case got. I guarantee that if he'd killed two 25-year old men no-one would have cared all that much.

Yeah Brendy, your probably right.

But then he didn't did he.

tiktok
14/01/2004, 9:46 AM
Originally posted by frano

that wasn't my point at all. liam has used words like 'luxury suite' to imply that Huntley is being rewarded for his notoriety. Huntley is being treated the same as every high profile murderer and sex offender being detained in a high security facility in solitary (obviously because other prisoners would only be itching to have a go).

He's not being singled out for the special treatment that's being implied, and IMO anyone adding their name to this petition is just having a knee-jerk reaction to an inflammatory story, not recognising that Huntley is being punished exactly as anybody else guilty of such crimes would be.

sadloserkid
14/01/2004, 12:06 PM
Well I think that people have totally missed the point here. Would Huntley have been as reviled if he killed two 25-year old men? No, probably not, not even if they were Limerick fans, the most lovable of all people! I'll be honest with you I think that it's worse for a grown man to murder (at best) two 10-year old girls than two 25-year old men in the manner he did. Those two kids had no chance. The media circus that followed afterwards was pathetic and even at the time I muttered under my breath how it was a real pity that Holly and Jessica weren't wearing Cambridge United jersies as opposed to Man Yoo ones. Even so for anybody to complain at people wanting Huntley to serve serious hard time makes my mind boggle...

On another subject I think that the treatment meted out to Maxine Carr by the media and the Brit public in general was a disgrace. She wasn't involved at all in the murders from what I've gathered and she's had to endure over-the-top bile basically because she believed the man she loved when she said he didn't do it and lied for him. A crime certainly but hardly a major one.

And to make that crystal clear for anybody who's looking to pick an argument allow me to clarify.

I think it's worse to kill two ten-year old girls than to tell lies. So sue me. Maybe I'll get the cell next door to Ian.

liam88
14/01/2004, 5:18 PM
Let me clear this up-the petition is because he IS being treated differently.
The words 'luxury suite' wern't my choosing-that's what it is called-"TheBroadmoore Luxury Suite".
He will have his own key to wander in and out as long as he stays in Broadmoore.
Now-knowing people in the prison service and having done my homework BEFORE we launched this petition-generally prisons in England have 2 levels-Advanced and Basic, the main difference being that advanced you get a tv and get to wear your own clothes.
People who behaved badly inside prison get basic.
Now in my opinion (and that of the many others who have signed the petition and are helping us spread the word) the sheer sick and inhuman actions he has commited and the toture he has put so many people through means he deserves the most basic.
Instead-he is being moved to the NEW luxury suites.
Other life-sentances have got basic so it isn't to do with the fact he is in for so long.
Summing up we arn't saying lock him in a room on his own for the rest of his life, we arn't saying put him below any other human and we arn't saying hang him. All we are saying is that he shouldn't be treated differently to any other murderer/paedophile and should therefore not get a luxury suite but should simply have the lowest rights that prisoners are CURRENTLY given.
Thanks for your support those who have especially Waistcoat and Frano,
like Frano said-this site is all about opinions. If you want Huntley to be treated like any other murderer sign your name in 5 seconds on www.keephuntleyinjail.tk , if you don't, then don't.
Just don't spend so much of your time in here sending me messages against our campaign, we're not going to stop this campaign even after we've posted off the first batch of siignatures so at the end of the day what's the point?

tiktok
15/01/2004, 8:15 AM
I see where you're coming from Liam and I'm not knocking the effort, especially with so much apathy about, but my belief is that you can't make good laws with emotive cases.

It's been posted that it's worse to take the lives of two 10yr olds than of two 25 yr olds. Not for the families and friends of those same 25 yr olds, who would similarly seek greater hardships for 'their' Huntleys.

Those grieving can appeal to the judge for a harsh sentence but those emotionally involved should have no other input into the trial or sentencing (obviously except as witness to the act). Jury selection itself requires absence of bias and emotion about the case. Because of the media circus that followed the trial, many feel emotionally involved in this case and the petition is a result of this.

It would be a different case if Huntley had gotten ten years instead of life, in that case I'd be signing a petition too, because that would have been a travesty of justice, but in this case, the punishment fits the crime.

I don't suggest the petition won't make a difference, i say that it shouldn't.

sadloserkid
15/01/2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
It's been posted that it's worse to take the lives of two 10yr olds than of two 25 yr olds. Not for the families and friends of those same 25 yr olds, who would similarly seek greater hardships for 'their' Huntleys.

That was me and I'm going to defend it. I'm 22 and I think that it takes an even worse person to kill Holly and Jessica than it would to kill me (and I know some of the Cobh crew have fantasised about it). I agree that to the families and friends of these fictictious 25 year olds there's no difference and nor should their be. They're not impartial witnesses though. The murder of children is the most heinous type of murder in my eyes. Personally I'd like to see Huntley hung or gassed or whatever but I'm not trying to turn this into a death penalty debate so let's not get side-tracked. The logisitcs of this case speak for themselves in my case. He lured them into his house and killed them. At best. Because he burned the bodies we can't tell what happened in the interim but I don't feel the least bit guilty about assuming that even more untoward actions took place. There's an innocence about kids that has disappeared by the time they're adults. That's why it is a worse crime to murder kids. That's my opinion on it though unlike some people here I'm quite happy that everybody else has their own.

I will sign the petition but for far less noble reasons. From the start of this case I've thought Huntley was an @sshole (going out of his way to sympathise with one of the kids fathers???) and anything that might make his existence a little more difficult is ok in my book.

slk (a graduate of the eye-for-an-eye school ;))

liam88
15/01/2004, 7:32 PM
Thank you :)
www.keephuntleyinjail.tk if anyone else wants to join waistcoat, frano sadloserkid and myself :)