PDA

View Full Version : Eh, We have a match today!!!

Keen2win
18/04/2009, 10:41 AM
And a must win one at that...

Is there many heading to Galway?

Its awfully quiet in here:confused:

Is Gough playing in goals??

Longfordian
18/04/2009, 10:46 AM
I'd say there'll be a few down, won't be there myself. I'd say Gough will be in goals alright, don't think Konopka's work permit has been processed yet. I could be wrong but I don't think it has anyway. I agree that we badly need a win with tougher fixtures coming up, hopefully we can manage it.

longfordjames
18/04/2009, 12:53 PM
im going

cmon de town

Martinho II
18/04/2009, 2:47 PM
im going too along with sorbo the greek and the reason why we are quiet is that we are depressed with the way the team is playin at the moment...:(

Keen2win
18/04/2009, 2:52 PM
Bring back " Its never going to be about our best back four" thread:D

But seriously, we'd wanna win tonight, we can't be that sh!te, can we?

Martinho II
18/04/2009, 3:01 PM
Bring back " Its never going to be about our best back four" thread:D

But seriously, we'd wanna win tonight, we can't be that sh!te, can we?

the way we r playin is like last season all over again..

Longfordian
18/04/2009, 3:15 PM
Chin up Martinho, a long way to go in the season. A couple of wins would lift everyone's spirits. Starting tonight.

Tallanted
18/04/2009, 4:18 PM
It could be worse we could be Monaghon or Kildare!

Keen2win
18/04/2009, 9:05 PM
Fookin hell wat happened?

Can I guess that we were a disgrace?:mad:

Ash
18/04/2009, 10:30 PM
So has Gough been given the boot yet? He's not liked among the Committee or so I'm told

longfordjames
18/04/2009, 11:01 PM
****e performance..waste of a night..gettin sick of losing to pub teams like mervue and athlone..absolute ****e..we arew very lucky kildare are in this league tonight was a load of ******

RonnieB
19/04/2009, 11:48 AM
I had a fantastic night.. oh yea I was at ACDC :)

Longfordian
19/04/2009, 11:55 AM
So has Gough been given the boot yet? He's not liked among the Committee or so I'm told

We can't keep sacking managers every few months, it's ridiculous. Personally I would have given Vinny Perth a crack at it full time but the committeee went through the interview process and gave the job to Alan Gough, they should stick by their decision and see how it turns out. If it doesn't work out then fine but it's only 7 games in, that's no length of time to give someone in fairness.

L.T.F.C.
19/04/2009, 12:04 PM
just on the topic of managers, well kinda, my friend on the ucd team was saying how the team love a o'callaghan! he said that his training routines are the sh¡t and that he is a great motivator. ah well.

Longfordian
19/04/2009, 12:08 PM
As a coach he's one of the very best but as a manager he's just too hot headed and that alienates players.

RonnieB
19/04/2009, 6:25 PM
The same ocallaghan who believes telling people they are **** is a way to get the team going?

Gough needs to be given time, only seven bloody games in.

Martinho II
19/04/2009, 7:11 PM
just back from galway. absolutely devasted with the result. a poor crowd of around 100 people were at it. It was lookin so well for us until we let in the two goals at the end. I dont want to criticise the manager but Dara Concannon was easily man of the match for me and I thought it wasnt the best decision to substitute him but its my opinion and what do I know?. I thought a draw was a fair result but it is going to get harder for us with the run of games we have coming up.

We have the three dublin clubs coming up I dont know how we are goin to get a point from three hard games against shels,fingal and ucd. We are very lucky that Monaghan got hammered saturday afternoon .We could equal the unwanted record of eight losses in a row like last season but I will be delighted if I am proved wrong.

Oh by the way if you think this is a crisis ? does anyone remember the 95-96 season at mullogher under john cleary when we couldnt win at home all season?? we have gone through worst situations in the past and the budget is against us in the way we have our squad. roll on monaghan and kildare!

RonnieB
19/04/2009, 10:29 PM
It has only just dawned on me we lost... up until two seconds ago I thought we drew two all... wish I didnt find out till the morning..

Town Legend
20/04/2009, 1:36 AM
Could someone please post up the line ups and substitutions made for the League Cup game against Athlone and the League game against Mervue as I haven't had access to the internet in a few days. And also www.extratime.ie isn't the most accurate website for the First Division, thats when they bother puttting up the lineups!!

Salmon Coloured
20/04/2009, 7:09 AM
Sadly I didnt head to Galway in the end. What a pity we lost. A positive seems to be that we are scoring goals at least. Im all for giving Gough time. As Longfordian said we cant keep getting rid of managers. I still think Vinny Perth should have been kept on in a capacity. He got a few results at the end of last season whe Aaron left. Also he has the Club in his heart & seemed to genuinely care. Im not saying Gough doesnt, as I said he needs time. We appear to already need a few more players, whats that theres a recession on? Oh right.................................

howsyourtouch
20/04/2009, 12:02 PM
Sadly I didnt head to Galway in the end. What a pity we lost. A positive seems to be that we are scoring goals at least. Im all for giving Gough time. As Longfordian said we cant keep getting rid of managers. I still think Vinny Perth should have been kept on in a capacity. He got a few results at the end of last season whe Aaron left. Also he has the Club in his heart & seemed to genuinely care. Im not saying Gough doesnt, as I said he needs time. We appear to already need a few more players, whats that theres a recession on? Oh right.................................

ahahahahahaha...are you serious??

