PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Limerick for game in Thomond

Paulie
16/04/2009, 1:02 PM
We've booked the Wednesday night in Pery's Best Western in Limerick for the night of the Australia match. I think it's pretty central and it has a resident's bar which will hopefully stay open late. Any locals know how far it is from Thomond?

NeilMcD
16/04/2009, 1:13 PM
1.7km according to google maps.

Lionel Ritchie
16/04/2009, 1:23 PM
Stayed there at Christmas Paulie. It's fine. Slap bang in the center of Limerick and handy to everything. If you're coming in on the train or bus it's only 200yds from the station. If driving just beware it has no parking.

I live across the road from TP and 1.7km sounds thereabouts. it'd take 15-20mins max to get there on foot or if you make your way downtown to Dunnes Stores on Henry St you'll get a bus -302 Caherdavin or 303 Ballynanty Beg. Either will drop you right outside TP.

Cab should cost no more than six or seven.

been there
16/04/2009, 1:25 PM
what date are we playing in Limerick as i want two book hotel

Bluetonic
16/04/2009, 1:45 PM
Details (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ireland+friendly+thomond+park+fai)

NeilMcD
16/04/2009, 1:47 PM
Come on Bluetonic no need to be so smart.

We are playing Australia on August 12th and South Africa on September 8th.

Bluetonic
16/04/2009, 1:51 PM
Come on NeilMcD how hard is it to Google something?

old git
16/04/2009, 1:59 PM

We are playing Australia on August 12th and South Africa on September 8th.

anybody know when tickets will be on sale and will they be available to the general public .. i.e. dont have to block buy of fai :mad:

AidoM
16/04/2009, 2:02 PM
anybody know when tickets will be on sale and will they be available to the general public .. i.e. dont have to block buy of fai :mad:

Blockbookers are getting first shout it appears and left overs, if any :p, will go on general sale

Green Tribe
16/04/2009, 2:41 PM
i got the form sent out to me today in the post for applying for tickets, prob just go for the 2 tickets unless i hear otherwise

Paulie
16/04/2009, 4:38 PM
Stayed there at Christmas Paulie. It's fine. Slap bang in the center of Limerick and handy to everything. If you're coming in on the train or bus it's only 200yds from the station. If driving just beware it has no parking.

I live across the road from TP and 1.7km sounds thereabouts. it'd take 15-20mins max to get there on foot or if you make your way downtown to Dunnes Stores on Henry St you'll get a bus -302 Caherdavin or 303 Ballynanty Beg. Either will drop you right outside TP.

Cab should cost no more than six or seven.

That sounds bang on. Thanks. We're getting a train from Dublin (I think there's one at about 13:30 which is perfect). There better be a bar carriage!

NeilMcD
16/04/2009, 4:40 PM
Why dont you book your tickets online as it only costs 15 euro each way and you can pick your seats.

Paulie
16/04/2009, 5:14 PM
Why dont you book your tickets online as it only costs 15 euro each way and you can pick your seats.

I probably will once the website allows it. I think it will have to be a bit closer to the date before it's bookable online.

old git
16/04/2009, 8:18 PM
Blockbookers are getting first shout it appears and left overs, if any :p, will go on general sale

don't think too many left overs will be available .. would imagine great demand for tickets from munster area alone :mad:

Cowboy
17/04/2009, 8:06 AM

Thats funny :)

gspain
17/04/2009, 8:46 AM
don't think too many left overs will be available .. would imagine great demand for tickets from munster area alone :mad:

Hard to know but I think they are overpriced and won't sell well particularly the South Africa game as kids will be back at school.

Anybody driving from Dublin btw would get back in 2.5 hours after the game. it does mean no drinking but will save the cost of a hotel and time off work.

Claret Murph
17/04/2009, 10:04 AM
You never know as CIE may put on a special train as they do for fans travelling up to Dublin for games and I would say this one could sell out no problems .

Chippy
17/04/2009, 4:30 PM

very good :D:D:D

NeilMcD
17/04/2009, 8:14 PM

Been there I know this is the second time this has happened and I was at fault for the first time. Sorry about it and I hope you post here on a more regular basis. Hope to see you in Sofia Cyprus and Limerick.

Conormack
18/04/2009, 10:49 PM
any hotel on the clare side of limerick will be well near thomand. . looks pretty impressive standing above everything around it. shame bout tickets prices prob

been there
19/04/2009, 3:50 PM
Thinks Neil i really made a fool of my self but when you get two my age all this technology is new two me. Hope two see you in Craven Cottage on the 29 may

Cowboy
20/04/2009, 3:50 PM
Travelodge has rooms for 29 euro http://www.travelodge.ie/special_offers/spring_sale_and%238364%3b29_rooms.459.offer.html