Lim till i die
20/04/2009, 12:23 PM
Was up at the game Saturday and would be seriously starting to wonder if I was ye.

Your manager is standing in goals.

Your defence is comically inept.

And the manager, who is standing in the goalmouth can't organise them?? It's shocking stuff lads.

Every corner, EVERY CORNER Mervue got they were all bunching in the middle and one Mervue player would peel off, run to the back post, free header. Time after time after time.

And this couldn't be sorted? Gough didn't open his mouth for the whole game. And he was lobbed on his line for the second goal. (Free Header.)

Also takes at least three or four blind hacks before one of your defenders manages to get the ball upfield.

Your number five has the physique to be an excellent centre half but looks terrified.

The Gap between your midfield two and your back four is a gigantic chasm.

Your left winger is a cheat.

Your number ten is a leper.

The defence is a scared comedy act.

Mervue are a terrible side. Any LoI team that loses to them should hang its head in shame, unacceptable.

That's my opinion anyway. :) *

* I fully realise that by writing this critical post I have almost certainly condemned Limerick to defeat in Longford in four weeks time. :)

Salmon Coloured
20/04/2009, 12:33 PM
Was up at the game Saturday and would be seriously starting to wonder if I was ye.

And the manager, who is standing in the goalmouth can't organise them?? It's shocking stuff lads.

Every corner, EVERY CORNER Mervue got they were all bunching in the middle and one Mervue player would peel off, run to the back post, free header. Time after time after time.

And this couldn't be sorted? Gough didn't open his mouth for the whole game. And he was lobbed on his line for the second goal. (Free Header.)

Also takes at least three or four blind hacks before one of your defenders manages to get the ball upfield.

Your number five has the physique to be an excellent centre half but looks terrified.

Mervue are a terrible side. Any LoI team that loses to them should hang its head in shame, unacceptable.

Thanks & points taken. However your ground looks like Auschwitz. Im surprised there is any natural life growing inside it. I doubt birds ever fly over it either due to feeling uneasy in its presence.

* I fully realise that by writing this critical post I have almost certainly condemned Limerick to defeat in Longford in four weeks time. :)

Thanks & points taken. However your ground looks like Auschwitz. Im surprised there is any natural life growing inside it. I doubt birds ever fly over it either due to feeling uneasy in its presence.

Salmon Coloured
20/04/2009, 12:34 PM
ahahahahahaha...are you serious??

You know something we dont Howsyourtouch? You think Vinny Perth didnt have a soft spot for us?

Lim till i die
20/04/2009, 12:40 PM
However your ground looks like Auschwitz.

Your ground is falling down around your ears.

We don't own ours

What's your excuse??

Tallanted
20/04/2009, 1:28 PM
Your ground is falling down around your ears.

We don't own ours

What's your excuse??

Erosion!

Longfordian
20/04/2009, 1:39 PM
The recession. My excuse for everything to be honest.

Salmon Coloured
20/04/2009, 1:47 PM
We don't own ours

Thank you very much Stanley for the above comment. Ours is fine, I like the space in yere place behind the goals, nice spot for the kids to ride around on horseback.
Anyway id rather have our ground crumbling around us rather than the entire fabric of the society I live in crumbling & overran with blood, drugs, intimidation & shootahs. Limerick till you die? Quite literally methinks.
I'll see you when we play ye in Limerick soon. I'll be the guy in the White Suit teaching the kids to spell the word Daddy behind the goals. Hopefully I can man the soup kitchen at the same time.
Oh yeah you will probably finish ahead of us this year. Yup the back 4 need sorting.

Lim till i die
20/04/2009, 2:44 PM
Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah WahWah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah.

Bravo Sir.

Easier than scoring against Longford. :eek: :D :D

Tallanted
20/04/2009, 2:49 PM
Kildare wouldn't agree!

RonnieB
20/04/2009, 3:12 PM
This just in... Powersauce is Amazing!

Rocky77
20/04/2009, 5:09 PM

Are you the guy who trawled back through months old thread at the end of last season to prove your prediction of finishing above us?

da bishop
20/04/2009, 11:01 PM
LADS,just humour him......these threads are his whole life.

howsyourtouch
21/04/2009, 1:35 AM
You know something we dont Howsyourtouch? You think Vinny Perth didnt have a soft spot for us?

he had once upon a time...make of it what ye will...if say what i know i get told of for false aqusations and if i dont back it up with the facts im told im spoutin rubbish also...does anyone honestly think vinnie would be doing anything differently than gough with the budget he would have had?

Salmon Coloured
21/04/2009, 11:59 AM
He may have the midfield playing better being one himself. He probably wouldnt have signed the Meath GAA keeper we had at the start which cost us points. Its pie in the Sky but as I said above I would have took him in a shot.